MXST - Mx Simulator Teams Focused Website

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
mxr449
Team: SYS / FAMmx Design

MXST - Mx Simulator Teams Focused Website

Post by mxr449 »

So i've had this idea for a Mx Simulator Team Focused website with some other cool features that I don't think anyone else has done yet. The website is still in the works and If you guys like the idea, I am planning on purchasing the domain in the next week or so and having this website up and running very soon.

** Note: Nothing on the website is final by any means. I have some guidelines that I wrote that are purely ideas that I want to go off of. They might be exact or completely different by the time the website is done. That's why I am hoping to get some suggestions from you guys to see where we should take this.

For now, the draft can be seen at: http://mxstdraft.fammx.com/
First off, I am not trying to take the place of any other Mx Simulator related website. I actually have a MXS Directory set up on the site where I want to advertise all other MXS related websites so if you have one you would like listed, submit it today!

The main goal of this website is to have an accurate up-to-date archive of Mx Simulator Teams. Hopefully, if everyone cooperates, this will bring teams back to life, we will all be able to see more skins in game and have a more organized personal folder (See screenshot a couple paragraphs down). Also, I am hoping this website will serve as a fun community for teams and riders to connect.

How it could help with Team Skins
What drives me crazy is when I download numerous team packs however in game, I still only see 2 to 3 riders during a race. My idea to fix this is to have scheduled updates. Right now it is set where teams can submit updates to their skins and roster 5 days before the end of any given month. Then, on the first of each month, the website will be updated highlighting the teams who have made updates. This way, everyone knows when to check MXST for team updates and they can easily navigate to download updated team skins. Not only will this help people who want to see everyone's skins but it can also ensure that your skin addons will more likely get downloaded throughtout the year.

How it could help with organizing your personal folder
This will be hard to get everyone to do this but it's worth a shot I think. To try and keep team skins organized in your personal folder I am hoping that all teams will follow a naming convention.

The basic name format for a .saf would be something like this, depending on the series;
> TeamName-SupercrossSkins.saf
> TeamName-NationalSkins.saf
> TeamName-OffSeasonSkins

For any team updates, the saf names must be the same as the original so it will replace the previous file.* Another option is to use the same file name as the original but add, "-Addon1, Addon2, etc" to the end of file name. An example of this would be, TeamFAMmx-SupercrossSkins-Addon1.saf

See what your personal folder could look like: Image

How it could spice up team championships, rosters and free agents
Not sure how this will work yet but my idea is similar to what RaceFactoryGaming did in the past but with some rules and deadlines applied to the system. Also would like to hold some team only events such as bracket racing, team races, etc. Open to suggestions on this!

While a team can have as many riders as they want, their "Official Team" will only consist of 6 riders. MXST will display your entire roster however your top 6 official riders will be highlighted and their points will count towards your team championship for that given series.

For your top 6 riders, I want to use something like Contract and Release dates. Contracts begin on the first round for any given series and they expire after the final round. During that series, your top 6 riders cannot be changed. Even if you release them behind the scenes, their points will still count towards your team championship. At the end of each series, it is contract and release time. You can either keep your Official Team how it was or release and sign new riders.

List of current features and ones that I hope to add in the future.

Website Features:
> Organized Teams with Guidelines and Championships.
> Social Network with personalized Profile, Friends, Activity Wall, Mailbox, and more.
> Forums for Team Discussions, Silly Season, etc.
> Fun Forum Rankings including D Class, Privateer, Forum Goat and more.
> MXS Directory - Full Directory of all Mx Simulator related Websites. (Submit yours today!)
> Unique Downloads - NO skins, tracks, etc. Instead, files such as series logo's, titles, pitboards, tachs, starting gates, and whatever else might fall into this category.

Features still to come
> Team Name Guidelines
> User Content Submissions
> Chat system similar to Facebook
> Team History, Stats, and Championships.
> Team Bracket Racing and other team events.
> Free Agent List and application system to be sent to desired team.
The website does currently work however the domain will be changed in the next few days if you guys seem interested in this but feel free to register and test things out. It would be a great opportunity for me to make sure everything works properly. I plan to add more user options in the future but right now the profile and forums should be working fine.

