Quick questions.

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
tyrm85

Quick questions.

Post by tyrm85 »

Whats up guys. Haven't been playing because I haven't had a decent computer to play on. Im getting a Gigabyte GTX 650 1GB GPU this week. And I was wondering how well it'd play mxs considering you need PCI-E 3.0 and I only have PCI-E 2.0, which will only allow me to use some of the cards power. Here's my specs:

Intel i5
3GB of RAM/memory
And at the moment, a buggy, NVIDIA 310M.
Windows 7 Professional.

I was able to play sx events on about medium to low graphics with that card. Just wanted to know what you guys thought about the new card?
MXJProductions wrote:I'd rather have a big balls than a hairy chest.... Just sayin
Phathry25 wrote:Long story short, I don't like you. You'll live.
tatro36
Team: Bel-Ray Yamaha

Re: Quick questions.

Post by tatro36 »

I think you should do good, you should be able to run good graphics, but not the High Detail settings..
You should be able to get around 30-40 fps higher (i think)
Lynch
Team: Atlas Technologies

Post by Lynch »

I just got a Gigabyte Geforce GTX 650 2GB, actually installed it a few hours ago. I can run max settings (tweaked to my liking). Getting 125 FPS in single player on all the tracks I tried and between 100-125 FPS in a full sx server.
My other specs: i5 2400 3,4 Ghz, 4GB ram and a 500w PSU.
The NVIDIA 310M is a card for laptops if I'm not misstaking.
tyrm85

Post by tyrm85 »

Oh yeah I should be good then. Plus I'm installing a 550W power supply so I'll be perfect. Mine is only a 1GB GPU but still.
MXJProductions wrote:I'd rather have a big balls than a hairy chest.... Just sayin
damon99
Team: MXSG

Post by damon99 »

You're getting the same card I'm planning on getting :). Could you let me know how it works for you? Thanks!
tyrm85

Post by tyrm85 »

Yeah man I will!
oneK
Team: All American MX

Post by oneK »

650 is not a "great gaming" card......its right on the line as far as gaming goes to begin with......tho it would be a huge jump from the 310. you would prob do ok in mxs with the 650 but you would not like it for a more gpu demanding game like bf4 or something along those lines.

the 660 would cost a little more, prob around 60 bucks more on average but it would be a considerable jump up in performance also........tho im not sure how much of that really matters for mxs.
Lynch
Team: Atlas Technologies

Post by Lynch »

oneK wrote:650 is not a "great gaming" card......its right on the line as far as gaming goes to begin with......tho it would be a huge jump from the 310. you would prob do ok in mxs with the 650 but you would not like it for a more gpu demanding game like bf4 or something along those lines.

the 660 would cost a little more, prob around 60 bucks more on average but it would be a considerable jump up in performance also........tho im not sure how much of that really matters for mxs.
I get 125 FPS with all settings maxed except roost at 200 in a full sx server. Using a GTX 650 2GB, sure won't be able to play games like BF4 but it really surprised me in mxs. Just want to test a 40 riders gp/national :P