2015-07-16 snapshot

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
22Ryann
Team: Thrashedkids

Re: 2015-07-16 snapshot

Post by 22Ryann »

Enjoying the changes!
barrington314
Team: me

Post by barrington314 »

Awesome stuff JLV. Thanks!
O'Brien#178
Team: Privateer

Post by O'Brien#178 »

jlv wrote:
O'Brien#178 wrote:Whats the Preload measured in now? i know MM but i thought the previous was How many MM the shock was wound down?
It's the same as before only with much more range. It controls how much the spring is compressed when the suspension is topped out.
Ok cool so it's basically the difference between the uncompressed length and the compressed length when the spring is fitted. Any idea of what is the standard difference? I can't find the compressed length info anywhere!

Thanks
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

O'Brien#178 wrote:Ok cool so it's basically the difference between the uncompressed length and the compressed length when the spring is fitted. Any idea of what is the standard difference? I can't find the compressed length info anywhere!
Not sure what the typical factory preload is, but I'm sure you already know that everyone just adjusts it to sag about 4 inches with the rider on the bike.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
jbob23

Post by jbob23 »

Awesome update. It definitely felt different at first. I had my preload clear down at like 35 before this snapshot. The shock appeared to be completely compressed when I left it like that. After some tweaking this thing feels like a Cadillac in the rough stuff. Pretty cool. Just feels more consistent now.

Just sitting here wondering, how many snapshots have you released where you made a significant change to how the bike and rider react but didn't tell us? Also have you ever said you changed something but you really didn't? Just curious because this game is like 90% mental for me. Some days I'm terrible and the bike feels weird as hell. Other days it feels perfect and I almost never change my settings.

Not accusing you of doing either, its just I know you could release a snapshot and say you changed this, this, and this without changing a thing and people would either complain or tell you how awesome the changes are.

This game is still so damn enjoyable after 8ish years, I don't understand it. I don't play nearly as much as I used to or would like to. I'm starting to get old. Got my degree, got a job, got married, and bought a house all in the last year. No time for MXS!
motokid499
Team: Phil's

Post by motokid499 »

jbob23 wrote: this game is like 90% mental for me. Some days I'm terrible and the bike feels weird as hell. Other days it feels perfect and I almost never change my settings.
Yes.
Tanner Rogers
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

This update is so wicked. No more bullshit fall offs, it feels so much more consistent and just not bullshit lol.

Thanks JLV, hasn't been this fun for a while.
My photography work
www.mikeowenphotographer.com
btrill135

Post by btrill135 »

im on my mac and finally remembered how to install the 1-10 update on here, however i dont remember how to install the snapshot. When i try to run it a little box pops up and says cant find game data? Any guesses?
btrill135

Post by btrill135 »

so i think i got the snapshot in the right place, however now when i try to play on a server it says: Fixed file mismatch

Ive never seen that before and have no clue what i did wrong, help a brotha out please!
motokid499

Post by motokid499 »

btrill135 wrote:im on my mac and finally remembered how to install the 1-10 update on here, however i dont remember how to install the snapshot. When i try to run it a little box pops up and says cant find game data? Any guesses?
Did you make sure you replaced the old "mx.exe" in your install folder with the snapshot? Drag and drop the snapshot into your install folder (Not the personal folder). Then either delete "mx.exe" or move it somewhere, and rename the snapshot to "mx".
Tanner Rogers
motokid499

Post by motokid499 »

btrill135 wrote:when i try to play on a server it says: Fixed file mismatch
Didn't see this. I'm not sure. Did your 1.10 work online?
Tanner Rogers
btrill135

Post by btrill135 »

I downloaded and installed 1-10 and didnt try playing until i downloaded this snapshot. I have no problems playing solo but online i continue to get that message
motokid499

Post by motokid499 »

btrill135 wrote:I downloaded and installed 1-10 and didnt try playing until i downloaded this snapshot. I have no problems playing solo but online i continue to get that message
I'm not sure. I think other people were having this problem though. Refer to this thread: http://forum.mxsimulator.com/viewtopic. ... 7&start=75 Should be somewhere in there.
Tanner Rogers
btrill135

Post by btrill135 »

I'll look again but ive already browsed through there and cant find a solution, hopefully JLV can help. Probably something just not in the right folder but im not an expert on this stuff so i dont want to go moving things without knowing whats up lol
motokid499

Post by motokid499 »

jlv wrote:If you're getting a fixed file mismatch, can you verify that the menu says "Version 1.10" at the bottom right?

You might also want to do "/listfiles zzz" and check that you have zzzs.saf through zzzz.saf.
jlv wrote:Can you try "/listfiles generic_frame" and "/listfiles generic_rider"?

For generic_frame you should get this:
generic_frame.shp -> C:/Program Files/MX Simulator/zzzs.saf
generic_frame.shp.gz -> C:/Program Files/MX Simulator/zzzz.saf

For generic_rider you should get this:
generic_rider.shp.gz -> C:/Program Files/MX Simulator/zzzw.saf
generic_rider.shp.gz -> C:/Program Files/MX Simulator/zzzx.saf
generic_rider.shp.gz -> C:/Program Files/MX Simulator/zzzz.saf
Tanner Rogers