Setup help?

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
Griggsy

Setup help?

Post by Griggsy »

Please can one of you faster guys tell me how to set my bike up please. I don't want your exact numbers just a guide.

My front end seems to washout all the time even with stability on 80. Terrible to control at low speed, and I fall off if I don't land a 'perfect jump',.

It's getting really frustrating and I've only had the sim a few days. :cry:

I watch you guys online and you can do stuff my bike just wouldn't put up with.

Also, whats the "secret settings" all about.#

Any help would be great, please help! :)

Griggsy.
Rallemx

Re: Setup help?

Post by Rallemx »

What are your suspension settings right now? Stock works good IMO..
And, its not about the bike, if you're good, you can go fast with any settings..Just ..practice more, yeah I know, just what you wanted to hear, but ..thats it. And..Most people dont touch the "Secret menu" settings.
Just make sure rider mass distribtution is 0.50 and you should be fine :roll:
Griggsy

Post by Griggsy »

Hi, I read and have setup Compression-Front and back=10 Front rebound-75 Rear Rebound-100.

The front end feels very lite, feels like i need a steering damper.

I'll put them back to stock and check back to see what you think.

Many thanks for your help, it means alot! :)

Griggsy
Rallemx

Post by Rallemx »

That seems like a good setup..Keep those settings :wink:
And as for steering damper, there is one, but..Ehm dont touch it its just weird +.+
Griggsy

Post by Griggsy »

Just been running stock and seemed better. Think i'll go back to the harder ones when i get better at riding.

Cheers! :)
Rallemx

Post by Rallemx »

Stick with stock if it feels better :roll:
Only thing you should change as you get better is stability.
DannyBoy

Post by DannyBoy »

nahh man ralle suspension setup is key for some tracks, but really it depends on what the rider likes.. i prefer a softer setup most of the time, but it really just takes time to figure out what setup is right for you
DankeKTM21
Team: Danke KTM

Post by DankeKTM21 »

it deppends of the mass properties you have, o I have a really nice setup i think i can pass whoops & bumps without troubles, ill send you my setup once im on my pc ;)
Kawasakis wrote:Hah yeah, because basketball and football requires just one ball - two balls just only for motocross riders haha
yomo

Post by yomo »

Griggsy wrote: It's getting really frustrating and I've only had the sim a few days. :cry:

2 days! took me at least a month to get over the frustration. :D

I have my suspension pretty well stock... It all comes down to practice.
Also you should try to use a controller of some sort with steering AND THROTTLE analog (IE can be half way not all or nothing)

When you play don't just go balls out and try to jump everything and WHIP! In multiplayer i would say that 80% of people whip way to much and always crash (And it is always the people that cant whip and bring it back ie the new people)
Just try to be slow smooth and precise... it will be better in the long run

Hope it helps
Griggsy

Post by Griggsy »

Yeah, thanks for the advice on the throttle setup. I've only just setup lean forward and backward. This makes a massive difference!

I have a Saitek gamepad with two analog sticks. Maybe have throttle on one and lean forward/back on other. Any advice how to setup game pad wpuld be good. I'll have to learn over again.

Since someone told me online that it's all about 'lean' it put a whole new meaning to the sim. Kinda made sense! :)

Is that setup I have Ralle?

Any numbers for a setup would be much appreciated! :lol:

Griggsy.
yomo

Post by yomo »

Griggsy wrote:Yeah, thanks for the advice on the throttle setup. I've only just setup lean forward and backward. This makes a massive difference!

I have a Saitek gamepad with two analog sticks. Maybe have throttle on one and lean forward/back on other. Any advice how to setup game pad wpuld be good. I'll have to learn over again.

Since someone told me online that it's all about 'lean' it put a whole new meaning to the sim. Kinda made sense! :)

Is that setup I have Ralle?

