foot out when cornering

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
pete-crf
Team: Privateer

foot out when cornering

Post by pete-crf »

was wondering if jlv has put any thought into putting foot out going round a corner
i like the game the way it is but jsut wondering if he is thinking about it
Team MDK : #24 mulishatroop88,#2 02RR02,#728 STAYDOWN,#125 pete-crf

My Video Complition :http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=xq4twMhTn6g
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Re: foot out when cornering

Post by jlv »

The rider already does, but only at speeds less than 15 feet per second (about 10 miles per hour). I've been thinking I should increase that limit since dabbing doesn't fight the steering like it used to. So that leads me to the question, what is the maximum speed that you can put your foot down at? No flat track boots allowed.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Wideopen6

Post by Wideopen6 »

is there any way to make it situational? it shouldnt be a set speed it should be set to the bikes lean and deceleration and such.

i dont know how all this stuff works so fill me in.
DankeKTM21
Team: Danke KTM

Post by DankeKTM21 »

i think it will foot out if you are forward+seat, doesnt matter the speed, but not at 50km/h of course like 20-10
Kawasakis wrote:Hah yeah, because basketball and football requires just one ball - two balls just only for motocross riders haha
Phathry25

Post by Phathry25 »

I'd say leave it as is until you can come up with a new system. Putting your foot out isn't speed related at all, its more about body positioning, and weight transfer. For me I take my foot off during braking, and as soon as I start to twist the throttle back on I'm already bringing it back to the footpeg. To me it would make more sence to dedicate an update to making the riders motions better, and more adjustable. Things such as adjustable riding position, leg out position, and being able to weight the outside footpeg etc...
DankeKTM21

Post by DankeKTM21 »

yes but, i dont think you foot out if you are in a fast large curve :)
Kawasakis wrote:Hah yeah, because basketball and football requires just one ball - two balls just only for motocross riders haha
Voutare

Post by Voutare »

But even then it depends on the curve. Fast large curve doesn't always mean both feet on the pegs.

I agree this should wait until after Multiplayer. And while this is going on, there should be some sort of eject button for hard landings and such. Right now we can ride away from a 20 foot overjump no problem. We shouldn't be able to.
DJD

Post by DJD »

Eventually i would love to see some kind of Ragdoll type crash physics with the rider and bike seperating........

I think that would be a huge step forward for realism........that and new bike sounds...........eventually.......

I dont think the leg out thing is a big deal......
gordy

Post by gordy »

i think even if the rider just had limited grip on the handlebars it would be alright, and if he were able to "collapse" into the seat from a hard landing would be an added extra
it certainly would stop us from bombing 100ft drops to flat like we currently can.
instupitious.
Wilmx829

Post by Wilmx829 »

Make it to where he puts his foot out when he is braking+turning at the average speed you go around a berm or something. But make to where this actually helps the handling, not just for looks as in MCM2
TeamHavocRacing wrote:JLV is a risk-taking genuis pimp.
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

So no one wants the max dab speed increased? I would have thought the people who want easier low speed handling would want it higher.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
DankeKTM21

Post by DankeKTM21 »

i want little bit easy once you foot out :)
hvpunk62

Post by hvpunk62 »

i think max speed wit foot out should be 45-50 mph
Rallemx

Post by Rallemx »

Well, I almost always put my foot out in turns..Doesnt matter if im going at 10 mph or 70..The point of it is to get more weight down on the front wheel.. o,o..Not just be able to dab :o
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Phathry25 wrote:I'd say leave it as is until you can come up with a new system. Putting your foot out isn't speed related at all, its more about body positioning, and weight transfer. For me I take my foot off during braking, and as soon as I start to twist the throttle back on I'm already bringing it back to the footpeg. To me it would make more sence to dedicate an update to making the riders motions better, and more adjustable. Things such as adjustable riding position, leg out position, and being able to weight the outside footpeg etc...
Word... But if in a rut make his foot off, but powering around a corner of berm leave it on like the pro's.
My photography work
www.mikeowenphotographer.com