bdownen323

2015 Monster Energy Cup Replica Event - November 2nd

Post by bdownen323 »

CLICK HERE FOR FINAL RESULTS

Track Links and Password

HIGH RES: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9c1ufwave6lap ... h.rar?dl=0

LOW RES: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3b60t13eqbp4e ... w.rar?dl=0

PASSWORD: QfxvY6_dbX7RrUvy-L

[center]-------------------------------------------------------------------------OLD POST-------------------------------------------------------------------------[/center]

After Checkerz branded his event as the Red Bull Straight Rhythm replica, I decided to follow the trend and brand mine as the 2015 Monster Energy Cup! This race will be run a week after Straight Rhythm to get your bank account settled up, then you will be back into full tryhard mode! Sammy from MXSLobby.com has agreed to help out with some logistics of this event, and I am excited to get this thing rolling!

Event and Track Information
  • Timed qualifying is tentatively set to begin Monday, November 2nd, 2015 at 8:00PM Eastern Time (one hour before rF time), with racing to follow immediately.
  • The 2015 Monster Energy Cup track will be released (password protected) Two hours before the scheduled beginning of practice, and the password will be released 15 minutes prior to the beginning of practice.
  • Motoagogo will be providing live coverage of the entire 2015 Monster Energy Cup, beginning with qualifying and running through the last main event!
Rider Skins
Please post all skins for the 2015 Monster Energy Cup in THIS THREAD. Motoagogo can then download skins from that thread so you can be seen on the stream. Just using off season skins? Great, but please still post them in that thread.

Event Classes
  • Open Cup Class
  • To race this class, you must be someone who holds an rF pro license and has scored at least one rF pro point in your career.
  • 250 All-Star Class
  • This class will be open to anybody who has not podiumed two or more rF 450 races (SX main or outdoor overall), won 3 or more 250 races (MX overall or SX main) in one series during the 2014 or 2015 season, or who is currently holding an rF career number (this includes anyone who just earned one).
Signup Information
  • THIS IS A PAY-TO-RACE EVENT! Payments must be made in order to sign up. You ARE NOT paying for the track. You are just paying to race.
  • The 250 All-Star Class will be a $5 USD entry fee. The top 5 in this class will receive a refund for their entry fee, and the rest of the money will go to the race organizers.
  • The Open Cup Class will be a $10 USD entry fee, and will have 100% payback to the riders. No money from this class will go towards the hosts of the event. EVERYBODY who qualifies for the 22-man main event in this class will get paid!
  • ALL MONEY MUST BE SENT HERE IN ORDER TO SIGN UP. Once you send your money, please send me a PM on the forum with the subject "2015 MEC Signup: *Your Name*." Include your name, UID, race number, class, and PayPal email address. Upon receipt of your PM, I will match your signup to your payment (I'm studying accounting, I got this) and manually add you to the signup list. You will receive a PM when your signup is added.
  • Signups will close Monday, November 2, 2015 at 2:00PM Central US Time. Signups will no longer be accepted after that time. Payment must be made before entering for the race.
Group Signups
If you and a friend plan to sign up as a group, please note that I am not allowing group discounts. However, if you plan to sign up for yourself and a friend (i.e. two Open Cup racers send in $20 to sign up both of them), all applicable prize money will go to the PayPal email used in the donation. You can divvy it up from there if you'd like.

