WHO HERE PLAYS MXSIM ON MAC WITH A XBOX CONTROLLER?

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
GustavoMX930'
Team: 2 good 4 a team

WHO HERE PLAYS MXSIM ON MAC WITH A XBOX CONTROLLER?

Post by GustavoMX930' »

Hey Guys, since the laptop i was used to play mxsim with burned, i had to move my mxsim to a Mac, and as theres none MAC Controller released yet ( I believe ) i decided to make a new topic asking what program do u use to play with the xbox controller, and if you can, your configurations to it, thankss
jlv wrote:
Rush wrote:Why was UID 12235 not banned as well? he was doing the same thing.
Because he didn't come in here and confess like an idiot.
sapelgas431
Team: MadCape

Re: WHO HERE PLAYS MXSIM ON MAC WITH A XBOX CONTROLLER?

Post by sapelgas431 »

How do you install mxsim on a mac ? I've tried everything :( And as I couldn't, I play on a old pc with shitty graphics :(
André Santos
2015 Arenacross Champion | 2015/2016 EMF 450 SX 4th O/A | 2017 rF SX 250E 5th O/A
Scotty226
Team: Crisp Graphics

Post by Scotty226 »

it's easy getting sim working on mac... ive been doing it for a year now. for controllers i only got one today and got it working :) but i can't figure out how to get the controller to 'roll' the throttle on :?
download this driver http://tattiebogle.net/index.php/Projec ... river#toc1
and to assign keys to your controller i use http://www.orderedbytes.com/controllermate/
0 | 1 | 0 | 4
2014 Loretta Lynns 250 Pro Sport 2nd
GustavoMX930'

Post by GustavoMX930' »

Scotty226 wrote:it's easy getting sim working on mac... ive been doing it for a year now. for controllers i only got one today and got it working :) but i can't figure out how to get the controller to 'roll' the throttle on :?
download this driver http://tattiebogle.net/index.php/Projec ... river#toc1
and to assign keys to your controller i use http://www.orderedbytes.com/controllermate/
i just found a easier way. i got win8 for free by my school and boot camped my mac, way easier :P
jlv wrote:
Your_Cabbage

Post by Your_Cabbage »

Just another reason i hate macs
Andrew Schettley #519
2012 Limited Decal Fall Series C Class Champion
Guggen
Team: Privateer

Post by Guggen »

Your_Cabbage wrote:Just another reason i hate macs
You probably have never had one then. So many haters on this forum for the most random stuff. Dont post if you have nothing to contribute.

I use crossover to play and controller mate with a ps3 controller. Like said above the only thing I wish was a rolling throttle that way when you barely pull it, its not max throttle. Aslo for the windows side i have vm ware with windows 7 so i can run it there but i get a weird glitch where the riders are off the bike. Having both windows and mac on the same computer is awesome. The only downside for bootcamp is you can not run both mac and windows at the same time.. vm is just like having another window open.
GustavoMX930'

Post by GustavoMX930' »

Guggen wrote:
You probably have never had one then. So many haters on this forum for the most random stuff. Dont post if you have nothing to contribute.

I use crossover to play and controller mate with a ps3 controller. Like said above the only thing I wish was a rolling throttle that way when you barely pull it, its not max throttle. Aslo for the windows side i have vm ware with windows 7 so i can run it there but i get a weird glitch where the riders are off the bike. Having both windows and mac on the same computer is awesome. The only downside for bootcamp is you can not run both mac and windows at the same time.. vm is just like having another window open.
yep but the vm makes the mxsim runs laggy and waaaaaaaay slower, i use windows more than mac for photoshop and other things so it wont be a problem, whenever i want run it as the OSX, i just need to restart it holding the option button on the keyboard, pretty easy :P
jlv wrote:
Your_Cabbage

Post by Your_Cabbage »

Guggen wrote:

Assuming I've never used a mac? Really? My family has used primarily macs for as long as i can remember (I'm 17 so prolly 2001 ish) I was one of the first people in my family to actually get a pc and they all thought I was stupid, but I firmly believe i made the right choice switching. All i can remember about macs from a long time ago is how slow they were, how little compatibility they had with pretty much any game and their retarded price point. Those 3 things are still true today compared to pc's of the same ish age.

The only reason i'd even slightly consider getting a mac anymore is Final Cut Pro but other then that they're very overpriced for what you get, spec wise. And have a massive following of asshole hipster retards that think they're genius's for buying a 3000 dollar laptop that has a core i5 in it. I can elaborate more if you'd like but I'm lazy, and it's Saturday so i'm going to go riding.

PEACE!
Andrew Schettley #519
2012 Limited Decal Fall Series C Class Champion
Norcal_51
Team: MotoStar Racing

Post by Norcal_51 »

Guggen wrote:

Anyone who uses a computer for more than just searching the Internet know macs are not very capable. And just try upgrading a Mac. In my opinion they are over priced and aren't very useful. Though I do use one for engineering and producing music. But dam they look good :mrgreen:
kawy949

Post by kawy949 »

I'm a mac user for anything work related, design, development and any video editing I need to do and I swear by them for that purpose with 12gb memory and room for another 4, but I still use a pc for gaming although I had the game running smoother on my mac until I got my 660 ti. Just need a new processor now lol.

It's just about the tools for the job and my make blows my pc out of the water for the type of work that I do. Hate all ya want :)
Nikhil

Post by Nikhil »

Use bootcamp. If you use wine and controllermate then you won't get analog controls (it'll be no different from using a keyboard).
Guggen

Post by Guggen »

Norcal_51 wrote:
Guggen wrote:

Anyone who uses a computer for more than just searching the Internet know macs are not very capable. And just try upgrading a Mac. In my opinion they are over priced and aren't very useful. Though I do use one for engineering and producing music. But dam they look good :mrgreen:
ngs

I use mine for many many things. Almost every program I have had on a PC is on my mac. Microsoft word Adobe Premiere Photoshop whatever else you can think of. I also have Windows 7 vm only to run my CNC machine since they dont make drivers for mac. To the "retard" above this comment. My i7 quad core 16 gb ram(upgraded for $70, soo expensive) with a 1gb graphics card. Cost me about 1500$ half your exaggerated price. Did i mention its a laptop and oh oh it has never blue screened once on me. I also dont have a subscription to norton just to make sure my computer doesnt get virus. Damn i forgot that macs suck so bad hmmm. Every time im on mx sim i see someone complaining about their graphics setup. I can run almost every track in the 90 fps and the rf tracks in the 60-70s.
kcrabb23

Post by kcrabb23 »

You know, if you have a ps3 controller you dont have to have controllermate or anything. just hook it up to bluetooth which is super easy, then in game go to controller settings and pick your setup like you would on a keyboard. Way less hassle
jlv wrote:
jlv wrote:I've banned UID 1 for one day. Next time will be a week.
WTF!!!! I barely touched him!!!
dani22

Post by dani22 »

david147p

Post by david147p »

Don't really want to sound like a noob here, but I'm planning on switching and purchasing a Mac. I am currently running a mediocre lap top and its junk for this game. However I havent had any problems using an Xbox controller. So that being said, I cant use it on the Mac? And whats the deal with the rolling throttle, has anyone found a solution for that? Any help would be greatly appreciated.