Amd a8 1.7ghz?

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
Jlillywhite23
Team: 42 Motorsports

Amd a8 1.7ghz?

Post by Jlillywhite23 »

I have a question about a processor I'm getting for my computer. It is an AMD A8 series, but it says it is 1.7 GHz which is really bad. Is it bad?
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Re: Amd a8 1.7ghz?

Post by Pumaxcs »

A series are APU's meaning it has the job of CPU and GPU under the same chip. I'd recommend getting an A10 and cooler with good RAM or a FX/Intel CPU and GPU. The tech for APU's aren't there just yet so the two separate are still faster but APU's are cheaper. Unless this is a laptop, APU is still there but laptops have much more underpowered versions of it.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
Jlillywhite23
Team: 42 Motorsports

Post by Jlillywhite23 »

Pumaxcs wrote:A series are APU's meaning it has the job of CPU and GPU under the same chip. I'd recommend getting an A10 and cooler with good RAM or a FX/Intel CPU and GPU. The tech for APU's aren't there just yet so the two separate are still faster but APU's are cheaper. Unless this is a laptop, APU is still there but laptops have much more underpowered versions of it.
I don't have a lot of money right now. What is the best processor to look for in a PREBUILT desktop?
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

It depends entirely on what you're willing to spend. I could list off a whole bunch of different good processors, but you really need to analyze the computer as a whole, and it's hard to do that without a price range.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

The cheapest processor worth anything to me, for gaming purposes, is the Intel Pentium G2358 or a AMD FX4 series. I prefer Intel and its the cheaper chip, plus the motherboard will be compatible all the way up to an i7 so its got upgrade potential.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.