Advanced Post-Processing in MX Simulator

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
LKR47
Team: LCQ Studios

Re: Advanced Post-Processing in MX Simulator

Post by LKR47 »

I was actually working on a reshade config but yours definitely looks better. Although Im getting ~10-15 fps on a gtx970 and fx8350 with drivers updated. Im going to tinker around with the config a little bit. Good work.
mxsrider96
Team: PoGo

Post by mxsrider96 »

Is there anyway to change the toggle on/off key? My keyboard LEDs are controlled by the scroll lock key and if the LEDs aren't on, I can't see anything on it :P
WAR CRY <3
Sun Burn
Big Smooth one3
Team: TMFR [Aulmni]

Post by Big Smooth one3 »

mxsrider96 wrote:Is there anyway to change the toggle on/off key? My keyboard LEDs are controlled by the scroll lock key and if the LEDs aren't on, I can't see anything on it :P
This what you're looking for? Haven't had the chance to DL and test, only read the OP, so forgive me if I'm misunderstanding the Q.
lars@crossmag wrote:Configuration:
If everything worked accordingly, you can now start with customizing your configuration to your likings (or just keep my cofiguration). Therefore you go back to your installation directory where you pasted the files into and open the MasterEffect.h file with your favorite text editor. I myself prefer Sublime Text, but any other editor like Notepad ++ for instance is just fine.

The first things you can edit in there is setting a key for toggling the filters on and off, as well as enabling the splitscreen mode that I used for my comparison shots
Aggressively Mediocre Image
lars@crossmag

Post by lars@crossmag »

Thanks for the continued interest guys. As I've said I worked on optimisation today. This is what I came up with. I uploaded these three different configurations and they're all made for different kind of PCs and usages.

Best Optimization:
This is a config I'm really liking for the all-day like usage. It's not that heavy on the performance and only causes a FPS drop of maximum 15-20 frames from your usual framerate while still keeping all the key features. It uses the following effects: Technicolor color correction, Curves, Lenzflare, Depth of Field (very subtle and optimized though), sharpening, grain/noise, SMAA and the HD6 Vignette overlay. I'm getting constant 110-125 FPS with this.
https://mega.nz/#!fQAUTTDQ!hoOg89qMxp2i ... 28FZ3IHsRk

Medium Optimization:
This config is more like a combination of better quality visual effect quality but yet with a solid and a still usable framerate. It's a bit of a heavier hit and creates a drop of 25-40 FPS yet being still pretty smooth and playable. It uses the following effects: Technicolor color correction, Curves, Lenzflare, Godrays, Depth of Field (more accurate and distinctive than in the config above), sharpening, grain/noise, SMAA and the HD6 Vignette overlay. I'm getting constant 85-100 FPS with this.
https://mega.nz/#!SBJhTTaC!Y8LVc-C9SHA_ ... iaQrbc8xKA

High End PC Optimization:
This one is made for really fast computers, or screenshotting only. It's totally set up for high quality rendering and refining the features I used in the samples above. Also it's the only configuration that uses the really performance intensive Ambient Occlusion (HBAO) feature as well as a 16 bit rendering bitrate. This config uses the following effects: Technicolor color correction, Curves, Lenzflare, Godrays, Depth of Field (Very accurate and distinctive), ambient occlusion (Raymarch HBAO, very high quality), sharpening, grain/noise, SMAA and the HD6 Vignette overlay.
https://mega.nz/#!jVY2TRqK!0t_SxhDM3Q33 ... NKNaD5VAls
mxsrider96 wrote:Is there anyway to change the toggle on/off key? My keyboard LEDs are controlled by the scroll lock key and if the LEDs aren't on, I can't see anything on it :P
Here is link to a full table of the so-called Virtual-Key Codes. Just search for the key you want to replace the scroll-lock with and exchange the value on line 14 of the MasterEffect.h config file.
https://msdn.microsoft.com/de-de/librar ... s.85).aspx
LKR47

Post by LKR47 »

The toggle key definition is in the first line of the MasterEffect header file. The keys are set in hex so you can find a list of all keys in hex here -> https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee504832.aspx
LKR47

Post by LKR47 »

DP but Ive come across something interesting. If I have vsync on my frames hover around 11 when its supposed to be locked at 60. With vsync off my frames stay at the max sim allows (which I think is 125 but it jumps around so fast I cant really tell) and never drops below 120.
lars@crossmag

Post by lars@crossmag »

LKR47 wrote:DP but Ive come across something interesting. If I have vsync on my frames hover around 11 when its supposed to be locked at 60. With vsync off my frames stay at the max sim allows (which I think is 125 but it jumps around so fast I cant really tell) and never drops below 120.
That's something that I've noticed as well and found to be very weird. I'd be very happy to hear some feeback about the configurations that I've posted! I'm very interested if these are really speeding up ReShade for every user and not just me haha :lol:
mxsrider96

Post by mxsrider96 »

I'm sold.
WAR CRY <3
Sun Burn
lars@crossmag

Post by lars@crossmag »

Hell yeah that looks pretty sweet Sonny! I think i might already have an idea how to permanently add the helmet visor as an overlay through a option parameter to the game. I'm gonna have a look if I can get that to work tomorrow. So thanks for the inspiration man!

Another goal for tomorrow is working on the color correction and getting a solid profile for my next update so the colors are more balanced and realistic in all kinds of lighting situations. Expect another release with minor improvements and the updated color correction for tomorrow evening.
mxsrider96

Post by mxsrider96 »

Lars this is so fucking awesome. Unbelievable work man
WAR CRY <3
Sun Burn
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

Haven't been able to figure out what's going on here, I thought it was just your main settings but I tried your new configs and it's doing the same thing. I get a max of 12fps in the menus, same on the track. This is using your best optimization config:
http://i.imgur.com/7kHgBJD.png
off:
http://i.imgur.com/ducBd9E.png
Also looks like SMAA isn't working correctly (unless it just isn't as strong as what I normally use), I'm assuming this overrides any forced AA? Vsync is off.

Unless my gtx670 really can't handle this.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
LKR47

Post by LKR47 »

yzmxer608 wrote: Unless my gtx670 really can't handle this.
Same for my 970 which should handle it like cake. Something must be wrong if 11 fps is being achieved by the majority of people using this. Seemed like it got better when I disabled SMAA.
mxsrider96

Post by mxsrider96 »

I was pulling 30 frames on a 970 and an fx6350. Not amazing, but more than I'd expected
WAR CRY <3
Sun Burn
LKR47

Post by LKR47 »

mxsrider96 wrote:I was pulling 30 frames on a 970 and an fx6350. Not amazing, but more than I'd expected
Which config were you using? I have a 970 and 8350 so I should be getting the same if not a little more frames?
kawasakirider616

Post by kawasakirider616 »

I have a i7 5820k and a 980ti and i'm having the same issues as Nate.