MX Simulator Help Website - UPDATED 6/17/2015

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
Holt_619
Team: FlowTech Racing

MX Simulator Help Website - UPDATED 6/17/2015

Post by Holt_619 »

Introducing the MXS Help Website! Eventually most of the useful information to be found about Mx Simulator will be present on the site.

The information database was given a complete redesign and moved to another webserver to greatly improve speed of both sites. It now works great on mobile devices also!

mxshelp.com

Smart Search

This search bar is the best way to locate exactly what you are looking for within the website. It scans through everything and matches phrases, tags, titles, and categories to the text you enter in the search bar. The search bar even scans through the new question and answer system I have built in to the site. You can filter which types of content you want to search by clicking the down arrow on the right of the search bar.

Once you enter something, results will immediately begin appearing below the search bar.

Get Answers

You can ask any question on the site and get an answer as quickly as possible. Currently, I am the only one who will be able to answer questions, however my answers will not always come from me. I will do my best to ask somebody who is skilled in the area of the question and relay their answer to you. In the near future, I will give more people the ability to directly answer questions using their own accounts. If you are interested in being one of those people, please send me an email at crew@mxslobby.com. I will only be allowing people I feel are extremely trustworthy to answer questions directly on the website, but email me if you are interested because you might be one of those people.

That's all for now. Working on new things constantly, so hopefully you can suggest features and report bugs! Also, suggest new articles to be added on this post.
Last edited by Holt_619 on Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:46 pm, edited 20 times in total.
Scotty226
Team: Crisp Graphics

Re: MXS Information Database

Post by Scotty226 »

Nice! I'm sure it will help out lots of people!

Here are some stuff I think you could put on there:
http://forum.mxsimulator.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1862
http://forum.mxsimulator.com/viewtopic. ... 82#p382582
0 | 1 | 0 | 4
2014 Loretta Lynns 250 Pro Sport 2nd
Holt_619

Post by Holt_619 »

Scotty226 wrote:Nice! I'm sure it will help out lots of people!

Here are some stuff I think you could put on there:
http://forum.mxsimulator.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1862
http://forum.mxsimulator.com/viewtopic. ... 82#p382582
Thanks Scotty! Adding those now.
Holt_619

Post by Holt_619 »

Since a couple people asked, I should probably note that the images in some of the articles are small on purpose. If you click on them, they should pop out in your browser and allow you to view them in full resolution.
James Webb
Team: Evergood

Post by James Webb »

This is sweet Sammy, great job.
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

This is pretty cool, although I think it's a waste to have it anywhere other than the forum. We could definitely use a section for new members like this, but to be completely honest, flowtechmxs.com is the last place I'm going to look if I'm trying to learn about the game I bought from mxsimulator.com. You should contact JLV about possibly helping set up a new member area on this site, as you seem to have a solid foundation. :)
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

Pretty cool idea, I have a bunch of random things bookmarked but aren't really articles. If you want I can try to put a few in that format, but here are some of them for now.

Bike skin and model naming for each bike year, list by Sam Greenwalt (aka Grizz)

Shortcut target option list by ddmx

Changing location of personal folder by totorox (symlinks)

Hardware/Direct and Hardware/Copy explanation by jlv(should still apply even though there are shader methods now) (also an explanation of what framebuffer objects actually are: http://forum.mxsimulator.com/viewtopic. ... 79#p153279)

Color numbering per skin (jlv)

Place track banners in Blender tutorial by Wheels

AI lines to decals script (warning places a LOT of decals, and may not be very useful with shaders now unless done very well to not look weird).

A post conversation between jlv and Wheels discussing how flaggers work

Correct way to update game from older installers

Explanation of the billboard optimization command (/bbopt)

ANSI color codes for server scripting

Big post with explanations by jlv on why multi-core wouldn't really help the game's performance

Creating custom bike sounds by jlv

This one is for funsies since it doesn't apply anymore. At the end of 2011 jlv changed the damping to logarithmic, and this is the function and a table to convert the old damping settings to the current (again it doesn't apply anymore but I forgot I had it bookmarked and found it interesting): http://forum.mxsimulator.com/viewtopic. ... 23#p266423

So the information is kinda all jumbled around and random, but thought I'd share some of the stuff that is lost in old posts and whatnot.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
Holt_619

Post by Holt_619 »

KTM57 wrote:This is pretty cool, although I think it's a waste to have it anywhere other than the forum. We could definitely use a section for new members like this, but to be completely honest, flowtechmxs.com is the last place I'm going to look if I'm trying to learn about the game I bought from mxsimulator.com. You should contact JLV about possibly helping set up a new member area on this site, as you seem to have a solid foundation. :)
I completely agree with your point. My idea was to maybe have it linked somewhere or somehow so that people would see it when they first get the game. I'll figure out the details but yes I completely understand and agree with that point.

yzmxer608 wrote:Pretty cool idea, I have a bunch of random things bookmarked but aren't really articles. If you want I can try to put a few in that format, but here are some of them for now.

