2013-08-27 snapshot

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
Yamaha285
Team: MotoStar Racing

Re: 2013-08-27 snapshot

Post by Yamaha285 »

This snapshot has truly changed the game for me. I really enjoy this game again. I still need to fine tune things but i feel so much more stable than i use to be. Thanks Josh i cant wait to see whats next.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

AWood wrote:I noticed alot when i was halfway stood up, or sideways on a hill, i try to take off and he falls over easier now. like he cant support himself. Any idea what to change to get the old feeling back?

Like if youre not perpendicular to the ground you cant ride away.
That's the same thing YZ noticed. I have a fix for it but I want to work on it some more.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
AWood
Team: Who Knows...

Post by AWood »

jlv wrote:
AWood wrote:I noticed alot when i was halfway stood up, or sideways on a hill, i try to take off and he falls over easier now. like he cant support himself. Any idea what to change to get the old feeling back?

Like if youre not perpendicular to the ground you cant ride away.
That's the same thing YZ noticed. I have a fix for it but I want to work on it some more.
Ok thank you. In SX that would be he'll because if you're at a 60 degree angle from the track on an incline, it's almost impossible to get up. At first I thought it was supposed to stop people from pinning it sideways across the track getting up, but yeah when you try to get up he falls over. Thanks for noticing/working on a fix.
barrington314 wrote:awood is right
Leclair wrote:My name is barking
Leclair wrote:i fuck you
2014 rF GNC 22nd Overall - 2014 rF 450 SX 12th - 2014 rF 450 MX 11th Overall
2013 rF GNC 17th Overall - 2013 rF 450 SX 17th - 2013 rF 450 MX 8th - 2013 EMF French Cup Open World 6th
Vellu
Team: IRRG

Post by Vellu »

Shadow wrote:there's a separate setting for auto-rotating now.
YzJarne_196 wrote:Set "realign after fall" to NO.
Thanks!
Stability:
jlv wrote: You can do some fairly tame whips with it set to 95, but to really get it sideways you need to set it under 60.
suzukiozark
Team: Privateer

Post by suzukiozark »

Great snapshot!

I need help though, I can't connect online through the server page once I install a new snapshot. I also can't connect ever through the game, it just says "contacting server" over and over and doesn't connect. I am sure I don't have any mistakes in the server name. Anyone know why it does this?

Thanks
2009 Yamaha YZ250F - Yoshimura RS-4
YzJarne_196

Post by YzJarne_196 »

suzukiozark wrote:Great snapshot!

I need help though, I can't connect online through the server page once I install a new snapshot. I also can't connect ever through the game, it just says "contacting server" over and over and doesn't connect. I am sure I don't have any mistakes in the server name. Anyone know why it does this?

Thanks
You have to allow the mx.exe application to use internet.
suzukiozark

Post by suzukiozark »

Thanks, but I just figured it out :)
2009 Yamaha YZ250F - Yoshimura RS-4
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

It feels really weird that my rider is squatting in the air. Maybe I just need to bring down my max dab speed, but I keep endoing and getting offset in the air. I would love if I could sit in the air without dabbing with dab when stopped enabled.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
Calen76

Post by Calen76 »

I dont know why but once i click "run" (using windows btw) it says can not find game data?!?! Please help
Skywritings

Post by Skywritings »

YzJarne_196 wrote:

Thanks

same thing happened to me.. How do i allow the application to use the internet? thanks
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

KTM57 wrote:It feels really weird that my rider is squatting in the air. Maybe I just need to bring down my max dab speed, but I keep endoing and getting offset in the air. I would love if I could sit in the air without dabbing with dab when stopped enabled.
You're right, the rider is pretty much sitting all the time with the dab speed turned up. I can't believe I forgot about that. Going to take some thought about what the right thing to do is.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
patrickadizzle

Post by patrickadizzle »

WOW. I have been chasing my 125 setup for a couple weeks and this.. this made it so much easier to fix.

I love it. Incredibly noticeable. I have it at 44 right now and that is perfect for my setup. Full 60 MPH can get hairy.

Thank you JLV.
Accomplishments: Nothing, but i almost win all races in 00, 01, 02, 03
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

jlv wrote:
KTM57 wrote:It feels really weird that my rider is squatting in the air. Maybe I just need to bring down my max dab speed, but I keep endoing and getting offset in the air. I would love if I could sit in the air without dabbing with dab when stopped enabled.
You're right, the rider is pretty much sitting all the time with the dab speed turned up. I can't believe I forgot about that. Going to take some thought about what the right thing to do is.
It's not really an issue, because I don't necessarily need to run it all the way up, but it will definitely screw with you if you do a big SX jump coming slowly out of a corner.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

Skywritings wrote:
YzJarne_196 wrote:

Thanks

same thing happened to me.. How do i allow the application to use the internet? thanks
jlv wrote:Replace mx.exe or mxbin with one of the above files. The default location for mx.exe should be "C:\Program Files\MX Simulator". I'd keep a backup of the originals since these aren't well tested.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
YaRdApe

Post by YaRdApe »

jlv wrote:

I noticed that, while in the air, if you hit the gas he straightens his legs a bit. At least, it seems that way on my screen. So I just make sure I'm landing on the gas to make sure he using his legs. I really like this new snapshot, with the exception of the getting up difficulties. The sit/dab speed makes it way more realistic to me anyways... but then again I am a lazy Vet rider who sits most of the time now anyway ;)