2015-03-22 snapshot

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Re: 2015-03-22 snapshot

Post by jlv »

onefoureight wrote:This happened to me in 03, he wasn't invisible at the time.

I'm not sure if it's a snapshot collision glitch, or just a one off. But it's happening quite often.

Recently to Tysen in rF.

Thought you might wanna take a look JLV.

mx-2015-03-22-1258 Snapshot.
Looks like the other guy was running the older version.
rsbdotexe wrote:
jlv wrote:
rsbdotexe wrote:Ya - it's strange too cause it's in spurts. One straightaway on 03 will be fine, the next not so much. Doesn't seem to have to do with how many riders I can see on my screen. But I only get the FPS drop online.
If it's random like that the problem is likely to be something like Windows Update deciding to start up in the middle of a race.

Have you tested back to back against 2015-03-19?
Yup - ran some custom online races on my friends server with the old snapshot and then this one. Old snapshot works fine, this one causes issues.
What about the other way around? When you get the slowdown with the new version and immediately switch to the old version does it run normally?

Does it change if you rename the exe files?
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
rsbdotexe
Team: Privateer

Post by rsbdotexe »

rsbdotexe wrote:
jlv wrote:
rsbdotexe wrote:Ya - it's strange too cause it's in spurts. One straightaway on 03 will be fine, the next not so much. Doesn't seem to have to do with how many riders I can see on my screen. But I only get the FPS drop online.
If it's random like that the problem is likely to be something like Windows Update deciding to start up in the middle of a race.

Have you tested back to back against 2015-03-19?
Yup - ran some custom online races on my friends server with the old snapshot and then this one. Old snapshot works fine, this one causes issues.
What about the other way around? When you get the slowdown with the new version and immediately switch to the old version does it run normally?

Does it change if you rename the exe files?[/quote]

Ya, switching to the old version from the new and everything runs fine. Also tried renaming the new version .exe exactly as the old version .exe - no change. I even tried reformatting my entire computer today as this is becoming very frustrating.
rsbdotexe
Team: Privateer

Post by rsbdotexe »

And I meant switching from the new to the old - not the other way around. But ya - playing on the other snapshot no matter what order resolves the issue.
CrossFlow Racing#16

Post by CrossFlow Racing#16 »

The frame rate drop is incredibly bad, every 10 seconds its happening, only online but.
aeffertz
Team: Studio ATE

Post by aeffertz »

I've noticed a drop in FPS too with the new snapshot. Usually run everything maxed with shaders/reflections on 256x256 perfectly but since the update, my frame rate is horrible, like cut in half/unplayable on the same tracks at 128x128 on 90% settings. I need to run on 64x64 for it run like it used to.
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

Does disabling your antivirus software fix it?
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
aeffertz
Team: Studio ATE

Post by aeffertz »

jlv wrote:Does disabling your antivirus software fix it?
I'll have to check. I'd rather not have to disable it though considering it didn't affect it before.
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

Considering the circumstances (no changes that would have slowed it down and most users not experiencing the slowdown), it seems likely it's something on your system. Virus scanners cause all kinds of problems and could easily only affect executables that they think contain a virus so it seems like a good place to check.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
CrossFlow Racing#16

Post by CrossFlow Racing#16 »

jlv wrote:Considering the circumstances (no changes that would have slowed it down and most users not experiencing the slowdown), it seems likely it's something on your system. Virus scanners cause all kinds of problems and could easily only affect executables that they think contain a virus so it seems like a good place to check.
Why would it only affect online gameplay though?
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

CrossFlow Racing#16 wrote:
jlv wrote:Considering the circumstances (no changes that would have slowed it down and most users not experiencing the slowdown), it seems likely it's something on your system. Virus scanners cause all kinds of problems and could easily only affect executables that they think contain a virus so it seems like a good place to check.
Why would it only affect online gameplay though?
It checks incoming/outcoming traffic, maybe it suspects the program and than scans all the traffic. Just an idea.
Fadez

Post by Fadez »

It is not only online gameplay. It also drops on demos. It does not if you are on the old snapshot. I have turned off any firewall or security programs for mxs. Nothing works. It has to be the snapshots fault in my eyes at this point. I've done everything JLV suggested all to no avail. All of my graphics settings are at their usual or lower. I can post my PC's specs if you would like, but it has never been an issue before.
Cody Darr
Team: Start Your Systems

Post by Cody Darr »

Fadez wrote:It is not only online gameplay. It also drops on demos. It does not if you are on the old snapshot. I have turned off any firewall or security programs for mxs. Nothing works. It has to be the snapshots fault in my eyes at this point. I've done everything JLV suggested all to no avail. All of my graphics settings are at their usual or lower. I can post my PC's specs if you would like, but it has never been an issue before.
Im in the same boat still...
2011 LRS Monday Night local Series 125 Pro Champion
jlv wrote:What a dope! He should have saved that move for the last lap like Cody Darr!
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

If you guys could list what antivirus/firewall software and driver versions you're using there might be a common thread.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
Cody Darr

Post by Cody Darr »

My Specs

Intel Core i5-2400 CPU @3.10 GHz
GeForce GTX 550Ti Driver version 347.88
8Gb Ram
I use Mircosoft security essentials for antivirus software
jlv wrote:What a dope! He should have saved that move for the last lap like Cody Darr!
Cody Darr

Post by Cody Darr »

Cody Darr wrote:My Specs

Windows 7 (64 bit)
Intel Core i5-2400 CPU @3.10 GHz
GeForce GTX 550Ti Driver version 347.88
8Gb Ram
I use Mircosoft security essentials for antivirus software