I'm open to all suggestions. Like I said above, nothing on here is final. I want you guys to enjoy coming to MXST so let me know what you guys like, don't like, any additions or things that should be taken away and any other questions, comments, concerns or opinions that you want to share. Any feedback is appreciated.
mxmadman374
Team: Privateer

Re: MXST - Mx Simulator Teams Focused Website

Post by mxmadman374 »

Wow that's epic. I don't see any reason anyone wouldn't want this to happen even if you never plan on being part of a team. Great work!
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

I'm glad to be apart of this project. Hopefully it gets going and turns out sick, I'm already down to help Blake any way I can.
jeremy103
Team: MCD Honda

Post by jeremy103 »

Ddavis wrote:I'm glad to be apart of this project. Hopefully it gets going and turns out sick, I'm already down to help Blake any way I can.
Who said you were apart of this... :lol: :lol: :lol: tehe :D
Holt_619
Team: FlowTech Racing

Post by Holt_619 »

Great job! The main thing is getting people to actually use it. The messages, profile, and teams system on the flowtech website is almost never used. It all works good, just think maybe I didn't do a great job of saying it was there. Hopefully more people will be on board with using your site since it is dedicated to team stuff!
damon99
Team: MXSG

Post by damon99 »

This is awesome! I would definitely use this!
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

jeremy103 wrote:
Ddavis wrote:I'm glad to be apart of this project. Hopefully it gets going and turns out sick, I'm already down to help Blake any way I can.
Blake, last night when we were discussing our plans for this site.
jeremy103

Post by jeremy103 »

Ddavis wrote:
jeremy103 wrote:
Blake, last night when we were discussing our plans for this site.
I'm just playing baby girl.
jeremy103

Post by jeremy103 »

jeremy103 wrote:
I just read that whole thing and didn't see anywhere "Devin Davis." If I remember correctly, Blake said that you could contribute by doing stats and team articles similar to what you do on the forums and you said we'll see after you launch the website. Other than that, what has been done so far is Blake's work.
Mason.G 752

Post by Mason.G 752 »

Seems like it'd work out and be a nice "project", I definitely like the whole "teams" idea because at this day an age, I don't even know what teams are still around and are actually good.
Robert196

Post by Robert196 »

If you guys can get it done I'd be in.

Another system, although a stretch, could be whenever you see rider with UID 1423, you can download that riders skins. The rider could upload their gear, bike, etc. to the web server and you could make an app to download that skin to your personal folder. That way everyone who uses the system could see eachothers skins without all the hassle. This already goes on in iRacing but I have no clue how hard it would be to get into sim.
| 2013 MotoOption Supercross 250 Eastside Champion | #turnbarcrew |
isacult
Team: BakerMX.com

Post by isacult »

mxr449 wrote:
So i've had this idea for a Mx Simulator Team Focused website with some other cool features that I don't think anyone else has done yet. The website is still in the works and If you guys like the idea, I am planning on purchasing the domain in the next week or so and having this website up and running very soon.

** Note: Nothing on the website is final by any means. I have some guidelines that I wrote that are purely ideas that I want to go off of. They might be exact or completely different by the time the website is done. That's why I am hoping to get some suggestions from you guys to see where we should take this.

For now, the draft can be seen at: http://mxstdraft.fammx.com/
First off, I am not trying to take the place of any other Mx Simulator related website. I actually have a MXS Directory set up on the site where I want to advertise all other MXS related websites so if you have one you would like listed, submit it today!

The main goal of this website is to have an accurate up-to-date archive of Mx Simulator Teams. Hopefully, if everyone cooperates, this will bring teams back to life, we will all be able to see more skins in game and have a more organized personal folder (See screenshot a couple paragraphs down). Also, I am hoping this website will serve as a fun community for teams and riders to connect.

