Controller Suggestions

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
NicePeter
Team: Privateer

Controller Suggestions

Post by NicePeter »

Hey guys, i'm looking to buy a controller. I've been playing with a keyboard since 2012. Xbox or ps3? I cant decide on my own because if im gonna buy something, i want to buy the right thing. What do you guys think?
Scotty226
Team: Crisp Graphics

Re: Controller Suggestions

Post by Scotty226 »

I personally prefer the wired xbox360 controller but whatever suits your hands is the best to get.
0 | 1 | 0 | 4
2014 Loretta Lynns 250 Pro Sport 2nd
NicePeter

Post by NicePeter »

I heard you have to install some software for the ps3 controller. Is that true?
AY-DAY256
Team: Panty Dropperz KTM

Post by AY-DAY256 »

I say xbox because it's easier to get it set up on your computer. Because you know...microsoft...With PS3 you need to get an extra "middleman" converter when xbox you can just plug it in with a USB
AY-DAY256

Post by AY-DAY256 »

NicePeter wrote:I heard you have to install some software for the ps3 controller. Is that true?
you have to download software for both, but once again, microsoft makes it easy
NicePeter

Post by NicePeter »

I think im gonna get both and see how it works. Thanks guys!
ryanmx25

Post by ryanmx25 »

AY-DAY256 wrote:
NicePeter wrote:I heard you have to install some software for the ps3 controller. Is that true?
No you dont
AY-DAY256

Post by AY-DAY256 »

ryanmx25 wrote:
AY-DAY256 wrote:
No you dont
ah, I suppose you don't have to download software if you have a wired control.
Gideon#67

Post by Gideon#67 »

I've had nothing but problems with xbox controllers for sim. It's always been stick drift or bumpers that go bad but I've gone through like 6 controllers in 2 1/2 years. I've gone out and bought new controllers only to plug them in and have the same stick drift problem out of the box. I have stayed away from off brand controllers too, only to spend more $$ for a genuine microsoft controller and have the same issues. I will say this, i have never had an issue with my controllers I use for my console and that they are the originals I got when I got the system 5 or 6 years ago. So I started researching different options only to find them limited due to either quality or layout. I had been using an xbox controller since day one so the layout of a regular PC controller or PS3 controller was awkward for me. I ended up finding a PS3 controller made by Power A that looks and feels like a xbox controller but is different internally than a xbox controller. It was only $15 (from walmart non the less) and has held up with no issues at all since I got it early SX season. But there are plenty of guys that use xbox controllers with no issues so I guess its a matter of preference. Just figured I'd throw my .02 in.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Power-A-Sony- ... 3/33123572
jlv wrote:I've banned UID 1 for one day. Next time will be a week.
yzmxer608 wrote:I got to cuddle with Kellen because of this game. Thank you jlv!
Mikey wrote:We can all learn a lesson here boys. Never mess with a Mormon.. they will take it like a bitch.
Boblob801
Team: <3 Andy

Post by Boblob801 »

AY-DAY256 wrote:
Nah Xbox is plug and play ready.
Hi
BraapBraap

Post by BraapBraap »

AY-DAY256 wrote:I say xbox because it's easier to get it set up on your computer. Because you know...microsoft...With PS3 you need to get an extra "middleman" converter when xbox you can just plug it in with a USB
Will Johns | Privateer
nzkxf250

Post by nzkxf250 »

it takes all of 5mins to look on the net, on how to hook up a controller to a pc.
I run a ps4 controller and ds4 middle man/tool works great no problems at all.
DurpDers#427
Team: Volcom

Post by DurpDers#427 »

I'dd say xbox 360 because they have always felt better imo, but keep in mind PS triggers wont cancel out eachother like xbox, due to them being on the same axis. But if you go for xbox 360...this is how i have my settings.
Ingame- http://gyazo.com/2a3cde22dde434582c3f075e745d179e
Xpadder- (you wont need this for ps, just helps adding a few things on xbox) http://gyazo.com/c694f3b367a429517ab54d4ebdb5b55a
DurpDers#427
Team: Volcom

Post by DurpDers#427 »

Gideon#67 wrote:I've had nothing but problems with xbox controllers for sim. It's always been stick drift or bumpers that go bad but I've gone through like 6 controllers in 2 1/2 years. I've gone out and bought new controllers only to plug them in and have the same stick drift problem out of the box. I have stayed away from off brand controllers too, only to spend more $$ for a genuine microsoft controller and have the same issues. I will say this, i have never had an issue with my controllers I use for my console and that they are the originals I got when I got the system 5 or 6 years ago. So I started researching different options only to find them limited due to either quality or layout. I had been using an xbox controller since day one so the layout of a regular PC controller or PS3 controller was awkward for me. I ended up finding a PS3 controller made by Power A that looks and feels like a xbox controller but is different internally than a xbox controller. It was only $15 (from walmart non the less) and has held up with no issues at all since I got it early SX season. But there are plenty of guys that use xbox controllers with no issues so I guess its a matter of preference. Just figured I'd throw my .02 in.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Power-A-Sony- ... 3/33123572

I'm about to try one myself, do you know if the triggers cancel out eachother? Thanks.
Gideon#67

Post by Gideon#67 »

DurpDers#427 wrote:I'm about to try one myself, do you know if the triggers cancel out eachother? Thanks.
They do not.
jlv wrote:I've banned UID 1 for one day. Next time will be a week.
yzmxer608 wrote:I got to cuddle with Kellen because of this game. Thank you jlv!
Mikey wrote:We can all learn a lesson here boys. Never mess with a Mormon.. they will take it like a bitch.