2009-07-15 snapshot

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
Jones221
Team: Trump

Re: 2009-07-15 snapshot

Post by Jones221 »

why did you quote that and not say anything??????
only one to win something real from the game!
mxdude891

Post by mxdude891 »

mxdude891 wrote:
ShackAttack12 wrote:Myself, as well as others who have spent countless hours practicing, riding, racing etc, dont have much of a problem controlling the bike. I can pick anywhere on the track and point at it and hit it. I can come out of a berm pointed exactly in the direction i want to be.

mxdude, you need to PRACTICE.

MX Simulator: pretend you are 2 yrs old, JLV is your daddy trying to teach you how to ride a dirtbike. Now go. If you fall, get your ass back up and try again, but try not to fall again. And quit whining 8)

In real life, if you are going faster than 10-15mph, you turn the handlebars LEFT to turn the bike RIGHT. There is no arguing this what so ever.Its called countersteering. Its the physics of motorcycles. The reason MXS has "REVERSED STEERING" is because you are actually controlling the handlebars like you do in real life, not just controlling the bike+rider unit like in other crappy mx games (cough). And in MXS, most of your riding is over 10-15 mph, so its better to have reversed steering. If you dont like it, you can turn reversed steering off...... but have fun with that!
well in real life when you want to turn a certain way you turn that certain way just like i was saying and since this game has reversed steering when you go around a turn with bumps its practically impossible to do so because you bike turns the other then you flip which is what pisses me off
also i just found out when you gas it when you are leaned over far enough you guys front end turns way to far causing you to slip out instead of in real life when you keep riding with out slidding out
pressed submit to early
Jones221

Post by Jones221 »

practice
mxdude891

Post by mxdude891 »

i would its just that when i do all this stuff that im talking happens and it pisses me off so much that i just stop playing
Jones221

Post by Jones221 »

Its all in your head hahah. Not really. Just ride like you would when racing.
ShackAttack12

Post by ShackAttack12 »

totorox wrote:I think It's not totally true, roll with "reversed steering" is the method which is used by lightweights pilots to make their bike rolling. Where's other big pilots have sufficient weight to down their bikes left or right side to turn. Then JLV use this to don't have to set pilot position to roll the bike AND steering to turn, which need other axis to control that. So only one axis is needed.
I wish JLV adding an option to use full sim mode, separate steering from roll axis, to try, or to use a real bike controller, which isn't possible at this time, or also with steer and roll axis linked...
mxdude891 wrote:
ShackAttack12 wrote:Myself, as well as others who have spent countless hours practicing, riding, racing etc, dont have much of a problem controlling the bike. I can pick anywhere on the track and point at it and hit it. I can come out of a berm pointed exactly in the direction i want to be.

mxdude, you need to PRACTICE.

MX Simulator: pretend you are 2 yrs old, JLV is your daddy trying to teach you how to ride a dirtbike. Now go. If you fall, get your ass back up and try again, but try not to fall again. And quit whining 8)

In real life, if you are going faster than 10-15mph, you turn the handlebars LEFT to turn the bike RIGHT. There is no arguing this what so ever.Its called countersteering. Its the physics of motorcycles. The reason MXS has "REVERSED STEERING" is because you are actually controlling the handlebars like you do in real life, not just controlling the bike+rider unit like in other crappy mx games (cough). And in MXS, most of your riding is over 10-15 mph, so its better to have reversed steering. If you dont like it, you can turn reversed steering off...... but have fun with that!
well in real life when you want to turn a certain way you turn that certain way just like i was saying and since this game has reversed steering when you go around a turn with bumps its practically impossible to do so because you bike turns the other then you flip which is what pisses me off
also i just found out when you gas it when you are leaned over far enough you guys front end turns way to far causing you to slip out instead of in real life when you keep riding with out slidding out
You guys lack education. Bicycles and Motorcycles DO NOT turn because the rider is leaning left or right.... thats pure MX vs ATV logic, and is completely stupid.