How it could help with Team Skins
What drives me crazy is when I download numerous team packs however in game, I still only see 2 to 3 riders during a race. My idea to fix this is to have scheduled updates. Right now it is set where teams can submit updates to their skins and roster 5 days before the end of any given month. Then, on the first of each month, the website will be updated highlighting the teams who have made updates. This way, everyone knows when to check MXST for team updates and they can easily navigate to download updated team skins. Not only will this help people who want to see everyone's skins but it can also ensure that your skin addons will more likely get downloaded throughtout the year.

How it could help with organizing your personal folder
This will be hard to get everyone to do this but it's worth a shot I think. To try and keep team skins organized in your personal folder I am hoping that all teams will follow a naming convention.

The basic name format for a .saf would be something like this, depending on the series;
> TeamName-SupercrossSkins.saf
> TeamName-NationalSkins.saf
> TeamName-OffSeasonSkins

For any team updates, the saf names must be the same as the original so it will replace the previous file.* Another option is to use the same file name as the original but add, "-Addon1, Addon2, etc" to the end of file name. An example of this would be, TeamFAMmx-SupercrossSkins-Addon1.saf

See what your personal folder could look like: Image

How it could spice up team championships, rosters and free agents
Not sure how this will work yet but my idea is similar to what RaceFactoryGaming did in the past but with some rules and deadlines applied to the system. Also would like to hold some team only events such as bracket racing, team races, etc. Open to suggestions on this!

While a team can have as many riders as they want, their "Official Team" will only consist of 6 riders. MXST will display your entire roster however your top 6 official riders will be highlighted and their points will count towards your team championship for that given series.

For your top 6 riders, I want to use something like Contract and Release dates. Contracts begin on the first round for any given series and they expire after the final round. During that series, your top 6 riders cannot be changed. Even if you release them behind the scenes, their points will still count towards your team championship. At the end of each series, it is contract and release time. You can either keep your Official Team how it was or release and sign new riders.

List of current features and ones that I hope to add in the future.

Website Features:
> Organized Teams with Guidelines and Championships.
> Social Network with personalized Profile, Friends, Activity Wall, Mailbox, and more.
> Forums for Team Discussions, Silly Season, etc.
> Fun Forum Rankings including D Class, Privateer, Forum Goat and more.
> MXS Directory - Full Directory of all Mx Simulator related Websites. (Submit yours today!)
> Unique Downloads - NO skins, tracks, etc. Instead, files such as series logo's, titles, pitboards, tachs, starting gates, and whatever else might fall into this category.

Features still to come
> Team Name Guidelines
> User Content Submissions
> Chat system similar to Facebook
> Team History, Stats, and Championships.
> Team Bracket Racing and other team events.
> Free Agent List and application system to be sent to desired team.
The website does currently work however the domain will be changed in the next few days if you guys seem interested in this but feel free to register and test things out. It would be a great opportunity for me to make sure everything works properly. I plan to add more user options in the future but right now the profile and forums should be working fine.

I'm open to all suggestions. Like I said above, nothing on here is final. I want you guys to enjoy coming to MXST so let me know what you guys like, don't like, any additions or things that should be taken away and any other questions, comments, concerns or opinions that you want to share. Any feedback is appreciated.
Genius man.
Justin Baker | BakerMX.com #51
AWood wrote:WOOO BAKER
AWood wrote:Your excuses are about as shitty as mike Alessi on pulp MX show
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

jeremy103 wrote:
jeremy103 wrote:
I just read that whole thing and didn't see anywhere "Devin Davis." If I remember correctly, Blake said that you could contribute by doing stats and team articles similar to what you do on the forums and you said we'll see after you launch the website. Other than that, what has been done so far is Blake's work.
I wasn't taking credit for starting this, just being a part of it (by doing stats and articles).
Bellotti93

Post by Bellotti93 »

Robert196 wrote:If you guys can get it done I'd be in.

Another system, although a stretch, could be whenever you see rider with UID 1423, you can download that riders skins. The rider could upload their gear, bike, etc. to the web server and you could make an app to download that skin to your personal folder. That way everyone who uses the system could see eachothers skins without all the hassle. This already goes on in iRacing but I have no clue how hard it would be to get into sim.
This. MXST sounds great though I would use it for sure.