Bike skin and model naming for each bike year, list by Sam Greenwalt (aka Grizz)

Shortcut target option list by ddmx

Changing location of personal folder by totorox (symlinks)

Hardware/Direct and Hardware/Copy explanation by jlv(should still apply even though there are shader methods now) (also an explanation of what framebuffer objects actually are: http://forum.mxsimulator.com/viewtopic. ... 79#p153279)

Color numbering per skin (jlv)

Place track banners in Blender tutorial by Wheels

AI lines to decals script (warning places a LOT of decals, and may not be very useful with shaders now unless done very well to not look weird).

A post conversation between jlv and Wheels discussing how flaggers work

Correct way to update game from older installers

Explanation of the billboard optimization command (/bbopt)

ANSI color codes for server scripting

Big post with explanations by jlv on why multi-core wouldn't really help the game's performance

Creating custom bike sounds by jlv

This one is for funsies since it doesn't apply anymore. At the end of 2011 jlv changed the damping to logarithmic, and this is the function and a table to convert the old damping settings to the current (again it doesn't apply anymore but I forgot I had it bookmarked and found it interesting): http://forum.mxsimulator.com/viewtopic. ... 23#p266423

So the information is kinda all jumbled around and random, but thought I'd share some of the stuff that is lost in old posts and whatnot.
Thank you! That's a lot of great stuff.
isacult
Team: BakerMX.com

Post by isacult »

Holt_619 wrote:This idea has been suggested before and it was just recently mentioned again. I decided it would be a good idea to create some sort of database for MXS related information. I figured it would be cool to have a lot of information in one place and it seems like some others see a need for this also. So with that I decided to experiment with some things on my website and came up with something that I like. What I've done is sort of made a hub for information of all different categories that looks like this:

There can be as many categories and articles as needed and I also made a submission system to allow anybody to submit something to help out. Right now the submission system can take a pdf or txt file. It can also allow you to write your article directly on the submission page. Lastly, it can take either one youtube video link or multiple links depending on the option you choose. I'm still working on adding some new articles to it and writing some more myself. I used some useful things on the forums that I decided should be put in right away, but there's still a lot that I'm going through and adding to the site. If I added something you made, I gave you credit and listed you as the author. However, if you want me to take your content off the site just pm me and I will remove it.

If you decide to write your article on the submission page, you can add bold font with these tags: {b}{/b} and underline things with these tags: {U}{/U}

Well that's all for now. If you have a forum post you think should be added, post the link here. The database can be found here: http://flowtechmxs.com/mx-simulator-inf ... -database/
and it is also easy to find on the flowtech homepage and navbar. Hopefully we can make this into something useful and help some new people as well as veteran members.

Any suggestions of features to add can also be posted here. I might not be able to accomplish it, but I will definitely try.

<3 Thank you for doing this.
EXACTLY what I was thinking of!

These forums have a lot of content, phpBB doesn't do the best job at searching..Just needed organization.

I do agree with August though. It would be better to have an official mx sim knowledge base.
Justin Baker | BakerMX.com #51
AWood wrote:WOOO BAKER
AWood wrote:Your excuses are about as shitty as mike Alessi on pulp MX show
Holt_619

Post by Holt_619 »

I've been tweaking fonts and color shades for a couple hours and I think it looks significantly more clear. In my opinion everything is way easier to read now.
Holt_619

Post by Holt_619 »

Comments should actually work now.
Max1633du16

Re: MX Simulator Help and Tutorials In One Place

Post by Max1633du16 »

Good job man ! Well done ;)
Boblob801
Team: <3 Andy

Post by Boblob801 »

I think this is a great idea.
Hi
Holt_619

Post by Holt_619 »

New Feature: Download a post as a pdf.

All the Beginner's Guide articles have this feature now. The rest of the articles will have this feature also soon. Depending on the browser, the download button will either start a download or open the pdf in your browser. If you want to download it, most browsers give a save option when the pdf opens, or you could right-click the download button and click "Save link as"

Hope that helps some people especially for the bike settings explained.
Sweendoggy
Team: Lone Wolf

Post by Sweendoggy »

This is RAD. Good job.