MX Simulator Server Hosting (FlowTech)

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
Holt_619
Team: FlowTech Racing

MX Simulator Server Hosting (FlowTech)

Post by Holt_619 »

Hey everyone,

So this has been available for quite some time, but I never felt it was ready to be announced until now. The control panel is finally stable and easy to use.

Information
All servers are currently $15 a month. This was created as a way to help pay for the websites hosted by us. We can currently fund everything with our existing users, but we want to start improving on some things that we know will require server upgrades.

All servers are located in the US (Arizona) and are running on SSD's with premium network bandwidth.

Visit the Website

Feature Overview
-Completely Custom Control Panel
-Mobile Optimized Mode
-View Server Stats in Dashboard
-Unlimited Player Slots
-Let Friends Use Your Control Panel
-Live Timing
-Player List w/ Commands
-Automatically Updating Player List
-Broadcast Messages to Entire Server or a Single Rider
-Editable Ban List
-Drag and Drop Upload Trackinfo Files
-Editable Track List
-Track List Presets
-Track List Changes Update In-Game Without Shutting Down the Server
-Customized Settings
-Drag and Drop Upload Scripts
-Execute/Preview/Edit Scripts
-Download Server-Recorded Demos
-Live Server Chat
-Server Log
-Race Hosting Apps
-Host a Series on MXSLobby

Overview Video

v1.1 Update Video

Feature Requests
You can request features and they will be listed here.

Automatic Player List Updating
Request: Update the player lists automatically so the page doesn't need to be refreshed to see the correct player list.
Completed Feature Description: The player list and server stats now update automatically every 20 seconds. There is also a new refresh button on the player list box that will refresh everything manually.

Live Timing
Request: A live timing box that shows who is in what position and also their lap times.
Completed Feature Description: The live timing list updates along with the server's refresh rate and shows info such as best lap, best lap time, last lap, last lap time, current position, name, bike, uid, number, status, and gap to next position. There is also a shareable link so anybody can see the live timing for a server.

Support System
Request: Currently the support system is all email-based. A dedicated support ticket system within the control panel is being developed.
Completed Feature Description: There is now an integrated support system in the dashboard menu!

Track List on Main Page Toggle
Request: Show the track list on the main dashboard page. Also, add a setting to turn this display on and off.
Completed Feature Description: This was a feature request that was added into the control panel. It is now possible to toggle the tracklist to show up on the main dashboard. This allows you to easily view and select tracks from the main page instead of switching to the tracks page.

Owner Information
Request: Add a log of every time a server page is accessed for each specific server.
Completed Feature Description: There is a new page for server owners only that will show them information about the access to their server. Each time a page is accessed on their control panel, it will be added to the access log along with information about who accessed it, when, and where they did it from. There is also a table that lists user information of all users currently controlling the server.

Server Demo Downloads
Request: Make an archive of the server-recorded demos and make them available for listing and downloading.
Completed Feature Description: There is now a new downloads page in the control panel. From there, you can download any of the demos the server has recorded. There is an option to delete all demo files as well. A public version of the demo list can also be found on the public server pages. The public version will only list the most recent 25 demos from the server, while the private list will show all demos currently saved to the server. You can also download your uploaded trackinfo files from the new page.

Live Server Chat
Request: Be able to easily view the server chat from the control panel
Completed Feature Description: There is a new section on the main dashboard page which shows a live updating view of the server chat.

Default Preset Change
Request: Make the default preset contain all trackinfo's you have uploaded to the server with the amount of laps and time set as default in the server settings.

Toggleable UI Elements
Request: With the completion of the toggleable track list, it is obvious that the next step will be to allow other elements of the interface to be toggleable on and off.
Last edited by Holt_619 on Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:30 am, edited 19 times in total.
nickuzick

Re: MX Simulator Server Hosting (FlowTech)

Post by nickuzick »

I love my server Sammy, I'll keep paying until I'm broke. Seriously guys if you're thinking of buying a server I strongly suggest one of these!
Holt_619

Post by Holt_619 »

Thanks Nick!
model_90
Team: Heemlock

Post by model_90 »

Peters as sharp as a mouse dick-Ol' PizzaChet
mxsrider96
Team: PoGo

Post by mxsrider96 »

These servers are for fuckbois who like to run through the six with their woes
WAR CRY <3
Sun Burn
model_90
Team: Heemlock

Post by model_90 »

mxsrider96 wrote:These servers are for fuckbois who like to run through the six with their woes
Peters as sharp as a mouse dick-Ol' PizzaChet
Holt_619

Post by Holt_619 »

Added automatic player list and server stats refreshing.
Holt_619 wrote: Automatic Player List Updating
Request: Update the player lists automatically so the page doesn't need to be refreshed to see the correct player list.
Completed Feature Description: The player list and server stats now update automatically every 20 seconds. There is also a new refresh button on the player list box that will refresh everything manually.
Holt_619

Post by Holt_619 »

Added live timing.
Holt_619 wrote: Live Timing
Request: A live timing box that shows who is in what position and also their lap times.
Completed Feature Description: The live timing list updates along with the server's refresh rate and shows info such as best lap, best lap time, last lap, last lap time, current position, name, bike, uid, number. There is also a shareable link so anybody can see the live timing for a server.
In-Progress: Gaps between two positions are being worked on and will be released in a future update.
Holt_619

Post by Holt_619 »

Completed a public view of your server's information on the server list. It shows the server IP, current track, player list, live timing, and current track list.
broland278
Team: MotoSavage

Post by broland278 »

Started up a series with these guys and a server, and its amazing! Flowtech for the win! Great job guys
H3CT1KRider
Team: RetardedStunts

Post by H3CT1KRider »

What server panel are you using? That looks epic need something similar for my little private server :P
Retarded Stunts team manager and leader.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

H3CT1KRider wrote:What server panel are you using? That looks epic need something similar for my little private server :P
I'm quite sure that the functionality, he has "created" himself. However the "style" seems to be this one.
Holt_619

Post by Holt_619 »

Wahlamt wrote:
H3CT1KRider wrote:What server panel are you using? That looks epic need something similar for my little private server :P
I'm quite sure that the functionality, he has "created" himself. However the "style" seems to be this one.
Yeah the design is definitely a version of that control panel base, but I actually use one of the paid versions since this isn't a free service and I feel that it would be unethical to use a free base. But yes, the functionality is all custom. If you're wondering, it's a combination of bash scripts, php, and python. The MXSLobby site provided a good base for logins and some classes I had already built for the site, but if you're looking to build something from the ground up I'd probably try to avoid using any python.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

Holt_619 wrote:But I actually use one of the paid versions since this isn't a free service and I feel that it would be unethical to use a free base.
Very respectful and professional way to deal with it.
Holt_619 wrote:But yes, the functionality is all custom. If you're wondering, it's a combination of bash scripts, php, and python. The MXSLobby site provided a good base for logins and some classes I had already built for the site, but if you're looking to build something from the ground up I'd probably try to avoid using any python.
Thanks for the insight! I've wanted to try and build my own simple server control system just for fun, for my personal local server. I'm just waiting for my pine64 to come, so I can run a linux OS on a server.
Holt_619

Post by Holt_619 »

Added integrated support system.

[quote=Holt_619]Support System
Request: Currently the support system is all email-based. A dedicated support ticket system within the control panel is being developed.
Completed Feature Description: There is now an integrated support system in the dashboard menu![/quote]

Also migrated the servers and dashboard to a new fully dedicated server.