Controllers Xbox360 vs PS3

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
IanGroganFMX
Team: Privateer

Controllers Xbox360 vs PS3

Post by IanGroganFMX »

Ok, so, I've been playing this game on and off for 2 years now and I still overall suck at it. I'm tired of sucking and I've started putting a few hours a day trying to get a solid general setup for sx and outdoor tracks. The setups are either good for whipping, scrubbing with a twitchy front end that makes the bike feel light as a feather, but the front end slides out in the corners and whoops are impossible. OR, i can get a setup that can rail corners and get through the whoops alright, but the bike feels heavy as a chunk of lead over jumps.

Overall with each type of setup I feel like the bike is riding me instead of me riding the bike. I'm just hanging on trying not to crash instead of directing the bike to the lines I want to take.

Now, I play with a ps3 controller, but the other day I heard that only the Xbox360 controller gives you control with sensitivity or something like that. Cant remember exactly. Basically the person was saying the joysticks work a bit differently depending on which controller you use. So is there any truth to that? Is one better than the other? Just wanted to get some opinions because I'm getting really frustrated not being able to find a balance between agility and stability of the bike.
SMR 510RR

Re: Controllers Xbox360 vs PS3

Post by SMR 510RR »

Its personal preference. For me the PS3 controllers sticks feel like they have more travel from side to side vs the 360 controller. Xbox one is more like the PS3. I don't think switching controllers will magically make you good but if you don't like your controller and you like a 360 one better then it would help.

IDK how long you have been playing but it takes a long time to be able to actually pick lines in a rutted national. At least for me it did.
IanGroganFMX

Post by IanGroganFMX »

I've been playing for 2 years on and off, but I've only really been seriously "training" for about 3 months now. I don't think changing controllers would magically make me better lol. I just didn't know if there was a difference or not.
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

Play with whatever controller makes you confortable. I've had Playstations ever since PS1 so the analog config of the PS is natural and I use a PS4 controller now. One thing that will help is button layout as having the throttle/brake on a axis button such as the sticks or the triggers will help a whole lot in control.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
RXR_Banjo
Team: MotoStar

Post by RXR_Banjo »

Pm me ill give you my personnal setups, im sure it'll help you!
Phil Doyon #423