Dont get Windows 10 Unless....

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
Veikkeli

Re: Dont get Windows 10 Unless....

Post by Veikkeli »

I upgraded to Win10 and now when I start MX Simulator, the screen doesn't refresh unless I go to desktop and back. I can't explain this very well in English.
kxrider199
Team: Privateer

Post by kxrider199 »

Veikkeli wrote:I upgraded to Win10 and now when I start MX Simulator, the screen doesn't refresh unless I go to desktop and back. I can't explain this very well in English.
Try reinstalling MXS.
Veikkeli

Post by Veikkeli »

kxrider199 wrote:
Veikkeli wrote:I upgraded to Win10 and now when I start MX Simulator, the screen doesn't refresh unless I go to desktop and back. I can't explain this very well in English.
Try reinstalling MXS.
That was the first thing I did. Three times.
kxrider199

Post by kxrider199 »

It could be a bad Windows 10 install. I have heard of many problems with that.
dbaum25moto
Team: DBD

Post by dbaum25moto »

Make sure you have the newest drivers, Im pretty sure all cards support win10 now If you update the drivers
Veikkeli

Post by Veikkeli »

kxrider199 wrote:It could be a bad Windows 10 install. I have heard of many problems with that.
Yeah, it failed for me the first time but I did clean install it and everything else is working properly.
dbaum25moto wrote:Make sure you have the newest drivers, Im pretty sure all cards support win10 now If you update the drivers
I've updated them several times.

HOWEVER, yesterday I decided to give Sim a go once again and it worked perfectly. I have no idea what has happened, I haven't tried to adjust anything. Might be Windows updates?
vmaki

Post by vmaki »

Veikkeli wrote:
kxrider199 wrote:It could be a bad Windows 10 install. I have heard of many problems with that.
Yeah, it failed for me the first time but I did clean install it and everything else is working properly.
dbaum25moto wrote:Make sure you have the newest drivers, Im pretty sure all cards support win10 now If you update the drivers

HOWEVER, yesterday I decided to give Sim a go once again and it worked perfectly. I have no idea what has happened, I haven't tried to adjust anything. Might be Windows updates?
Do you have two monitors? I have my tv as a second monitor and if I duplicate my desktop to both screens mxs will start frozen. I can alt tab out and everything else works. If I extend the desktop or use just one output mxs works just fine!
Veikkeli

Post by Veikkeli »

vmaki wrote:
Veikkeli wrote:

Do you have two monitors? I have my tv as a second monitor and if I duplicate my desktop to both screens mxs will start frozen. I can alt tab out and everything else works. If I extend the desktop or use just one output mxs works just fine!
Interesting, I do in fact have a TV as a second monitor, duplicated as well. It didn't matter though if it was on or off. And as I said, it's now working regardless of the TV.
blind bryan

Post by blind bryan »

Ok so windows decided that it wanted to update me to windows 10. It scheduled it and ran the update (no big deal).

BUT..... now i'm getting like 10fps instead of the 125fps that I have always had.
I updated the graphics card drivers and the display drivers, restarted the computer and still nothing...

I know its kinda hard to diagnose these things over the internet, but any ideas would be awesome. Thanks guys!
aeffertz
Team: Studio ATE

Post by aeffertz »

I recently updated to Windows 10, as much as I resent it. Haven't noticed any performance issues for MXS. I have other issues, like the game not opening on the first try and just Windows being slower in general, but I digress...

What I would do, is run Display Driver uninstaller, which completely removes all the driver information for your hardware.

http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/dis ... nload.html

Then once your computer is restarted, go ahead and download/reinstall all the necessary drivers and software. Using the upgrade feature from one OS to another can cause weird issues. I guess another thing I'd check is make sure you're using your graphics card and not the onboard graphics (if applicable).
blind bryan

Post by blind bryan »

Thanks aeffertz, I got it back running awesome. I had to reinstall my NVidia stuff and play around a bit with settings. Fps is back at 125, (not that it does me any good since I can't even qualify for AMs haha)
FOLEY153

Post by FOLEY153 »

so will I have to reinstall sim
aeffertz
Team: Studio ATE

Post by aeffertz »

Not if you choose to keep your files during the upgrade.
John23

Post by John23 »

Is this still an issue? I'm building a new PC and debating between 8.1 again, or upgrading to 10. Thoughts?
jlv wrote:This post is useless.
Racers52

Post by Racers52 »

John23 wrote:Is this still an issue? I'm building a new PC and debating between 8.1 again, or upgrading to 10. Thoughts?

Looks like windows 7 is your best bet