Event Rules
Please Note: Failure to abide by these rules (depending on severity of infractions) will result in penalties ranging from docking positions to docking laps to disqualification and immediate removal from the event. All money paid will be forfeited in the case of a disqualification.
  • No course cutting! If you deliberately cut the course and it is seen by a moderator or streamer, event organizers will be notified.
  • Open Cup Class riders MUST USE THE JOKER LANE ONLY ONE TIME PER MAIN EVENT. Failure to do so will result in a five position penalty.
  • Lapped riders must do whatever they can to avoid interfering with the race for the lead. Lappers with a blue bar of under 1.0 seconds are strongly encouraged to move, as crashes resulting from negligence of a lapper will result in penalties to the lapped rider.
  • Dirty racing will NOT be tolerated! I know things happen, but this event is meant to bring the best riders in the game together for great racing. I will be saving demos for each race, and may review races immediately following completion if needed.
  • Formal protests must be made via PM (use "2015 MEC Protest: *Rider Name*" as your subject line) before 11:59PM Central Time on November 3, 2015. I may not review protests immediately (I have an exam on the 4th at 9AM), but I will do my best to review protests quickly.
  • Prizes will not be distributed until protests have been completed.
  • Use common sense. I may not have outlined something here, but if you think about doing something and think "Somebody might ban me for this," I suggest you don't do it.
  • If you have a question about something that may be a good rule, please ask it here! If it is relevant enough, I will post it in this thread as a rule.
Qualifying Procedures
  • The Open Cup Class and 250 All-Stars Class will run TWO TIMED SESSIONS OF QUALIFYING. The Open Cup Class will qualify in the night's racing server (tentatively official.mxslobby.com:19800) and the 250 All-Star Class will qualify in a separate moderated server.
  • Qualifying sessions for the 250 All-Star and Open Cup Class will be on a separate 2015 Monster Energy Cup "Qualifying" track.
  • Any riders intentionally interfering with the qualifying of another rider will be docked their fastest lap, or in the case of a severe infraction (i.e. WFO punting someone while during qualifying), disqualified from the event, and all money paid will be forefeited.
  • Timed qualifying sessions for the 250 All-Star and Open Cup Class will be generated via script. Each class will likely have three qualifying groups (A, B, and C) which will each run two 8-minute sessions. Additional sessions or servers may be required in the case of high attendance. Each server will have a maximum of three (3) sessions on the qualifying track that will allow 25 riders on the track at once.
  • The top 18 riders from each class will qualify directly into the main events. The remaining positions will be decided by an LCQ.
2015 Monster Energy Cup Event Schedule
*NOTE: ALL TIMES POSTED ARE IN EASTERN STANDARD TIME.
  • 7:45PM: Track password is released and servers begin to open.
  • 8:00PM: Qualifying begins. Scripts will be pre-loaded into the servers, so please be ready in your server for qualifying to start.
  • 9:00PM (or 5 minutes after after the final timed qualifying session, whichever comes second): UID's grabbed for racing and opening ceremonies begin at http://twitch.com/motoagogo while I build race scripts.
  • Open Cup Class Last Chance Qualifier (6 laps, 22 riders, top 4 transfer to main events)
  • 250 All-Star Class LCQ (5 laps, 22 riders, top 4 transfer to main events
  • Open Cup Class Main Event #1 (10 laps, 22 riders)
  • 250 All-Star Class Main Event #1 (6 laps, 22 riders)
  • Open Cup Class Main Event #2 (10 laps, 22 riders)
  • 250 All-Star Class Main Event #2 (6 laps, 22 riders)
  • Open Cup Class Main Event #3 (10 laps, 22 riders)
Prizes
Want to donate to a special prize such as a holeshot award that you don't see here? PM me and let's talk!
  • The Open Cup Class will feature a 100% payback! Every dollar of entry fees for this class will be paid back to the riders, along with a potential 10% bonus to anyone who can sweep all three main events! Payout is based on the AMA Supercross payout scale by percentage.
  • The 250 All-Star Class will feature entry fee refunds to the top 5 finishers in each class.
Special prizes donated by Bryan Haskell (ShackAttack12)
  • $50 for any 2 stroke that wins the overall in the pro class. The person must ride a 2 stroke in all 3 races.
  • 5$ per race in the pro class to any 2 stroke that can pull a holeshot.
  • 5$ to any 2 stroke who who qualifies in the top 5 in the pro class.
  • $5 bonus to anyone who wins a race on a 450 in the pro class other then the following; 2011/2013 RMZ450, 2011/2013 KTM450, 2011 CR450F.
  • $5 bonus to anyone who wins any race in the pro class on a 2 stroke.
DISCLAIMER AND COMMUNITY REQUEST
Disclaimer: This race is NOT meant to be a predecessor for future paid racing! Free racing is what drives this community. I plan to host free races in the future, and this is a one-off deal. Also, YOU ARE NOT PAYING FOR THE TRACK WHEN YOU SIGN UP FOR THIS RACE. You are paying for the racing experience. The track will be released for free without a password as soon as this event concludes.
I respectfully request that nobody in the MXS community run an event on this track without consent from me until after December 3rd, 2015.