I drive a motorcycle EVERY DAY, i do turns 100x a day.... i think i know a thing or two about this.

Above the speed where your momentum keeps you upright, the only thing that causes the bike to pitch over is countersteering the handlebars. THATS IT. Once you initiate the turn, then you begin to bounce from normal steering to countersteering in order to regulate the lean angle.

Below the speed where momentum keeps you upright, you have to steer in the direction of the turn because you have to keep yourself upright. Its a balancing act.

It may seem that leaning causes the bike to turn, but thats only because you are countersteering the handlebars. You dont think about it too much IN REAL LIFE because your inner ears are providing balance information to your brain. In a game, you have to THINK about it, and thats why it seems weird.
ShackAttack12
| 2010 Supercross Champ | 2011 Supercross Champ | 2019 Supercross Champ |
Jones221

Post by Jones221 »

SLowly Stands up and Claps!
Netdemon01
Team: Privateer

Post by Netdemon01 »

For those who do not understand countersteering, watch this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nRUeEkS644

This bike has a set of FIXED handlebars that do not move. The rider attemps to lean the bike over with purely his body's weight transfer. Notice the bike does not budge because of the strong gyroscopic force keeping it upright. He then switches to the normal handlebars and is able to lean the bike like normal. It's physics folks, learn it. And quit complaining about the way this game turns. JLV has coded it correctly so that countersteering is what leans the bike over!!

"This game will always be about pushing it right to the edge without going over .... to keep up with the top riders you will still have to be right on the edge of control." - jlv
mxdude891

Post by mxdude891 »

yah its just a simple counterbalance basically your front tire turns is one ballance then your momentam is the other together they even out allowing you to lean without momentam you fall over with out ur tire turned you dont lean
ShackAttack12

Post by ShackAttack12 »

Netdemon01 wrote:For those who do not understand countersteering, watch this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nRUeEkS644

This bike has a set of FIXED handlebars that do not move. The rider attemps to lean the bike over with purely his body's weight transfer. Notice the bike does not budge because of the strong gyroscopic force keeping it upright. He then switches to the normal handlebars and is able to lean the bike like normal. It's physics folks, learn it. And quit complaining about the way this game turns. JLV has coded it correctly so that countersteering is what leans the bike over!!
Thanks for that video buddy! That's a perfect illustration about what i am talking about.
ShackAttack12
ShackAttack12

Post by ShackAttack12 »

ShackAttack12
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

That video helped (the last one shack posted), I believe it now that I saw proof with an explanation. I still don't think I do this in real life, I never turn the opposite way to go one way, I always turn right to go right...but obviously you lean too. When the bars are turned right and you tried to drag the bike forward, the big wouldn't go straight it would go right (or straight if you held the bars in place and used enough pulling force) I don't see how the bike would go straight, let alone go the opposite way. It doesn't make any sense why it works, or that I never feel myself doing this in real life :? .
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
chris465

Post by chris465 »

yzmxer608 wrote:That video helped (the last one shack posted), I believe it now that I saw proof with an explanation. I still don't think I do this in real life, I never turn the opposite way to go one way, I always turn right to go right...but obviously you lean too. When the bars are turned right and you tried to drag the bike forward, the big wouldn't go straight it would go right (or straight if you held the bars in place and used enough pulling force) I don't see how the bike would go straight, let alone go the opposite way. It doesn't make any sense why it works, or that I never feel myself doing this in real life :? .
You do it EVERY time you go around a corner! Now what would be nice is if JVL could code it that when you are going slowly that you actually turn the way you want to and at speed it changes but I think that is a lot to ask!
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

I watched it again and I'm understanding it more. Is it kinda like when the bike is stopped and you turn the handlebars to the right, but the bike goes to the left when leaned to far? That's the only way I'm understanding it right now, which makes sense. Now I am really wondering how I do this in real life and not notice it :shock: .
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
BMseX
Team: Privateer

Post by BMseX »

in real life you ride with your legs and legs only, think about that when playing...
"It took Jesus 3 days to respawn, talk about LAG!"