New to the game!

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
Alfie
Team: Privateer

New to the game!

Post by Alfie »

Hello guys!

I'm completly new to this game. Or well, i'm still playing the demo, i wanna make sure i'm actually available to learn this hard game.

But know i think messed up my set ups a bit, i got pretty much harder then it already was.. And i cant really figure out whats wrong. Maybe someone can send the default settings? The setting i messed around with was the advanced stability settings. So that is just really what i need.

I'm currently running with 70 in stability, i hope this is a good starting point?
I'm also running with the Arcade mode off.
I'm having very big problems stay on the bike, i keep crash all the time, but i guess thats a part of the game :) But if anyone is could give some newbie tips, i would be really grateful if you shared some!

Greetings from Sweden
Alfie #32
SMR 510RR

Re: New to the game!

Post by SMR 510RR »

I am rather new as well but I am getting quicker. This is not the type of game that you can play casually and get good at, it takes some practice to get good.

Default advanced stability:
leveling-20
roll damping-80
roll limit angle-35
roll limit factor-32
steering damping-45
steering strength-75
max steering force-400
direct steering-0
slow damping speed-40
slow damping factor-2
landing damping falloff-0.09
landing damping factor-1.39

Most of those will adjust automatically when you change the stability, set it to 100 and then check and adjust the ones that are off.

Most of the good guys (from what I have read) recommend leaving everything stock and just riding, the more you ride the better you will get. Once you get good you can start tweaking stuff to be perfect for you. l found that when I needed to stand the bike up faster than it would let me then it was time to adjust my stability down a little more. You can go in increments of 5 or so until you get down to 30-40 then you will probably need to slow down a little bit as it starts getting twitchy. Im now running 18 stability and finally getting to the point where I can put in laps without falling all over the place, it just takes time.
Alfie

Post by Alfie »

Thanks alot for the settings! Really helped out alot!

What i'm having the most problems with now are the jumping. Either my frontwheel going down alot or the rearwheel going down alot. I dont really now how to fix this? I'm getting kinda pissed. To be clear, it's mostly the steep jumps i crash on, the smooth ones are alto easier. Maybe someone got a tip for this? :)

Also i'm riding with automatic shifting now, simply because it was to much to think about in first place. Could please someone tell mee if this is a bad idea :).
Wilson156
Team: AektivCo

Post by Wilson156 »

if you just move your advanced stability to a diferent stability then it will go back to its orginal setting and for suspenison the default is 50 all the way down.
hope that helps you out. :D
Robert Wilson | AektivCo
SMR 510RR

Post by SMR 510RR »

Alfie wrote:Thanks alot for the settings! Really helped out alot!

What i'm having the most problems with now are the jumping. Either my frontwheel going down alot or the rearwheel going down alot. I dont really now how to fix this? I'm getting kinda pissed. To be clear, it's mostly the steep jumps i crash on, the smooth ones are alto easier. Maybe someone got a tip for this? :)

Also i'm riding with automatic shifting now, simply because it was to much to think about in first place. Could please someone tell mee if this is a bad idea :).
You have to just practice...Every jump is different but in general you need to lean back right at the top of the jump, also make sure that you are on the gas when you leave the jump or you will nose dive like no other. Sometimes if you need to go slower off a jump you have to let off before the jump and then gas it on the jump so you dont nose dive. If the rear wheel goes down then just hit the brakes in the air and the front will come back down.

I would recommend riding with manual shifting, its actually easier to control since you can pick your gear and you will be more consistent because you will know what gear you need to be in for each jump/turn etc.

I dont know what you are riding but its easier to learn on the 250f or 250, they are a little more forgiving.
Wilson156 wrote:if you just move your advanced stability to a diferent stability then it will go back to its orginal setting and for suspenison the default is 50 all the way down.
hope that helps you out. :D
I think there are a few in there that dont adjust, I think it was the landing damping/falloff but I could be wrong.