New Computer

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
DBRider251
Team: Elevated Motorsports

New Computer

Post by DBRider251 »

Hey guys. I'm fairly new to MX Sim, and i was wondering if this is a good one for the game. Sorry for being a n00b. :shock:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications ... CatId=2628
TeamHavocRacing wrote:it's all the liberals fault
iNoScope

Re: New Computer

Post by iNoScope »

It's a Dell...
motokid499
Team: Phil's

Post by motokid499 »

iNoScope wrote:It's a Dell...
you're helpful.
Tanner Rogers
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

Depending on what you are looking for. In all honesty that was designed and built to run Microsoft Office so no it isn't 'good' if you are buying it for a computer game. It will run the game however but that is only if you play stock everything, ie most of everything that the community makes for the game you will not be able to use like tracks and models. Dell/Alienware also isn't the best company to run to for games.

Motokid, you telling him he isn't helping isn't helping either. iNoScope, you were hurt when we didn't hold your hand and show you how to make a render, you can't be that guy two seconds later.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
SEAL5327
Crushed Dissenter

Post by SEAL5327 »

Stormz wrote:I am the forum asshole, and I approve this thread.

Chargers blow.
DBRider251

Post by DBRider251 »

Pumaxcs wrote:Depending on what you are looking for. In all honesty that was designed and built to run Microsoft Office so no it isn't 'good' if you are buying it for a computer game. It will run the game however but that is only if you play stock everything, ie most of everything that the community makes for the game you will not be able to use like tracks and models. Dell/Alienware also isn't the best company to run to for games.

Motokid, you telling him he isn't helping isn't helping either. iNoScope, you were hurt when we didn't hold your hand and show you how to make a render, you can't be that guy two seconds later.
Ok. Thanks for the help. By any chance could you recommend one?
MotardMatt220
Team: Privateer

Post by MotardMatt220 »

iNoScope wrote:It's Adele...

iNoScope

Post by iNoScope »

MotardMatt220 wrote:
iNoScope wrote:It's Adele...

Haha
Pumaxcs

Post by Pumaxcs »

DBRider251 wrote:
Pumaxcs wrote:Depending on what you are looking for. In all honesty that was designed and built to run Microsoft Office so no it isn't 'good' if you are buying it for a computer game. It will run the game however but that is only if you play stock everything, ie most of everything that the community makes for the game you will not be able to use like tracks and models. Dell/Alienware also isn't the best company to run to for games.

If you are American or Canadian I would use iBuypower or Cyberpower for a gaming rig that's completely prebuilt. Granted building one on your own would be cheaper but if you don't want I would go that route through them. Since it seems like your budget is kind of low I would go with...

Cheap case
AMD FX or A series
AMD Radeon 7 series
8GB RAM
1TB/500GB harddrive
500watt Power supply
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
pinit24/7#12

Post by pinit24/7#12 »

Pumaxcs wrote:
If you are American or Canadian I would use iBuypower or Cyberpower for a gaming rig that's completely prebuilt. Granted building one on your own would be cheaper but if you don't want I would go that route through them. Since it seems like your budget is kind of low I would go with...

Cheap case
AMD FX or A series
AMD Radeon 7000 series/Gtx 500 series/Gtx 650 ti Boost 2gb
8GB RAM
1TB/500GB harddrive
500watt Power supply
Nick Pleshek #132
KTM57 wrote:Brady's just mad because his mom is a planet and she regularly gets annihilated.
i7 3770k | XFX R9 290 Black Edition | Mushkin 8gb 2133 | Corsair C70 Military Green
DBRider251

Post by DBRider251 »

Pumaxcs wrote:
DBRider251 wrote:

Cheap case
AMD FX or A series
AMD Radeon 7 series
8GB RAM
1TB/500GB harddrive
500watt Power supply
Thanks
Pumaxcs

Post by Pumaxcs »

I looked and the A series GPU is much quicker than the FX series but, you get what you pay for. The A series is a CPU/GPU all in one or in other words has both the Processor and Video Card all under the same chip, I think with the water cooler and in push/pull setup for the fans the A10 might actually perform nicely. Performance would be better with the FX series and a video card as separate things but that means about $100-150 more, the gain is there but you have to look at your budget. Also, not buying top of the line stuff now means that you are already behind. Granted, its not expensive to get a good computer just know that you are most likely buying the lowest tier new stuff or some mid level old stuff when you go cheap.
MXS Cares