help with skins, models, tracks and any downloads

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
LosJames
Team: Privateer

help with skins, models, tracks and any downloads

Post by LosJames »

Hey guys, I'm new here; just purchased the game the other day. I cannot seem to make any downloads work. models, tracks skins whatever. Ive watched a bunch of how to videos and searched around the forums. This is what I am doing...
1. Download the tracks or files from puremxs.
2. Open them with winrar
3. click and drag them to a folder called " MX Simulator Personal Folder " -this folder is located in Users>*myname*>AppData>Local>MX Simulator
4. start mx simulator and nothing.

There is one track that did work however. I noticed that all those files were in a folder that i copied to personal folder.
but when I download bikes they are .saf files and not in folders. I've tried how it is, tried creating a folder and putting them in that. I give up. Please help! I want riding gear and helmets and bikes and graphics on my bikes. Thanks to all for any advice
MX PRODIGY 17
Team: TBR

Re: help with skins, models, tracks and any downloads

Post by MX PRODIGY 17 »

Make sure you are actually extracting the files. Not just opening them in winrar.
LosJames

Post by LosJames »

MX PRODIGY 17 wrote:Make sure you are actually extracting the files. Not just opening them in winrar.
Well when I open with winrar I see individual files so there is no need to extract?
When you do it do you copy all the files (if more than 1) to the personal filer? Or should they be placed in their own folder? Perhaps you could post a link to a bike you know works fine
Fred50
Crushed Dissenter

Post by Fred50 »

LosJames wrote:
MX PRODIGY 17 wrote:Make sure you are actually extracting the files. Not just opening them in winrar.
Well when I open with winrar I see individual files so there is no need to extract?
When you do it do you copy all the files (if more than 1) to the personal filer? Or should they be placed in their own folder? Perhaps you could post a link to a bike you know works fine
u place everything in ur installation folder not personal. u should find it in C:\Program Files(x86) or Program Files\MX Simulator
barrington314
Team: me

Post by barrington314 »

dont listen to noobs
Boblob801
Team: <3 Andy

Post by Boblob801 »

What ever you do dont do what Fred said.

Um well pretty much you seem to be doing it right.
If its a .saf just dump it into your personal folder like your doing, make sure its extracted etc.
If its not a .saf then it will be one folder so just drag drop that, dont open the folder in winrar then drag drop it.
Maybe a few pics will help us understand.
Hi
MotardMatt220

Post by MotardMatt220 »

Get the download up in winrar and highlight the files needed and change the extraction location, I put them to desktop and drag them to personal folder
dylan11
Team: Premix Racing

Post by dylan11 »

barrington314 wrote:dont listen to noobs
hahahahahahhaha :lol:
DJD wrote:Eat shit and die. Moron.
LosJames

Post by LosJames »

I'm going to try and extract to desktop then to personal folder. If no luck I will throw some pictures up after work today
LosJames

Post by LosJames »

omg... I still cant do it. I made riding gear work but thats it. no bikes will work. So, I NEED DETAILED INSTRUCTIONS on what to do. starting from the download, save or run, when it finishes, i open, it auto opens with winrar. The one I just tried was a yamaha pack and its a PSD. file. so here it opens with winrar.. But really i dont know how to extract the files. I extract to desktop, but its the same file as before. then I click, and drag it to MX Simulator Personal Folder. close the window, start MXS, choose bike and nothing is there...WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?
dylan11
Team: Premix Racing

Post by dylan11 »

LosJames wrote:omg... I still cant do it. I made riding gear work but thats it. no bikes will work. So, I NEED DETAILED INSTRUCTIONS on what to do. starting from the download, save or run, when it finishes, i open, it auto opens with winrar. The one I just tried was a yamaha pack and its a PSD. file. so here it opens with winrar.. But really i dont know how to extract the files. I extract to desktop, but its the same file as before. then I click, and drag it to MX Simulator Personal Folder. close the window, start MXS, choose bike and nothing is there...WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?
extract it in folder dont put it onto the desktop and copy and paste it into personal folder and that should work thats what i do and works everytime for me
DJD wrote:Eat shit and die. Moron.
LosJames

Post by LosJames »

Ive tried that to. When I extract it does not do anything. It is the same file. Im gonna throw some pics up of what I do right now
LosJames

Post by LosJames »

OK. Heres some pictures of what I'm doing http://www.flickr.com/photos/72755309@N ... 860489050/ Let me know if the link doesnt work. I cant seem to post them here