Information: Yz125 Funding

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
Hi Im Skyqe
Team: wat

Re: Information: Yz125 Funding

Post by Hi Im Skyqe »

KTM57 wrote:I personally have paid for Photoshop and Illustrator more than once over, but I would honestly be scared to sell anything because I bought the student license. I'm pretty sure that you aren't supposed to sell work made with programs bought under student discounts.
This is all I was trying to show. It is very easy to ask for donations and to create a funding process for your hobby however there is lots more to it. If you want to do it great, just make sure you have all your bases covered is my two cents. Those will be Canadian cents for you Americans. :wink:

After reading all of these comments on this new file type to make you guys feel better for releasing your items I do not see this as a fix it is however a band aid. At the end of the day you can give lots of reasons why you want a new file type but really what is it fixing? Sure it is getting rid of the rippers at the present time but first you need to ask yourself why there doing it? The answer to that is the fact that the stuff isn't released to the public and they want it very simply put. Is this right? No. Is this the reality? Yes. When you put this all together, what is going to stop people who have too much time on there hands from making an extractor for this new file type once it is out if the whole exclusivity situation does not change? I am in no way saying that it is right for this to happen but you really need to look at the big picture and see the true issue. All I know is, things used to be quite a bit different around here back in Nam', but there has been a select few modelers who have come along really changed the outlook of releasing work compared to the way it used to be and that is when the ripping really became an issue. I don't have a horse in this here race so you can take my opinion with a grain of salt but this is just how I see it as an outsider.
barrington314
Team: me

Post by barrington314 »

m121c wrote:How hard is it to understand that we are not selling something?

We are also no forced to release them for free or at all for that matter. We're not asking for a hourly rate here, so no we're not getting "paid".

With kickstart you are donating to the creating process and when the goal is met you get a reward in return for donating. That is how it works, you're not paying for a product you are donating towards a process.

We get it, it was a idea that a majority of the community don't like.
So you and Attacker? Or do you have a mouse in your pocket?
Kording
Team: Privateer

Post by Kording »

I think we should realy stop this discussion now. Things are getting repeated and at the end of the day we are all mad.
Tennis, Basketball and Baseball all requires one ball
Motocross requires two!
James_122
Team: Channel 4 News

Post by James_122 »

If you don't like their idea then don't donate. Simple as that. I could care less what happened with all this stuff, because to me its just a game. To them its hours of work, that they will use for a portfolio. Track builders (as far as i know, but some i can see doing this) are not putting their tracks into a professional portfolio that people like Mason will use to seek future work. I can totally see both sides of this argument, but is a couple bucks really going to hurt a few people when it will help these guys out so much? I can only imagine the feeling of getting shit on haha by plenty of people in this community (Track makers and Modelers). You guys are all arguing like these guys are going to be asking for hundreds of dollars. I know that the majority of these people in this thread have donated more for a Teamspeak channel, myself included. To people who hate rippers, you should be thankful that they are trying to find a new system to secure your work. To people who don't mind that people use their models/tracks for any reason, then good on you. But some of these guys are trying to gain work experience through this game, so at least have some respect for that.

LOVE LOVE LOVE
m121c

Post by m121c »

I'll ask this again as nobody has been able to answer me yet: What has not been released and has been kept private that everyone keeps talking about is the reason for all the ripping? I have asked this plenty of times bot oddly I don't get an answer.

August - that's off topic with what this topic is about. Although that first quote seems to counter the second one they are at different ends of the spectrum. A product isn't being sold, they are merely paying for a service.

Barrington - Sure what ever floats your boat.

It's a shame really, the community that helped you get started, is also the same community that makes you want to turn your work away from it. Thats me personally talking, I don't know how the others feel but I do know a lot of creators that are completely sick of this community and have been for awhile. So what happens when the creators we have now just get fed up and leave? Sure there will be awhile till new ones come in, and you still might have a few that stay, but if the community keeps up the way it is, they will eventually feel the same way and stop releasing things. See where I'm going with this? It's not the creators, its the community in a whole. Cold hard truth from my perspective, hate me if you want but that's how I feel. I used to have the same opinion as all of you but obviously now you can all see that has changed due to how this community really is.
Axionkt wrote:Way too many guys to name which is amazing considering the crap they get, whether it's because people don't like what they make or because of ripping their work in progress. I wouldn't be able to stand the ungratitude and would probably keep everything for myself so hats off to you guys!
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

How is a special skin not a product?
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
Boblob801
Team: <3 Andy

Post by Boblob801 »

I can happily say I use Blender and Photoshop (Which I got through school) not the student version but the full, valid for 2 years. Also have the student 3ds max which I don't actually use for much/anything 8)
Hi
afour

Post by afour »

only person i'll donate money to in this community is jlv. by all means try and sell your product, it is after all yours to do with what you want. enjoy spending hours on a product and having 3 people in the community use it.
m121c

Post by m121c »

afour wrote:only person i'll donate money to in this community is jlv. by all means try and sell your product, it is after all yours to do with what you want. enjoy spending hours on a product and having 3 people in the community use it.
You are uninformed and have no idea what this topic is really about. Feel free to look through the thread so you can understand what we are talking about.

August - You are being payed to make something, not getting payed for something that is already made. Its like this: "Hey if I pay you $50 will you make me the so so 2014 gear", its not like "I have this 2014 gear I made, you have to buy it for $5 and you get the template included".

Anyway the money thing isn't happening right now, nor will it happen. No one is charging money for anything yet nor will anyone in the future probably seeing the feedback that has been given.
SMR 510RR

Post by SMR 510RR »

m121c wrote:
afour wrote:only person i'll donate money to in this community is jlv. by all means try and sell your product, it is after all yours to do with what you want. enjoy spending hours on a product and having 3 people in the community use it.
You are uninformed and have no idea what this topic is really about. Feel free to look through the thread so you can understand what we are talking about.

