Windows Surface

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
Cummings55
Team: RFORCE8

Windows Surface

Post by Cummings55 »

Hey guys, after looking up the specs and features of the windows surface tablet/ laptop, do you think it would be possible to run Mx simulator on this? I'm not buying a tablet but I've always been curious to see if it would run it.
Robert196

Re: Windows Surface

Post by Robert196 »

I have too. I haven't looked at the spec's but my dad has a surface. I might try it and see how it works.
| 2013 MotoOption Supercross 250 Eastside Champion | #turnbarcrew |
Cummings55

Post by Cummings55 »

Yeah I have always wondered if it worked. I don't see why not because it allows you to download and run files like a regular PC.
Robert196

Post by Robert196 »

Cummings55 wrote:Yeah I have always wondered if it worked. I don't see why not because it allows you to download and run files like a regular PC.
I know it would work just its a matter of how bad you would lag.
| 2013 MotoOption Supercross 250 Eastside Champion | #turnbarcrew |
Cummings55

Post by Cummings55 »

Oh that's true. I know some of them have an I-5 processor but would the graphics card be strong enough.
Braders756
Crushed Dissenter

Post by Braders756 »

I doubt it would be playable if it worked.
Cummings55

Post by Cummings55 »

That's what I would think. I just wondered if it would work.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

No guarantees, but from what I can tell it won't work on a Surface RT or Surface 2. The Surface Pro or Pro 2 sound like they should work. This is just based on reading their specs. I haven't actually tested either one.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Cummings55

Post by Cummings55 »

Yeah if you were to try it you would definitely want to on the high end ones.
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

I thought it would be because of the OS, or do both Surface/Surface Pro run 64-bit? I'm sure the extra RAM wouldn't hurt either with the Pro
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Surface RT and Surface 2 are ARM / Windows RT, neither of which is compatible with normal PC software. Surface Pro and Pro2 are x86 / Windows 8 so I assume they can run PC software.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Cummings55

Post by Cummings55 »

I just read in article that stated that a laptop with almost exactly comparable specs to the surface pro 2 ran games like sky rim and need for speed at 30 FPS on low detail settings.
Pumaxcs

Post by Pumaxcs »

jlv wrote:Surface RT and Surface 2 are ARM / Windows RT, neither of which is compatible with normal PC software. Surface Pro and Pro2 are x86 / Windows 8 so I assume they can run PC software.
Thats right, I remember now Apple only just released the first mobile 64bit processor.That makes sense now.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
Pumaxcs

Post by Pumaxcs »

jlv wrote:Surface RT and Surface 2 are ARM / Windows RT, neither of which is compatible with normal PC software. Surface Pro and Pro2 are x86 / Windows 8 so I assume they can run PC software.
Thats right, I remember now Apple only just released the first mobile 64bit processor.That makes sense now.
MXS Cares
cpt_Slow
Team: Privateer

Post by cpt_Slow »

I've given it a quick go on my Surface PRO by just copying across the key files and folders but I've not managed to get it working yet. It's almost certainly something I'm doing wrong since I've not come across a program that hasn't worked on it yet; it's essentially a windows 8 laptop. If I can find my installer buried somewhere it might work although I'm sure I just copied across the files for my old laptop and it worked. One thing to bear in mind though, a 128GB HDD fills up mighty quickly if you start installing games. I've tried to keep mine stripped down to essential work programs only.