any tips on getting the 250 2 stroke to handle better?

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
MXAcid
Crushed Dissenter

Re: any tips on getting the 250 2 stroke to handle better?

Post by MXAcid »

bob117 wrote:um ok. lol.. is that how you try and prove your points? just telling the other guy hes wrong, and mad? lol

go gear your bike as low as possible, and spin your tire some more thinking its just more throttle control. ahaha.

Sounds like a you problem, id be happy to give you a few pointers. Pro tip 1- dont hold down the gas full throttle bob wtf is wrong with you?
bob117

Post by bob117 »

MXAcid wrote:
bob117 wrote:um ok. lol.. is that how you try and prove your points? just telling the other guy hes wrong, and mad? lol

go gear your bike as low as possible, and spin your tire some more thinking its just more throttle control. ahaha.

Sounds like a you problem, id be happy to give you a few pointers. Pro tip 1- dont hold down the gas full throttle bob wtf is wrong with you?
so your saying that gearing your bike like that makes it actually harder to ride, since you cant just hammer it? but i thought you said it gave you more throttle control? now your contradicting yourself.
ryanmx25

Post by ryanmx25 »

The front end feeling light has nothing to do with power, suspension.
MXAcid
Crushed Dissenter

Post by MXAcid »

bob117 wrote:
MXAcid wrote:

so your saying that gearing your bike like that makes it actually harder to ride, since you cant just hammer it? but i thought you said it gave you more throttle control? now your contradicting yourself.

LOL "just hammer it" is that really how you play the game? Dont give any more of your "advice" stay in school.
bob117

Post by bob117 »

MXAcid wrote:

LOL "just hammer it" is that really how you play the game? Dont give any more of your "advice" stay in school.
lol. thanks for the advice. ill change my gearing too, that should help me be smarter, right?
MXAcid
Crushed Dissenter

Post by MXAcid »

bob117 wrote:
MXAcid wrote:

lol. thanks for the advice. ill change my gearing too, that should help me be smarter, right?

If you stay in school i guess. you could turn off the arcade physics too bob.
bob117

Post by bob117 »

nah, i can leave arcade on. as long as my gearing is right, ill be pro in no time!!!!!!!
al167
Team: Privateer

Post by al167 »

try all suspension settings on 40 except rebound damping, make it 80 for both front and rear.
also have you mass distribution lower, I run 38
aeffertz
Team: Studio ATE

Post by aeffertz »

250 2strokes and 450's just handle like ass in this game. I don't think there's much you can really do other than just get used to how they handle so it becomes normal.

No amount of suspension/gearing settings are going to make it handle like the 125.
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

The 250 feels like it has very soft suspension compared to the 450, almost always if I'm having a problem in whoops for example on the 450 a 250 with the same suspension gets through perfect.

As far as the front end feeling light, I can't say I've had that problem with them, but you can try what al167 said by lowering the rider mass distribution to lessen the wheelying effect. You can try inceasing the shock compression damping too. The suspension he suggested might work good for outdoors (maybe a little too soft) but for SX you'd be bottoming everywhere.

Personally I find the 250's very hard to ride well in SX, but the bikes feel amazing outdoors imo. Love them outdoors but SX not so much, I'll take the 125 indoors (current tileinfo is a little grippy for it though, easy to bog). But on the 250 stock 0,0 gearing revved at 8.5k in 2nd off the gate can pull 450's in my experience.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
Racers52

Post by Racers52 »

We all love you Yzed. Good read :shock:
nickuzick

Post by nickuzick »

Add 2 strokes
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

If you're one of those sissy boys.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
O'Brien#178
Team: Privateer

Post by O'Brien#178 »

If you're using real world ideas then increasing the rear preload puts more weight on the front....although theres a fine line between front end weight and instability in braking bumps. Also have tried using the rider spring and damping? the higher the spring the more forward he is (might be the opposite i can't remember, pretty sure thats right) the higher the spring the more damping i find is needed otherwise he moves around really fast!
cccccccc

Post by cccccccc »

Lowering the Auto-Clutch RPM's helps a bit.