2013 MotoOption Track Contest hosted by rF Gaming

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
rafagas

Re: 2013 MotoOption Track Contest hosted by rF Gaming

Post by rafagas »

Everybody's finishing their tracks?? I don't even have the layout yet, but there are three weeks left... Agueda and bastogne were done in a week lol
Kording
Team: Privateer

Post by Kording »

both of them or a week each ? I would be even more impress if you tell me you made both tracks in one week :D
Tennis, Basketball and Baseball all requires one ball
Motocross requires two!
rafagas

Post by rafagas »

A week each. We are not machines haha
Stormz

Post by Stormz »

rafagas wrote:A week each. We are not machines haha
I am not so sure about that...
MX181

Post by MX181 »

can we make it so everyone has to name there track "2013 MotoOption Track Contest hosted by rF Gaming - (Track Name)"
TH_722

Post by TH_722 »

How about something shorter
JT43
Crushed Dissenter
Team: MotardMatt220

Post by JT43 »

MX181 wrote:can we make it so everyone has to name there track "2013 MotoOption Track Contest hosted by rF Gaming - (Track Name)"
I think 2013 MotoOption rF TC -(track name)
would do
TC meaning Track Contest/Competition
jlv wrote: Motardmatt220 is a crock of shit
KTM57 wrote: August is 13 years old and thinks he's hot shit because he's a lot younger than everyone else
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

Updated the rules
• All tracks should follow this naming convention in their Desc file. (MotoOption TC) trackname. Please include the parenthesis, no space in MotoOption, space, TC, parenthesis, space your track name (may include spaces as desired). Your folder name should reference your track name (for ease of organization), but may be named however you'd like.
wheels1758

Post by wheels1758 »

checkerz wrote:Updated the rules
• All tracks should follow this naming convention in their Desc file. (MotoOption TC) trackname. Please include the parenthesis, no space in MotoOption, space, TC, parenthesis, space your track name (may include spaces as desired). Your folder name should reference your track name (for ease of organization), but may be named however you'd like.
Anything regarding 'Tracks shall not reference other tracks or object packs' ? If you need an object, ask for it or include the object saf within your track folder?
checkerz

Post by checkerz »

wheels1758 wrote:
Anything regarding 'Tracks shall not reference other tracks or object packs' ? If you need an object, ask for it or include the object saf within your track folder?
I thought I had already put something in there, but it might have been lost when I pulled out the "publicly released objects" rule.

New Rule added
• All objects, decals, skyboxes, or any other assets must be included in your track folder and referenced from your track folder. Tracks are not allowed to reference other tracks or object packs. If your track causes a server error "client track modified" you will be disqualified. If your decals or skybox, or other item is referenced that doesn't cause a server error, you may be judged without those items present. JUDGES WILL NOT DOWNLOAD ANY ADDITIONAL TRACKS OR OBJECT PACKS.
Jamie T

Post by Jamie T »

checkerz wrote: All objects, decals, skyboxes, or any other assets must be included in your track folder and referenced from your track folder. Tracks are not allowed to reference other tracks or object packs.
Does this include the Necessary Object Packs? >> http://forum.mxsimulator.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1131
I'm assuming that as they're "Necessary", everyone is expected to have downloaded them anyway, so are those ok to reference without having to include the contents in the track folder?

Also, the new scrambled file format has been released since the announcement of the competition, will there be any rules regarding that? I know that SAFing the track is banned, but for example, is it acceptable to scramble an indiviual element (eg. a texture) whilst still maintaining a folder format?
mxchild
Team: Batman motorsport

Post by mxchild »

Jamie T wrote:
checkerz wrote: All objects, decals, skyboxes, or any other assets must be included in your track folder and referenced from your track folder. Tracks are not allowed to reference other tracks or object packs.
Does this include the Necessary Object Packs? >> http://forum.mxsimulator.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1131
I'm assuming that as they're "Necessary", everyone is expected to have downloaded them anyway, so are those ok to reference without having to include the contents in the track folder?

Also, the new scrambled file format has been released since the announcement of the competition, will there be any rules regarding that? I know that SAFing the track is banned, but for example, is it acceptable to scramble an indiviual element (eg. a texture) whilst still maintaining a folder format?
you are a total troll if you go to these lengths of prtecting your stuff
Jamie T

Post by Jamie T »

mxchild wrote: you are a total troll if you go to these lengths of prtecting your stuff
Care to explain your reasoning behind that statement?

The way I see it, everything is still re-usable by another creator, because everything is still laid out in a folder format. Other creators can see the structure of how the track and those assets are put together. The scrambled assets are free to be taken out, and used by the community as is intended by the no-SAFing rule. The only difference is, the assets are not re-editable.
DJD

Post by DJD »

MXJProductions wrote:You should do one last hoorah...
checkerz

Post by checkerz »

Jamie T wrote:

I'm open to discussion about the necessary objects packs.

.scram files will not be accepted. I will update the rules shortly with that.