Scrubbing/Whipping

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
jbob23
Team: Privateer

Re: Scrubbing/Whipping

Post by jbob23 »

haha that was pretty sick man. good times. we were chatting a shit load tho. lot of sitting still lol
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

You see the pro when they scrub at the very end the turn the front wheel in well Bubba in SX he dose every scrub really and turngin it in at the end put thm like vertical and then the physics of that but the back wheel in straight. somtimes yo see ricky whip and he do turn the front wheel too early andthen the back wheels ends up goin to the othr side. True Story ...:)
My photography work
www.mikeowenphotographer.com
Vellu
Team: IRRG

Post by Vellu »

Check this whip out.

I've noticed that you get pretty good whips when you lean forward and dab on the face of the jump(edit:of course Garasaki told this on the previous page :oops: ). Also a little tap of rear brake in the air helps to really pull the tail out. Then just bring it back with gas.
One good way to practice whips is to start time trial in for example Overhill. There's the good finish line jump and every time you have hit it once just press B to get back to the beginning, no need to waste time riding back. Of course if you do a killer whip you only have half of it saved to demo :D
Attachments
Velluwhip.mxdemo
Whip @ Red Bud
(146.49 KiB) Downloaded 51 times
norcal_105

Post by norcal_105 »

and scrubbing and whipping depends alot on the setup, persons style ext... i really dont think there is a right or wrong way to it... but if you let go of the gas in the air it trows it huge.. and i use left, right... or right, left off the face to scrub..
Garasaki

Post by Garasaki »

I usually let off the gas during the whip then get back on the gas to help bring the back end back around. When I whip the bike is usually nose low so the gas gyro also helps level it out - but I also land a lot of whips with the back wheel first.

I'm not coordinated enough to really make this work consistantly, but if you turn "in" as described above, and lock the rear brake just before takeoff, you will get absolutely insane whips. I think it takes going from rear wheel lock to panic rev to bring them back though. Like I said, i can't pull this off consistantly - in fact I'd call it rarely.

Pic below - scrub or dead - carving from riders right to left up the face of the jump, turning into the riders right on takeoff, rear brake is locked, it will slide up the jump and continue to the left, while the rider, front wheel, and mass of the bike go to the right. You can sort of envision where this whip ends up (I don't have a screenie handie of it in mid flight, but it was NASTY), although I wasn't able to pull it back around and land (I came pretty close). You have to go from this position, to having the front wheel jerked back to the riders left and be thinking about panic revving, very quickly.

DR.MIZ wrote: Keeping something "secret" so you can be "cool" is not making a flourishing community.
kawirider238

Post by kawirider238 »

So garasaki did you have the antilock for the rear brake off to lock the brakes to slide up the jump?
Garasaki

Post by Garasaki »

I prefer to ride with anti lock off both wheels, as well as prevent wheelies turned off.

This things aren't on my bike in real life so I don't want them in the game. Probably makes me slower but I like it this way.

So to specifically answer your question, obviously yes one needs antilock turned off in order to lock the wheels... :lol:
DR.MIZ wrote: Keeping something "secret" so you can be "cool" is not making a flourishing community.
kawirider238

Post by kawirider238 »

Is there a way you can give me a step by step lesson on what you do to do that scrub?
DJD

Post by DJD »

Go up the face and lean over.....thats all you do..... :wink:
kawirider238

Post by kawirider238 »

Yeah I know how to whip. I want to know how to do those knee dragging scrubs to where I'm almost laying down on the face of the jump
Garasaki

Post by Garasaki »

I posted a step by step process of how to do it with that picture.
yomo

Post by yomo »

PRACTICE!!!!

and just lean earlier with lower stability
but PRACTICE is the answer
kawirider238

Post by kawirider238 »

with lower stability I need a better secret setup. I was on 25 stab and then moved to zero just now. I can barely make a turn.
02RR02
Team: JNR Motorsports

Post by 02RR02 »

practice with that or go for a little higher stability...
But the most inportant thing is that Yomo said PRACTICE, No one of the good scrubbers did big scrubs after allot of practice ;)
norcal_105

Post by norcal_105 »

i like using 0 on my stability and in my secrect menu i use something like 50 for leveling 49 for roll damp 100 for strength and 1000 for force.. works well,