Best computer/laptop with a reasonable price

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
Ddavis

Best computer/laptop with a reasonable price

Post by Ddavis »

I've been saving up for a new bike but my computer has been taking a shit lately. In July, it crashed really bad and it's been slower than normal ever since, but it's working. Lately it's been showing the BSOD (It's a Lenovo Ideapad y560p I believe, not positive on the numbers). I don't know if I want a laptop of a computer, when I go to the races and stuff the laptop is good to bring and be able to upload my photos that night, but when I'm playing the game it can be really inconsistent and laggy, and as of late, crashing with the BSOD. What do you guys recommend? Right now I have around $550.
churchy525
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Decal Works Racing

Re: Best computer/laptop with a reasonable price

Post by churchy525 »

I have a toshiba satalite not sure of numbers but has 4gb of ram. it works great on the js7 on normal graphics. its only around $500. It never done anything bad for me and ive had it for about a year.
MXTrent75287
Crushed Dissenter

Post by MXTrent75287 »

I personally would never buy a laptop. Unless it was some how water cooled and had better batteries then they do today. If you do get one, I would recommend HP. I'm sure everyone has their own person preference. Just don't buy Acer. Only Acer monitors!
FatTree25 wrote:Trent did say it best though.
My Stats | Add me on Steam
barrington314
Team: me

Post by barrington314 »

i would never buy a laptop for the sole purpose of gaming. buy a PC for the gaming. and then get that laptop fixed up for your other uses.
Vellu
Team: IRRG

Post by Vellu »

barrington314 wrote:i would never buy a laptop for the sole purpose of gaming. buy a PC for the gaming. and then get that laptop fixed up for your other uses.
This.
Stability:
jlv wrote: You can do some fairly tame whips with it set to 95, but to really get it sideways you need to set it under 60.
aaronr5
Team: DAM

Post by aaronr5 »

You could also build a desktop you can build a good one for a decent price and always upgrade in the future.
Your_Cabbage

Post by Your_Cabbage »

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Asus+-+Esse ... Id=3237058

this is the exact pc i have and it runs rF events just fine, a new graphics card would be nice but its a damn good base for a computer
Andrew Schettley #519
2012 Limited Decal Fall Series C Class Champion
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

If you're just getting BSODs, you should try cleaning the dust out of it and maybe a fresh format/install of your OS.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by Phathry25 »

Building your own is the way to get the best bang for your buck. All you need is a phillips screwdriver and the skill set to match and plug things into each other.

Keep saving, get gift cards for New Egg, Tiger Direct, w/e for xmas, or have people buy you components for x-mas. You can probably save a bundle by shopping x-mas sales.
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

Black Friday sales too, Newegg does those I think.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
BrutalMX

Post by BrutalMX »

If youre not too keen about actually picking out all the parts yourself, http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboBund ... bo.1080506 This has pretty much everything you need besides a GPU and Windows.

The DIY PC Bundles they have are awesome. I got my FX4100+Radeon6850 setup for about 479$. Everything I needed except Windows 7. Best purchase I've ever made.
Austin Mulhern | Motopixels REV
Image[/a]
[url=http://www.youtube.com/paprod]YouTube Channel

p2sta wrote:since your name is CRF450R you should not worry about kawasaki :lol:
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

yzmxer608 wrote:Black Friday sales too, Newegg does those I think.
They hella do. Saved me about $250 when I bought all my stuff.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
Norcal_51
Team: MotoStar Racing

Post by Norcal_51 »

First thing you should do is re install windows so at least it runs like new again. And then get a graphics card. External if its a laptop.
MrStickers

Post by MrStickers »

Dell Outlets (online) is where I got my pc and its awesome. I just added a $50 graphic card and I've played everything from MXS to BF3 with no problems. Cost me $600 (after the graphics card).
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

Thanks for the feedback. I really would like to keep a laptop, without the problems Lenovo has. I should have my license next week, maybe I can go look at some computers and see what's on the market Atm.