Board updated to phpbb 3.0.5

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Board updated to phpbb 3.0.5

Post by jlv »

I just made some changes to the board -

- The board is now upgraded to phpBB 3.0.5
- I've updated the style to match the rest of the site better. You'll probably have to reload the page to get the updated style sheets.
- I've added advertisements to the board. I know this sucks, but if the ads generate a decent amount of revenue I think you'll like what I have planned for it.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
DJ99X

Re: Board updated to phpbb 3.0.5

Post by DJ99X »

OK, you did change its style. If its not appearing for anyone else, press CTRL+F5

Some of the blue looks a little out of place though.

Me likes the sounds of a plan :D
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

Just testing the new embedded flash thingy...

Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

Heh, I tried to do a youtube link before, wasn't working for me

Hey, it works. Sweet as!

Haha, I just watched your video, that was good editing, especially the collision bit. Great song also.

Lol, Vellu headbutting the pole at the end. Pretty good wheelie though mate
Kawasakis

Post by Kawasakis »

Looks really cool,i like videos embedded flash thingy.And the forum looks modern,but i dont like advertisements in some topics under posts.

What link of my video should i add to work videos?
MXS Cup Winner
AX MX2 Champion

DJD

Post by DJD »

I wish i had more hands......cause i'd give the new forum six thumbs up! :)

Looks sexy. eccept for the google ad i just got for spark plugs.....buts its all good, for a good cause.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

[quote="jlv"]Just testing the new embedded flash thingy..,

Great video, that was just from onlone yeh? i didnt think you donwload skins lol ohhhhhhhhhhh now we can play youtube!!!
My photography work
www.mikeowenphotographer.com
Kawasakis

Post by Kawasakis »

Its not JLV's video,its Vellu's
MXS Cup Winner
AX MX2 Champion

yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

Finally! Site looks pretty cool. I've been waiting for video embed since the first time I posted here :). I really don't like the ads though, that's one thing I always like about this site before, no random ads by peoples signatures. But if it's for a good cause, what is the cause anyhoo?
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
Vellu
Team: IRRG

Post by Vellu »

Nice update. For me the ads don't really matter, and if if jlv has something big coming up it matters even less. Also the youtube embedding is a big plus.

Ps. Thanks for the vid comments.
Stability:
jlv wrote: You can do some fairly tame whips with it set to 95, but to really get it sideways you need to set it under 60.
Voutare
Team: Privateer

Post by Voutare »

Is it possible to just throw all the adds at the bottom? That'd be nicer for me and the rest of the forumites.
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

That would be a good idea. They are just ugly and take up space now, I know I have never clicked an ad at any forum I ever go to. Wouldn't be as bad if they are all just stuck at the bottom though.

Here's just a suggestion. I think the forum would look cool if the white background was black, then all of the black banners ect would have a light gray border on them to offset themselves. I always liked the look of dark themes and sites for some reason.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

I tried a black background at first. Then I realised the same styles are used for the content and background, which means I'd have to split up the styles for each one. I took the lazy route and just used a light background.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
RaNDoM HeRO
Team: Privateer

Post by RaNDoM HeRO »

[quote="jlv"][/quote]

what the heck, why does his bike grip so good? look at 40.. his pegs are scraping the ground and he's still goin. i barely lean and my bike washes out.. is there some secret? witch craft perhaps? haha
yomo

Post by yomo »

I personally don't mind the advertising at all!

As for the "depending on how much revenue they make" does that depend on the amount of times they are clicked on? Or is it based of them just being there?

Also would you mind leaking a bit of infomation on the possible use of that money? Im sure people will be happier to have them if they get excited! :D