MXS Garage (updated v0.9.0.5 - 1 Sep 2013)

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
Axionkt

Re: MXS Garage (updated v0.9.0.2 fix - 18 Jan 2013)

Post by Axionkt »

I just noticed something that I didn't notice before because I wasn't changing my stability setup.
Whenever I load the advanced stability from the config file to MXS Garage it works fine with all the info in the right place.
However loading the same info from MXS garage to the config file, the "Max steering force" value is used for obviously "max steering force" but also for "restricted lock angle".
coltsm
Team: Privateer

Post by coltsm »

so overall what do i have to download to get this to work? do i just need the most recent links from january 18th or do i need to download them all from the first post to the last?
Servatis

Post by Servatis »

hey guys.

sorry for the late reaction, i hope this find your way still.
haven't been too active on the MXS front lately so progress has been slow.

Axionkt - I had a look through my code and all the values are set correctly I also tested it on my end and everything worked as intended. I dont know what could be causing your problem.

coltsm - There are 2 links at the bottom of the page. the "MXS Garage" link links to the installer, the next link "update to 0.9.0.2 fix" is installed like youo would install a MXs snapshot. download>unpack>copy to MXS Garage installation folder

On the whole progress of the application:
I can't promise anything right now. I'm working on a lot of things and I haven't worked on this project in quite a while. I still intend to program the additional features at some point, but I don't know when. could be in a couple months could also be a year. I probably won't make any announcments either since trying to plan this thing has bit me in the ass way to many times. You'll know about it when it gets released basically.
MXS Garage 0.9 download here

---

Everytime you post something, a stupid baby gets punched in the face. Please post, for the smart children.

MXS Cares
g-dub
Team: DUBMOTO/EKSBrand.com

Post by g-dub »

is there any way to save points in some of the advanced stab setup. my roll limit is 4.5 but i cant put that into mxs garage, just 4 or 5.
http://www.EKSBRAND.com

Steam Name: G-DUB MX
cloud_2901
Team: Complete newbie

Post by cloud_2901 »

Enter the value with a decimal point in another spot in MXS garage which accepts decimal points, copy / paste into the one which doesn't allow decimals, then fix the other one you used.
Servatis

Post by Servatis »

wow.. that actually works..

The reason it doesnt take decimal points is becuase MXS itself doesn't take decimals on those values. only a few values allow the decimal point since they are low values. thats why i left out the decimal in most values
I don't know why you would want decimals anyway since most of the time it doesn't really make a difference. unless you're entering the decimal on the sprocket setting, which in my opinion is just cheating (if it even works that way in the game).

but if you really want decimals.. there you go. copy paste away :)

---

Everytime you post something, a stupid baby gets punched in the face. Please post, for the smart children.

MXS Cares
Servatis

Post by Servatis »

Update to v0.9.0.5 is up. download it at the bottom of the first post.
If you dont have the 0.9.0.2 update yet you need that one aswell, it contains a neccesary aditional file.

update:
-changed the values of the max dab speed from 5-20 to 5-60 to reflect the changes in the latest snapshot.
-also fixed some minor bugs I found along the way.

---

MXS Cares
jordan21holes
Team: RTO Racing

Re: MXS Garage (updated v0.9.0.5 - 1 Sep 2013)

Post by jordan21holes »

Doesn't let me download 1st download it takes me to mediafire then tells me it is a private file that i cant download
Servatis

Post by Servatis »

yeah, my bad. accidentally set the wrong file to private.. it should work now.

---

MXS Cares
sapelgas431
Team: MadCape

Post by sapelgas431 »

Is this possible to install on a mac?
André Santos
2015 Arenacross Champion | 2015/2016 EMF 450 SX 4th O/A | 2017 rF SX 250E 5th O/A
ty casey
Team: OGP Racing

Post by ty casey »

can some one make a video tutorial i cant even get the 1st step so can someone please post a video
https://www.youtube.com/user/TC132MX
^^Subcribe to my channel^^
BiGnOsE
Team: Privateer

Post by BiGnOsE »

Hi,
I would like to know where is the "Stability" field find in the main "Bike Setup" screen.
Also, it would be nice to have a "Duplicate" option on every Setup. Like creating a new start point and only changing some settings. Would be easy to do using a INSERT SELECT.

Thanks,
BiGnOsE
Servatis

Post by Servatis »

1. the stability setting in MXS doesn't really do anything itself.. it's only there to allow new people to automatically set up the advanced stability settings by changing the value.
once you change the advanced stabilty settings it serves no purpose anymore.

2. you can grab your settings out of MXS. and since i'm assuming you first test setups in MXS before you save them in MXS Garage a duplicate option would become a bit redundant.
a way to do it is; load the setup you want to duplicate and then create a new setup and grab the settings. (load setup puts the setup into the config file, grabbing the setup from MXS grabs the setup directly out of the config file)

---

MXS Cares
bc45

Post by bc45 »

I haven't read through all of the pages, so I am not sure if someone has already mentioned this, but anytime that I am trying to save a "skin" on a 2013 bike, the spot to choose the "skin" doesn't show any skins to choose from, just "default". It seems to do this to all of the 2013 bikes, 2011 and down seem fine though!
| 2nd overall in 2013 Loretta Lynn's 125 and 250 B |8th in 2014 250 West Coast Phoenix Main Event
http://roostmx.net/

Facebook @baileycroommusic

Instagram @baileycroommusic

YouTube @baileycroommusic
motokid499
Team: Phil's

Post by motokid499 »

when i downloaded v0.9.0.1 it didnt have any file in the winrar archive. and you said to update you need to copy both into the MXS Garage folder. where is this? when i right click mxs garage and do open file location there is still no file. just takes me to desktop icon folder. sorry if this is a stupid question. any help? thx
Tanner Rogers