Physics. Which do you prefer?

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.

Which Phsyics Combo do you prefer?

Simulator Physics on NAT and SX
74%
Arcade Physics on NAT and SX
7%
Arcade on SX, Sim on NAT
19%
Sim on SX, Arcade on NAT
No votes

Total votes: 27

tobz173

Physics. Which do you prefer?

Post by tobz173 »

Just curious about everyones opinion on the difference between the two physics.
Dont ever question my determination and my will to win - Chad Reed
tobz173

Re: Physics. Which do you prefer?

Post by tobz173 »

I only really ride SX, and to me the arcade physics suit the tracks the best. If only we could whip/scrub with arcade, that would be the ultimate physics.
Netdemon01
Team: Privateer

Post by Netdemon01 »

Simulator is the only way to go. Its called MX Simulator not MX Arcade. If you can't ride all the tracks without arcade help then you haven't practiced enough. There's reasons why you can't scrub/whip with arcade; arcade is applying FAKE forces to keep your bike upright. There's a great feeling of accomplishment being fast with simulator physics and is worth the couple of days to learn it. I tried arcade for awhile the very first days I found out about this game and it just didn't feel natural or fun at all. The game did all the work for me. It was frustrating as hell to ride with simulator physics and a low stability, trust me I was cussing and hating the game for awhile. But a few days practice and dedication is all it takes really.

"This game will always be about pushing it right to the edge without going over .... to keep up with the top riders you will still have to be right on the edge of control." - jlv
Voutare

Post by Voutare »

Simulator. It's faster, more fun, and you can use it to your advantage more than arcade.
INVADEtheLINE

Post by INVADEtheLINE »

Netdemon01 wrote:Simulator is the only way to go. Its called MX Simulator not MX Arcade. If you can't ride all the tracks without arcade help then you haven't practiced enough. There's reasons why you can't scrub/whip with arcade; arcade is applying FAKE forces to keep your bike upright. There's a great feeling of accomplishment being fast with simulator physics and is worth the couple of days to learn it. I tried arcade for awhile the very first days I found out about this game and it just didn't feel natural or fun at all. The game did all the work for me. It was frustrating as hell to ride with simulator physics and a low stability, trust me I was cussing and hating the game for awhile. But a few days practice and dedication is all it takes really.

...Spoken like a true Proverb.
Joe
Team: MXSP

Post by Joe »

Netdemon01 wrote:Simulator is the only way to go. Its called MX Simulator not MX Arcade. If you can't ride all the tracks without arcade help then you haven't practiced enough. There's reasons why you can't scrub/whip with arcade; arcade is applying FAKE forces to keep your bike upright. There's a great feeling of accomplishment being fast with simulator physics and is worth the couple of days to learn it. I tried arcade for awhile the very first days I found out about this game and it just didn't feel natural or fun at all. The game did all the work for me. It was frustrating as hell to ride with simulator physics and a low stability, trust me I was cussing and hating the game for awhile. But a few days practice and dedication is all it takes really.

AMEN BROTHA
tobz173

Post by tobz173 »

Interesting. I see where you guys are coming from. The only qualm i have with the simulator physics is that you really have to make an effort to turn the bike straight again, and it's very slow in doing slow, especially in SX. To me, thats not exactly real. I have more fun pushing my skills in arcade in SX, rather than being limited by the finicky simulator physics.
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

tobz173 wrote:Interesting. I see where you guys are coming from. The only qualm i have with the simulator physics is that you really have to make an effort to turn the bike straight again, and it's very slow in doing slow, especially in SX. To me, thats not exactly real. I have more fun pushing my skills in arcade in SX, rather than being limited by the finicky simulator physics.
never happened 2 me but i never sucked :D
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
Voutare

Post by Voutare »

You get used to raising the bike back up out of corners though. I thought it was weird at first, but when you get used to it it's like second nature.
tobz173

Post by tobz173 »

Pumaxcs wrote:
tobz173 wrote:Interesting. I see where you guys are coming from. The only qualm i have with the simulator physics is that you really have to make an effort to turn the bike straight again, and it's very slow in doing slow, especially in SX. To me, thats not exactly real. I have more fun pushing my skills in arcade in SX, rather than being limited by the finicky simulator physics.
never happened 2 me but i never sucked :D
Well, if you ride as good as you can build tracks then..*cough*.

But seriously, i've always been fairly good at gaming, i was the overall fastest 600 sx rider in the nbw recorder for mva, and fairly quick in rfactor, so im not exactly a newb with a new controller. I love technical, hard to master games, but these simulator physics never really felt right. But its all a difference of opinion, thats what this thread was intended for. I'd really been keen to see a video of someone with sim physics on a technical sx track, like anaheim 3 or something.
gordy

Post by gordy »

hey, i built anaheim 3 using sim physics on 0 stability as a base, so it is definately possible.
instupitious.