MXS Garage (updated v0.9.0.5 - 1 Sep 2013)

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
Ddavis

Re: MXS Garage (v0.9 - 23 Sep 2012)

Post by Ddavis »

I can't get it to open..
Servatis

Post by Servatis »

that's not much to go on.

What happens when you try to open it?
does it give any errors?
Do you have the required .NET framework version installed?
Are you running it on Windows?
MXS Garage 0.9 download here

---

Everytime you post something, a stupid baby gets punched in the face. Please post, for the smart children.

MXS Cares
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

Servatis wrote:that's not much to go on.

What happens when you try to open it?
does it give any errors?
Do you have the required .NET framework version installed?
Are you running it on Windows?
Just saw the updated link on page 3, giving it a try now.
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

Still the same error, just saying it can't find any files when I choose the .exe
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

Thank you servatis for all the time and effort you've put into developing this app. I hope you get an A!

Bug:
You cannot save a setup if you enter it via; Bike Setup > Add Setup... Skin Setup > Add Setup...
You must go through the overview window to be able to save the setup. This seemed to be the intuitive way for me to add a setup and I could not get it to work until I went through the overview window.

The 3D rendering is not hard as myself and wheels collaborated and did not have much trouble at all with the jm import and 3D preview. You're never on msn though so we can't chit chat. :lol:
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

One more thing that I feel might be a nice addition.

When loading a setup a message box appears saying load successful. Instead of having to click on the message box, how about display that same message (maybe shorter) in one of the corners of the screen or as a tooltip?
Servatis

Post by Servatis »

Ddavis wrote:Still the same error, just saying it can't find any files when I choose the .exe
what files? can you give me the exact message? If you press ctrl+c once the message pops up it will copy it, then you can paste it here.
ddmx wrote:Thank you servatis for all the time and effort you've put into developing this app. I hope you get an A!

Bug:
You cannot save a setup if you enter it via; Bike Setup > Add Setup... Skin Setup > Add Setup...
You must go through the overview window to be able to save the setup. This seemed to be the intuitive way for me to add a setup and I could not get it to work until I went through the overview window.

The 3D rendering is not hard as myself and wheels collaborated and did not have much trouble at all with the jm import and 3D preview. You're never on msn though so we can't chit chat. :lol:
tried adding a setup without going through the overview on my pc and it worked fine. there is a small but that prevents the Save button from being enabled when you select different skins in the skins editor, that can be fixed by changing the name, since the name textbox calls an update on the save button. (I'll have a new version up with some bug fixes when I have time)

I haven't been on MSN for ages :) i'll get on it though.
ddmx wrote:One more thing that I feel might be a nice addition.

When loading a setup a message box appears saying load successful. Instead of having to click on the message box, how about display that same message (maybe shorter) in one of the corners of the screen or as a tooltip?
That's a nice idea and probably will be implemented in a future version.

---

Everytime you post something, a stupid baby gets punched in the face. Please post, for the smart children.

MXS Cares
YzJarne_196

Post by YzJarne_196 »

I can't save suspension setups? and what are the blank screens on the right on when you fill in a setup?
Servatis

Post by Servatis »

Read the tutorial.

---

MXS Cares
Penken
Team: Privateer

Post by Penken »

maybe im just stupid.

but how do you launch the game from the mxs garage?
i want to be able to launch as standard and as editor. maybe im a retard but i will leave that un said.

an easy way to load setups from the old mxs setup app. would be to load it in to game from the mxs s then grab from config in mxs garage.
mxallan15

Post by mxallan15 »

Thank you , this application is very nice , thank's for your work
Servatis

Post by Servatis »

Penken wrote:maybe im just stupid.

but how do you launch the game from the mxs garage?
i want to be able to launch as standard and as editor. maybe im a retard but i will leave that un said.

an easy way to load setups from the old mxs setup app. would be to load it in to game from the mxs s then grab from config in mxs garage.
Servatis wrote: Future features:
  • Save startup options: all the parameter options (--editor, --hidden-pause, etc) can be configured into a setup that you like. you can have multiple setups for many purposes; track editing, taking screenshots, filming, racing. the parameter options have never been easier to use.
ability to setup different startup options and then launching through MXS Garage will be available in the final version.

---

MXS Cares
Servatis

Post by Servatis »

Updated the future features list on the first post.

if you guys can think of any other useful features to add in future versions don't hesitate to share :)

---

MXS Cares
maxxrauh98
Team: privateer

Post by maxxrauh98 »

worked for me. thank you!!
Creiz89
Team: JNR Motorsports

Post by Creiz89 »

Any progress on a next version? It´s already helping a lot, but some of the improvements sounds promising
JNR Motorsports