Play online without objects?

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
tymotoboy53
Team: Pasadena Kawasaki

Play online without objects?

Post by tymotoboy53 »

Anyone know if I can play online without object packs on the track? I can't get a new desktop til college starts and the laptop I'm using is junk but it'll play mx sim fine without a lot of objects in fact will run at 45-60 fps depending on the track but the national tracks I wanna play on are taking a toll on my laptop even though I believe it's only using 28 mb of texture memory...Another point I'd like to add is that some other tracks that use more texture memory actually work more smoothly than some others that use less? Not really sure what's going on here. I added the object pack to glen helen 2015 and it slowed down the game big time but I know if I go online it'll be worse...
SMR 510RR
Team: Privateer

Re: Play online without objects?

Post by SMR 510RR »

1.What track and object pack quality did you download?
2.There is more to it than texture memory, these tracks are large as in the amount of area and are using 2049x2049 terrains so that will take up a lot more resources than something like a SX track or smaller outdoor track.
3.What are your graphics settings?
4.What are the specs of your computer?

I don't think these tracks will run online without the object pack, there are required files in there.
tymotoboy53
Team: Pasadena Kawasaki

Post by tymotoboy53 »

2.2 ghz processor integrated graphics like I said though i'm upgrading big in september. low res for both tracks and objects
SMR 510RR

Post by SMR 510RR »

Yea, turn down all the settings, that will be the best you can do for now.
JCB
Team: None

Post by JCB »

I don't mean to keep reviving old threads but interestingly enough I gain HUGE stability and +10-15FPS by setting mxsim.exe in task manager to High Priority.
enzopersson

Post by enzopersson »

Gamebooster.