Welcome!

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Welcome!

Post by jlv »

Hello folks and welcome to mxsimulator.com!

MX Simulator is nearly finished, but it's not too late to make changes. Tell me the good, bad and ugly so I can improve it and make this the best motocross game ever.

Thanks for visiting!
-Josh
asdf

Post by asdf »

how much longer till we canplay it
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

Very soon (sometime this week).
??

brake

Post by ?? »

everytime i use the rear brake it throws me to the ground (im using the clutch) how can i fix this
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

If you don't care about losing the ability to brake slide, you can set the rear brake to anti-lock in the bike setup screen. Otherwise, just let off the rear brake for a moment when it starts to slip.

Also, engine braking works in this game. So you can shift down a gear to slow the rear wheel too.
??

Post by ?? »

how do you whip
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

Start to lean while you are on the face of the jump. The momentum will stay with you and continue the lean in the air. Once you are in the air, use the gyro effect from the front wheel to straighten it out before you land. Usually that means steering into the lean somewhere near the peak of the flight and then back near the landing, but it depends on the jump.

You will also want have to have the stability setting (under "Bike Setup") turned pretty far down. You can do some fairly tame whips with it set to 95, but to really get it sideways you need to set it under 60.

Post by Guest »

how i can control the camera?
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

"Tab" cycles through the camera modes. The throttle and brake keys move the camera forward and back. The left, right, upshift and downshift keys aim the camera.

Post by Guest »

ANY WAY TO MAKE THE BIKE CONTROL BETTER
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

Could you be more specific? The only adjustment to change the handling is "Stability" under "Bike Setup". It defaults to 100, which is the most stable but the slowest turning. If it's too sluggish in the corners for you, try turning down the stabilty. If it's too fast/twitchy for you at 100, let me know and I'll try to make something better for the next release.

Post by Guest »

Very good!
But now i want more circuit! :-)

Post by Guest »

it would be nice to have high stability with fast turning but im sure with sum practice ill get it dialed

Post by Guest »

is there any way to make it so with lower stability you dont need to turn the other way to stand the bike up because in real life the bike kind of stands its self up out of corners you dont need to turn the other way out of a corner to be riding straight up and down lol

also is there and forward and leaning back controls
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

Anonymous wrote:Very good!
But now i want more circuit! :-)
I'm working on it! =) I've got a couple more tracks done (including a Red Bud replica). Right now I'm working on a Budds Creek replica but that and Red Bud are probably the only national tracks I'll make. The final game should have at least a dozen tracks.