Whips, front tire washing out... some pointers?

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
MXicon

Whips, front tire washing out... some pointers?

Post by MXicon »

I just bought the full version last night. I'm having fun, it's definitely challenging, and way more rewarding than any other MX game I've played.

A few things though... the front tire washes out a lot. Like, every few turns. And most of the time, if it doesn't wash out, I slide a little then high side. What is everyone doing to keep the bike tracking decently into and out of the turns? Clutch, sitting down, braking... any tips?

Also, I can get some decent whips, but not near as good as some of the pictures I'm seeing. Are you guys dragging the brake some off the lip, or using brakes or throttle in the air? Also, any methods for bringing them back, other than leaning out of it?

I'm sure both things will become easier once we can lean forward and back (BTW, any estimated times when this will be added?), but I've seen plenty of videos of people handling it fine right now.
MXicon

Re: Whips, front tire washing out... some pointers?

Post by MXicon »

Sorry for the double post, but another thing I wanted to know. Why sometimes when I'm trying to pull out from a dead stop do I seem to get hung up on something? Anyone else notice this, or know why? Thanks.
Joe
Team: MXSP

Post by Joe »

hey umm for your front tire washing out in turns its all practice turn your front break to antilock and dont jam the brakes on tab the button and sit down and down shift and when it starts to wash out steer against it a little and pin it

as for your whips what is your stability try running 30 or bellow you should be doin some sick whips then

to come back from a whip keep the throttle on wide open and just lean into the whip a little bit and let go
that should work
i dont know about your last question sorry

Joe
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

For the turns, in addition to Pinhead's tips, watch the camber of the ground carefully. It makes a huge difference in how hard you can turn without sliding.

As for a timeline on the better rider motion, I was planning on doing ghost racing and some graphics improvements first so it depends on how easily that goes.
MXicon

Post by MXicon »

Sounds good, graphical improvements and ghost racing would both be nice imho.

I'll try some stuff... sounds like I just need practice. And yeah, the off cambers kill me.
frederick
Team: Adept

Post by frederick »

Sitting down in the corners helps
BoNalls

Post by BoNalls »

I use an xbox 360 controller....

This means i have both the anolog sticks and the anolog triggers to use.

I steer with my left stick, control throttle with my right stick. I use the left trigger for the Sit function and the right trigger for the rear brake.

This allows me to modulate the brake force for each brake as i would in real life.

The sit function certainly increases stability in nearly all cases. However, under braking, you'll want to sit up against the tank. Your body acts as a sort of parachute and helps you stop quicker (atleast, this is how it happens in real life).

Camber certainly plays a big part in your front tire washing out. Physically, your tires have a certain amount of sideways grip on flat, even ground. By changing the camber of the track, you are effectively moving the slip point in the direction of the camber. In all cases, turning into a negative camber (with respect to the direction of gravity) turn, you will be limited to how fast you can turn without slipping. On a positive camber turn, one which has a berm or is banked, your slip point is rotated in your favor, so you can lean much farther into the turn without the tires slipping.