WHOOPS WTF RAGE QUIT EVERY TIME CAUSE OF EM'

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
motocrazed762
Team: LK Designs (Forming)

WHOOPS WTF RAGE QUIT EVERY TIME CAUSE OF EM'

Post by motocrazed762 »

how in the hell you get all the way across them like i get half way then i some how do a fucking barrel roll or ill just go spinning and flying like wtf i have tryed pros setups for supercross watched 50 million whoop tutorials and its still fucking doing it i changed and tryed tons of different suspension and gearing setups and its stilll FREAKIN DOING IT!!!!!!!! HELP!!!!!!!
Quinn Roberts
JJH186
Team: VMRacing

Re: WHOOPS WTF RAGE QUIT EVERY TIME CAUSE OF EM'

Post by JJH186 »

motocrazed762 wrote:how in the hell you get all the way across them like i get half way then i some how do a fucking barrel roll or ill just go spinning and flying like wtf i have tryed pros setups for supercross watched 50 million whoop tutorials and its still fucking doing it i changed and tryed tons of different suspension and gearing setups and its stilll FREAKIN DOING IT!!!!!!!! HELP!!!!!!!
Depends on what whoops, in 2015 supercross a lot of tracks have different types of whoops so the techniques are different for them. A lot of the time you just lean back on every whoop (dont lean back the whole time, but lean back on every whoop.)
LKR47
Team: LCQ Studios

Post by LKR47 »

Or dont lean back at all and just control your throttle. Theres different ways of doing it just keep practicing and dont rage lol
HuffenPuffer801
Team: Privateer

Post by HuffenPuffer801 »

I guessing your rather new at the game but, you don't need to go through them as fast as you can, start off slow through them and slowly make your way up

I'll post a helpful video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJa-sZK ... rX&index=1
HUFFENPUFFER801
motocrazed762

Post by motocrazed762 »

HuffenPuffer801 wrote:I guessing your rather new at the game but, you don't need to go through them as fast as you can, start off slow through them and slowly make your way up

I'll post a helpful video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJa-sZK ... rX&index=1

nah ive been playing for about 6 months so not that new but still i cant do it worth my life lol
Quinn Roberts
VMX_SKYmx99
Team: BOMR

Post by VMX_SKYmx99 »

I'm going on 6 or 7 years and still struggle with whoops. Lol. 15 years of rainbow games is hard to forget. I always get in a hurry. :mrgreen:
dylan22

Post by dylan22 »

This is a very fast, unorganized demonstration but I don't have much time. Basically come into the whoops straight as you can, keep your bike 1st pinned. and Keep your rider neutral on the bike. Make minor left or right adjustments but try keep the rider as neutral as possible. After a while you will make corrections without even thinking about it. once your confident you can try shift up a few gears like my last couple.

motokid499
Team: Phil's

Post by motokid499 »

Is it even possible to crash in those whoops though Dylan? I've gone 5th wide into them and I still haven't been able to get my back end to step out of line, those whoops on that track are just super easy I think. I think OP is more talking about 2015 rF sx style whoops, because I would understand if someone was having difficulty in them.

One tip I can say setup-wise, is your advanced stability wont handle whoops very well if its "rolly". Not loose/fast turning, but rolly, if that makes sense. Rule of thumb for me is to always have my steering damping at least 10 under my roll damping. Of course it's preference, but for me I get a much more in-control and stable feeling when I do this. People often assume its a suspension problem but once you perfect the technique you can pretty much use any suspension setup and get through decently clean. I used to make my suspension specifically for the whoops because I knew it was my weak point, but I focus more on bottoming resistance and cornering now, just because I've learnt the proper technique on the game. While I can give you tips, in the end you just have to practice. You get better at whoops the more you do them, it's like a feel for the game you just develop over time, and can't really be taught.

If you post your suspension setup and advanced stability along with your rider spring and damping settings I can point out things that may be causing you to struggle, but its just practice man. The way you describe it makes it sound like you are getting sketchy and then over correcting and crashing, if you start to get sketchy in the whoops, honestly there is little you can do except hold er pinned. Trying to correct yourself by jamming the analog stick the other way is the last thing you want to do.

Good luck!
Tanner Rogers
dylan22

Post by dylan22 »

Yeah come into them on a decent angle and you'll crash for sure. I've been in elimination races on this track and seen every rider bin it in them at some point. It doesn't matter the whoop section the principle is the same, this is just the track I had ready to go in single player.
motocrazed762

Post by motocrazed762 »

motokid499 wrote:Is it even possible to crash in those whoops though Dylan? I've gone 5th wide into them and I still haven't been able to get my back end to step out of line, those whoops on that track are just super easy I think. I think OP is more talking about 2015 rF sx style whoops, because I would understand if someone was having difficulty in them.

One tip I can say setup-wise, is your advanced stability wont handle whoops very well if its "rolly". Not loose/fast turning, but rolly, if that makes sense. Rule of thumb for me is to always have my steering damping at least 10 under my roll damping. Of course it's preference, but for me I get a much more in-control and stable feeling when I do this. People often assume its a suspension problem but once you perfect the technique you can pretty much use any suspension setup and get through decently clean. I used to make my suspension specifically for the whoops because I knew it was my weak point, but I focus more on bottoming resistance and cornering now, just because I've learnt the proper technique on the game. While I can give you tips, in the end you just have to practice. You get better at whoops the more you do them, it's like a feel for the game you just develop over time, and can't really be taught.

If you post your suspension setup and advanced stability along with your rider spring and damping settings I can point out things that may be causing you to struggle, but its just practice man. The way you describe it makes it sound like you are getting sketchy and then over correcting and crashing, if you start to get sketchy in the whoops, honestly there is little you can do except hold er pinned. Trying to correct yourself by jamming the analog stick the other way is the last thing you want to do.

Good luck!

ya actually it is possible I crash on any freakin whoops idk lol
Quinn Roberts
al167
Team: Privateer

Post by al167 »

I struggle on the 14,15 sx whoops too, and I feel its due to my controller mapping. i run both the steering and lean on the left stick. I havnt bothered to change as I'm too used to it, but a lot of guys run the forward/back lean on a separate stick(right stick) to the steering(left stick) so that you can yank back without slightly steering and thus not putting the bike off axis.
SOAB_465

Post by SOAB_465 »

al167 wrote:I struggle on the 14,15 sx whoops too, and I feel its due to my controller mapping. i run both the steering and lean on the left stick. I havnt bothered to change as I'm too used to it, but a lot of guys run the forward/back lean on a separate stick(right stick) to the steering(left stick) so that you can yank back without slightly steering and thus not putting the bike off axis.
I run the same controller style, and it doesn't have any negative effects. The main thing is really just practising enough to get comfortable. I used to swap every lap on 2011 Indianapolis, but after you get a feel for it you can go into 2015 whoops even if you're off-axis a bit and still ride it out. You just need throttle control and a really smooth touch on the steering. You also don't want to lean all the way back most of the time. It's more of a quick pull to get your bike level jumping in, and then you ride it out in a more neutral position on the bike, maybe slightly back.
blind bryan

Post by blind bryan »

loved all the imput here guys! just since this thread started ive gotten much better at whoops. My main problem now is the 2015sx step on step offs. Is there a good way to get lift off of the tables or is everyone just quading them or what? I can get the concept down on the 2013 and earlyer ones but the 2015 ones are hard as eff.