Any numbers for a setup would be much appreciated! :lol:

Griggsy.
Ok here is what i would do if I were you

1. Set up so that the left analog stick controls steering (left and right as well as lean back and forwards)
2. Set up right stick so forwards is throttle and backwards is braking (braking isnt too important because you can set antilock brakes... just makes sense really, i wish i did but its too hard for me to change habits now ahaha)
3. Set suspension to within close values of stock. (I personally use 60/50 for front and 40/40 for back (in order of compression/rebound) but just make sure it is within values of stock)
4. Gearing I use -2,2 but i only ride super cross so for motocross maybe add 1 or 2 to the back
5. Learn to use 1st person... most fast people (excluding mittocs cos hes just a freak :P use 1st person and it is a Sim so may as well use the "correct view")

As for the rest of your controls i have found it easy to go up and down gears by click in the relevant sticks downwards (ie L3) but again personal preference (oh yeah make sure to do manual shifting... IMO only way to be fast))

As for stability i ride on 19 Ive found that to be absolutely perfect for me... but to start maybe try at 60 and just practice (BTW the bike acts more realistically the lower you go as there isnt these imagination forces trying to hold you up)

Again most important... Practice correctly...
Don't try to whip initially,
Don't try to hit every jump
Don't try to go flat around the corners

What i tried to do initially was start at say 80 stability and do 5 clean laps around X1B (Don't try to do it around hard tracks, i know they look better but if you discipline yourself you'll get better 100 times faster) then when i could do that go down to 70 and do the same. I think i did this until i got to about 30 which took me a fair while. I just stayed there and have only gone down to 19 in the last few weeks as i was trying to push to hard and i couldn't go into the corners fast enough.

Obviously have a go at all the tracks and have some fun whipping, play online etc... but most of the time until you get to say 40 stability just stick to the stock tracks...

Few tips:
1. Try riding with/with out the lean indicator. Seems to help some people ride faster
2. MANUAL SHIFTING IF NOT ALREADY
3. Using controller to control throttle and lean
4. DO NOT OVER USE LEAN BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Probably the biggest thing i see people do is on every single jump (especially SX) is to lean back on every single jump they hit. And almost every time i see them awkwardly leaning to 1 side, nose up in the air, leaning to one side slightly... just looking like a retard :D
There is absolutely no need to lean back on most of the jumps... just control your throttle by letting off the gas before the up ramp and then powering up the entire ramp. The only time i will lean back is on a jump where i have to be 100% throttle up the entire run up and ramp and revving the bike out (IE the bike is making no more power) Only jumps i really do this on is on the rhythm after the big triple on Kawasaki test track. When you triple and then quad and you have to be flat out to make it.
Just watch the A grade races (Mind you i have not watched one this season (too busy :( ) and i am confident that almost all of them do not lean back on jumps)

Honestly initially i think everyone should lean to play with no lean back... Only start to use it when you get fast and you need that little bit of traction when braking or to make that huge rhythm section that you just cant quite get)

Ok i hope that helps some people :D PM if any more questions.
(BTW to anyone wondering why i spent 30 mins writing all of that... my computer just died so i cant play MXS :? )
Griggsy

Post by Griggsy »

Well Yomo, what can I say? Thanks so much for your guide!

I can't say too much 'cause I wanna go try it out!

Many Thanks!

Griggsy. :) :) :)
DannyBoy

Post by DannyBoy »

i actually lean back a lot and yes i'm not the greatest at sx, but i'm learning to control it there
but on the other hand i lean back on a lot of jumps of MX because i feel that it helps me get over some of the bigger, more difficult jumps :/
yomo

Post by yomo »

DannyBoy wrote: i lean back on a lot of jumps of MX because i feel that it helps me get over some of the bigger, more difficult jumps :/
Yeah thats the same here... I only lean back when braking from high speed OR on large jumps... i believe i stated that before :D

Glad to hear it helped... tell me how it goes.
Griggsy

Post by Griggsy »

I tried it out and think manual gears are better. I just coundn't get used to having throttle and brake on the right stick, so I went back to buttons.

Think I'll wait til I get used to the manual gears first, then have another go.

Griggsy