Feel free to discuss below! I hope to make this the coolest event it can possibly be.
Last edited by bdownen323 on Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:42 am, edited 16 times in total.
MX PRODIGY 17
Team: TBR

Re: 2015 Monster Energy Cup Replica Event - November 2nd

Post by MX PRODIGY 17 »

I'll be doing a first person camera from my POV as well.

http://www.twitch.tv/mxprodigy17

if you wanna check her out, follow now so you remember :wink:
KaseoDip
Village Idiot
Team: Tegridy Farms

Post by KaseoDip »

What is with all this "pay to race" bullshit that's happening now.. The only reason I donated to Chris was because he has done soooo much for this community. I hope this isn't becoming the new thing to do or this game just went to garbage.
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

Looks good Byron. I'll probably be there.
nickuzick

Post by nickuzick »

KaseoDip wrote:What is with all this "pay to race" bullshit that's happening now.. The only reason I donated to Chris was because he has done soooo much for this community. I hope this isn't becoming the new thing to do or this game just went to garbage.
You paid for iRacing
BGnastyy905
Team: Tagger Designs

Post by BGnastyy905 »

So sick can't wait! Thanks Byron :mrgreen:
@taggerdesigns #ScreamingCreative
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

nickuzick wrote:
KaseoDip wrote:What is with all this "pay to race" bullshit that's happening now.. The only reason I donated to Chris was because he has done soooo much for this community. I hope this isn't becoming the new thing to do or this game just went to garbage.
You paid for iRacing
iRacing wasn't free, then suddenly someone decided they can make a model for skin, then suddenly everyone realizes you can make a penny or two off of literally anything.
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

make a model for $* Sorry
Cody Darr
Team: Start Your Systems

Post by Cody Darr »

bdownen323 wrote:
Event Classes
  • Open Cup Class
  • To race this class, you must be someone who holds an rF pro license and meets one or more of the following criteria:
  • Currently holds an rF career number
  • Holds an rF national number for the past two consecutive seasons and has scored at least 25 points in either the 450SX or 450MX series (25 combined is not acceptable)
  • Holds an rF national for the 2015 or upcoming 2016 season and scored at least 75 points in either the 450SX or MX championship in doing so (again, cannot combine series)
So where does this leave me? I do not meet any of your requirements but I have been running Pro since rF started. Am I going to be grandfathered in?
2011 LRS Monday Night local Series 125 Pro Champion
jlv wrote:What a dope! He should have saved that move for the last lap like Cody Darr!
Cody Darr
Team: Start Your Systems

Post by Cody Darr »

Never mind that thought, I'll just save my money.
2011 LRS Monday Night local Series 125 Pro Champion
jlv wrote:What a dope! He should have saved that move for the last lap like Cody Darr!
Rush
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Balenciaga

Post by Rush »

Dang, I really wanted to ride open pro
Jared133mx wrote:if you have anything else to say you can shoot my mom a message :wink:
bdownen323

Post by bdownen323 »

Cody Darr wrote:Never mind that thought, I'll just save my money.
I honestly hadn't thought of someone like you, Darr. In your case I would let you ride the Open class. Rush, it's nothing personal to not have you in the Open Pro class. If you are good on a 250, you will hopefully find good racing in that class and potentially finish up towards the front. The point of pushing fast people to higher classes is to give the "other" guys a chance to get the feeling of being up front.
Mxkid823
Team: SPINC

Post by Mxkid823 »

I honestly don't mind the idea of paying for racing if it seems well run, and the promoter puts time into it. The problem I see, maybe just with this event, is that qualifying takes place after you pay. So I'm just some squid who plays the game for fun and probably won't qualify for the Amateur class, but in order to find out I have to pay first? So if 100 people pay the $5 entry, but only 1/5 of them make it, those people who didn't make it paid to ride a public track in a public server just as someone who didn't pay could. I guess this is the same as any real life race where you pay and then have to qualify, but it just doesn't seem the same when it's virtual.
2019 BRMXS Amat Supercross Part 1 [NA] 450SX Champion
3 - rF Amateur [NA] SX Wins (Oakland & Houston 2019; Atlanta 2020)
1 - MXSEMF Amateur [NA] SX Win (Minneapolis 2019)
bdownen323

Post by bdownen323 »

I understand where you're coming from, and that is something I'm trying to remedy by making the LCQ's longer. I would say it isn't just riding in the server for an hour, it really does have that "qualifying" feel to it when it's everybody from your racing class in that server. The current system allows 40 people to race per class, whether it be main events or LCQ's.
seth_62
Team: Privateer

Post by seth_62 »

are the 2016 rf supercross races gonna cost money?