August - You are being payed to make something, not getting payed for something that is already made. Its like this: "Hey if I pay you $50 will you make me the so so 2014 gear", its not like "I have this 2014 gear I made, you have to buy it for $5 and you get the template included".

Anyway the money thing isn't happening right now, nor will it happen. No one is charging money for anything yet nor will anyone in the future probably seeing the feedback that has been given.
So if I was a hole digger that was being paid by the hour I could steal the shovel from Home Depot but if I dug a hole in your yard and then asked you to pay for it I would have to pay for the shovel? What you are saying makes no sense.

Here is where everything is getting screwed up. If someone pays for a custom skin I do think there should be a reliable way to keep it theirs, unfortunately since the game has to read the file there is likely no way it will every be truly secure unless the skinner and the person paying for the skin keep it to themselves. Everyone should probably think about this before making a custom skin or paying someone to make them one unless they want to share it. Now for a model, in all reality to be able to really use it there needs to be a template. A simple wireframe would do but then the modelers are guaranteed that their models will end up looking like poo. If they would release a basic template of a stock bike then I feel like people can do their graphics without much trouble and the model should still look right. Even if all the parts like the engine, the frame and everything is one layer and then some minor things are customizeable that would work. You may not like the graphics that they put on their bike but as long as the shape of the bike and the major components look right does it really matter? As far as I can tell .jm is secure so your model is safe.

Now onto the money issue. If someone asks you to make them something (a skin, a bike, a rider, a track object, etc) and you ask to be compensated that is great, make a deal with them and work it out. Now if you just model something up for the community and ask the community to pay a certain amount and some people pay and some dont but everyone gets it...Well that simply makes no sense.

Also, without released templates this community would be nothing but 3 guys working on their own projects. All you skinners, before you try and hold your work for ransom remember than the model you are skinning had a template released. Modelers, remember that without one of the older bikes there to line your bike up with to export you would be banging your head against a wall for hours trying to get it in game. The whole reason why the community works is because it is a community, not DLC. How are new people going to become a part of the community if everything is on lock down? Why would they want to get involved if all the other creators are getting paid and they will not? At what point is someones work worthy of getting paid? Will we vote as a community?

There are lots of talented people on here who have worked hard to develop and hone their skills. That is why it is enjoyable for me to be a part of the community, rather than ostracizing newer and non producing members of the community why not write a tutorial and get them going? There are a lot of nuances to making a model for this game (bikes, track objects, anything really) and I am still learning but if people start getting paid I will probably look for something else to put my time towards and I bet a lot of people would do the same.
dani22

Post by dani22 »

SMR 510RR wrote:
m121c wrote:
The whole reason why the community works is because it is a community, not DLC. How are new people going to become a part of the community if everything is on lock down? Why would they want to get involved if all the other creators are getting paid and they will not?
I totally agree with this bud.
Stormz

Post by Stormz »

m121c wrote:I'll ask this again as nobody has been able to answer me yet: What has not been released and has been kept private that everyone keeps talking about is the reason for all the ripping?
The New RMZ template (unless I missed it)
and
Andy's KXF

Just 2 that pop off instantly off the top of my head. If I wanted, I could look around and probably find more.

SMR 510RR wrote:Now onto the money issue. If someone asks you to make them something (a skin, a bike, a rider, a track object, etc) and you ask to be compensated that is great, make a deal with them and work it out. Now if you just model something up for the community and ask the community to pay a certain amount and some people pay and some dont but everyone gets it...Well that simply makes no sense.

Also, without released templates this community would be nothing but 3 guys working on their own projects. All you skinners, before you try and hold your work for ransom remember than the model you are skinning had a template released. Modelers, remember that without one of the older bikes there to line your bike up with to export you would be banging your head against a wall for hours trying to get it in game. The whole reason why the community works is because it is a community, not DLC. How are new people going to become a part of the community if everything is on lock down? Why would they want to get involved if all the other creators are getting paid and they will not? At what point is someones work worthy of getting paid? Will we vote as a community?
Dead nuts.

DJ99X, Checkerz, Haggq, Gio, Barrington, and a large amount of others have never asked for funding, or anything in terms of monetary donation. They do it for the love of the game, community, and to make this place that much better.

In fact, I know Chex doesn't saf most of his stuff for the sole reason that people CAN use his stuff, as long as he is credited.

Also, I have a portfolio, and I'm still expanding it, for architecture, 99.999999% of the time, you don't get paid for the items that go into it. That stuff shows what you're capable of and is usually done at your expense and on your own time.

I may sound ungrateful, but I'm just attempting to show you that what you want doesn't always pan out.

Lastly, if someone comes to you and offers your a donation in exchange, as SMR mentioned at the beginning of my quote, then that's all good. I haven't a problem with that at all.
Boblob801

Post by Boblob801 »

Stormz wrote:
m121c wrote:I'll ask this again as nobody has been able to answer me yet: What has not been released and has been kept private that everyone keeps talking about is the reason for all the ripping?
and
Andy's KXF

Just 2 that pop off instantly off the top of my head. If I wanted, I could look around and probably find more.
Welp the RMZ template was released and the Kxf isn't finished, there still doing the skins for the public release. No need to bag on people for making slow progress :roll:
Hi
James_122
Team: Channel 4 News

Post by James_122 »

In eating popcorn. I looovvvveeee popcorn.
Boblob801

Post by Boblob801 »

Boblob801 wrote:
Stormz wrote:
and
Andy's KXF

Welp the RMZ template was released and the Kxf isn't finished, they're still doing the skins for the public release. No need to bag on people for making slow progress :roll:
Just encase.
Hi