Command Line Options

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
sethiemeboi
Crushed Dissenter
Team: VlastMX

Re: Command Line Options

Post by sethiemeboi »

could somebody explain to me how the --practice thing works? thanks
sethiemeboi
Crushed Dissenter
Team: VlastMX

Post by sethiemeboi »

could somebody explain to me how the --practice thing works? thanks
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

It makes the computer riders try different lines instead of the lines they've gone the fastest on. To train the AI you'd do a bunch of laps hitting the different lines you expect the AI to hit and then run the game with --learn --practice --warp to let the AI riders test the lines.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
MotoGoon31

Post by MotoGoon31 »

Since the 08-02-17 Snapshot is out, is this now 100% correct?

:?: WHY IS INFO SO HARD TO GATHER & REMEMBER IN THIS GAME?!? Is there not a manual (Downloadable PDF) included in the game download? :idea:
Whether you think you can or you can't; your probably right. - Henry Ford
ColtonD719
Team: Privateer

Post by ColtonD719 »

MotoGoon31 wrote:Is there not a manual (Downloadable PDF) included in the game download? :idea:
Wouldn't that be awesome?

A centralized, up-to-date, and easy to navigate source of info would enable much more progression all around, IMO.
MotoGoon31

Post by MotoGoon31 »

ColtonD719 wrote:
MotoGoon31 wrote:Is there not a manual (Downloadable PDF) included in the game download? :idea:
Wouldn't that be awesome?

A centralized, up-to-date, and easy to navigate source of info would enable much more progression all around, IMO.

RIIGHHTTTT??!!! Its so hard to get help in this game! Lots of empty handed google searches over the years and somehow it leaves me more confused than i was when i started asking google, youtube, forums, ect....

After 3.5 years of playing, im STILL confused about some of the commands, settings, setups and more... Its kinda ridiculous.
Whether you think you can or you can't; your probably right. - Henry Ford
cdub85

Post by cdub85 »

Is there any command to force manual gears, first person, FOV, etc? tried searching for ages and haven't come up with anything. Any help is appreciated.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

cdub85 wrote:Is there any command to force manual gears, first person, FOV, etc? tried searching for ages and haven't come up with anything. Any help is appreciated.
How do you mean force it, isn't it just to set it in game? If you mean as a server spec, there is not at the moment, never really seen it been brought up before either.
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

There's an /fov command but nothing for shifting or first person.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
cdub85

Post by cdub85 »

Ya these are requests for server side settings I have had a lot of. The FOV seems an unimportant setting, but I do see the need for locking the server to manual gears or first person only for parity sake. Would that be a difficult command to include JLV? It would be tremendously useful if it could be toggled off/on for the more “hardcore” races we have. Also, what is the FOV command that you mentioned?
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

The fov command is just for setting an exact fov on the client. The only thing you can force from the server is arcade mode off. The other stuff could be done but I never thought it was a big advantage.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com