The Moto Empire V1.0

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Re: The Moto Empire V1.0

Post by Wahlamt »

22Ryann wrote:No one was supporting it, so i haven't renewed the hosting. For some reason people think a forum post is better.. :roll: :roll: :roll: :?
It's really hard getting people moved from one platform that "everyone" uses to a new other one, unless the have some really exclusive features that immediately switches people over. I tried launching a forum a year or so back, for energy drink collectors. There's been an amazing Swedish one, the community (when people still were active, no one is today, most people quit or are on facebook now doing trades) was wonderful to hang out with. Even though I still don't collect too seriously, especially not doing international trades, a community would have been nice around a common interest. I tried doing some promotion, keep the site up and updated, yet there was only a handful of people signing up. A few posted a bit, but after the 1st week, most people never visited the site again, nor signed up. After about a month without any sign ups, I killed it. I looked at the Swedish one, that pace was slow in the beginning, but they were at least somewhat active on there.

Too bad the site did not become what you expected :(
22Ryann
Team: Thrashedkids

Post by 22Ryann »

I believe i can make it popular but having the time to push towards it is hard. Games are slow, apart from mxsim. But when the time is right ill bring it back in and push it more.
I built another site in the meantime you can check out www.motostats.live - its an alternative to the AMA live timing when the SX is racing on, i will adapt it here soon to work with the outdoors. It shows the racing analytics live. U can click on riders names to add them to a line graph which shows there lap times over the duration of the race,
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

That's pretty cool, good job man.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
22Ryann

Post by 22Ryann »

Put her back up today to stay, Plan on doing some video content to get the place moving.

http://themotoempire.com/
GregDearman
Team: TVCO

Post by GregDearman »

i like the little pop up bubbles in the bottom right when downloading something, thats a nice touch
22Ryann

Post by 22Ryann »

GregDearman wrote:i like the little pop up bubbles in the bottom right when downloading something, thats a nice touch
Cheers Greg!

Also when someone becomes a Recognised Creator on the site, they are able to set a thankyou message as a bubble for when you click download.. to use it as a custom thankyou message or whatever they choose.
GregDearman
Team: TVCO

Post by GregDearman »

22Ryann wrote:when someone becomes a Recognised Creator on the site, they are able to set a thankyou message as a bubble for when you click download.. to use it as a custom thankyou message or whatever they choose.
thats awesome! will bikes and model uploads be possibel in the future? alos can I request a new profile image?
22Ryann

Post by 22Ryann »

Greg,

I will update the site soon so it can be edited by you guys in the profile.