Mx Sim for Mac

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
juicer731

Mx Sim for Mac

Post by juicer731 »

Hey guys, first time posting. Just wondering if there is any way to be able to play mx simulator in my house since all I own are macs. The game looks awesome, played the demo at a friend's house, and it was sick.

Thanks in advance.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Re: Mx Sim for Mac

Post by jlv »

There's no native Mac version, so your only options are dual boot or use Crossover Mac.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
JB323
Team: Privateer Life

Post by JB323 »

^ like hes said, its possible but unless your somewhat knowledgeable its a pain in the ass. Its one of those things you have to watch the videos on how to do it or have someone help you set it up.

The hardest part is running a program to map out a controller.

Privateer Life # 323 Support from Motosport | Race Tech | 180 Decals

http://instagram.com/jbolen323/
KTM880

Post by KTM880 »

Well i found it surprisingly easy to set up crossover and i was 13 when i did it so i don't know why some people think it's so hard.
Controller setup guide.

That's the hard part^
MX181 wrote:one of them bop it toys from when I was a child that taught young girls how not to give a hand job?
toonys66
Team: Privateer

Post by toonys66 »

i have an imac and the easiest is through bootcamp to install windows, and then it s perfect!! it s great on the imac, i don t know about a macbook if it is powerful enough??
KTM880

Post by KTM880 »

I can run a 20 gate sx on low graphics and i use the stock model replacement packs so its actually really good.
MX181 wrote:one of them bop it toys from when I was a child that taught young girls how not to give a hand job?
KTM880

Post by KTM880 »

Surprisingly good*
juicer731

Post by juicer731 »

Thanks guys, I tried crossover before but the guy in the tutorial video had an accent and I couldn't understand some things he was saying. I didnt get the thing about "bottles" either.
KTM880

Post by KTM880 »

The bottles are made when you 'install game data or something it's option one when you open crossover.
An the you use run commands or run installed software to it to run.
toonys66

Post by toonys66 »

Hi, i have an iMac 27 screen, 2,7ghz with à graphic card radeon 6770, 512mo, and it works perfectly for this game.
I Have à friend that want to buy the other and cheaper model, 2,5GHz with a radeon 6750, 512mo, do you think it ll also work well with this iMac or Will it run Much slower and lag a lot? Thanks
For your answer.
Nikhil

Post by Nikhil »

Boot Camp is the best option, it allows you to use analog controls.
motoxnate917

Post by motoxnate917 »

I have a 2008 Macbook 2Ghz Intel Core Duo 8gig ram it runs great on parallels I find it easier than trying to install on an actual mac
toonys66

Post by toonys66 »

thanks for the answer, which graphic card do you have motoxnate? so you didnot install it through bootcamp?
does somebody play it with another mac, like the Imac 21.5 screen with 2.5 ghz with the amd radeon hd 6750m graphic card?? should it be ok with this one?
thanks for the help.
BrutalMX

Post by BrutalMX »

JLV, I know it has been asked before, but is making a native Mac port on the top of your to-do list? I've got a bunch of buddies here at school that play the demo on Parallels/Bootcamp and simply won't buy it because its not native. I think making a Mac version would definitely up your sales a bit, and just being able to say " Windows AND OSX" on the homepage will welcome a whole new breed of people.
Austin Mulhern | Motopixels REV
Image[/a]
[url=http://www.youtube.com/paprod]YouTube Channel

p2sta wrote:since your name is CRF450R you should not worry about kawasaki :lol:
KTM880

Post by KTM880 »

Yeah, it would definitely bring in more people and a wider variety of people to the community.
It's such a hassle on a mac.