in the pipeline

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
ddmx

Re: in the pipeline

Post by ddmx »

are you talking about the quality of the models?? or the fact that some of them are unavailable to some people??
Voutare
Team: Privateer

Post by Voutare »

I'm optimizing my Washougal replica, and waiting on JLV for the new textures before I release it to you guys.
moorin

Post by moorin »

what i meant buy the sounds need to improve is that the engine noise needs to improve. the way the revs match the sound is far better then any other game i have played on but it still doesn't sound like a motocross bike, liek a 250f would backfire and crackle coming off the power thats all i meant
YAMAHA privateers moorin,
if you aint rubbin you aint dubbin!
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

I reckon it needs another sound mixed with it, one with a lower frequency, so it has a bit of a bark to it
moorin

Post by moorin »

yeh that would make it a bit better but then again a 250f is quite high pitched compared to a 450f. how about a proper rev limiter could that be possible?
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

Yeah, i agree with the rev limiter, ive seen that needle go quite far
moorin

Post by moorin »

i know that a 250f revs really high but the actual noise of the rev limiter needs to be changed to a quick bounce like the revs bouncing off the limiter.
tobz173

Post by tobz173 »

careful with people wanting mva models, its not exactly legal i dont think.

As for sounds, JLV, i'd check the system that R FACTOR uses for their sounds, soooo realistic, fairly simple, but effective.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=_LNU2Gvae0U&feature=related just amazing really, listen to the engine wind up as he clicks through the gears, and the little ratlles n stuff as he comes into corners.
Dont ever question my determination and my will to win - Chad Reed
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

The rev limiter is implemented with negative torques past the redline in the dyno info. I add -1 ft/lb for every 1000 rpms over the redline. Maybe I should raise that? The real numbers would be hard to get since you would need a dyno that actually powers the motor past its redline.

The R Factor sounds are nice, although it's hard to say how well they would work for a single. I looked all over for papers on synthesizing motor noise but it seems like it's a well guarded trade secret.
tobz173

Post by tobz173 »

jlv wrote: The R Factor sounds are nice, although it's hard to say how well they would work for a single. I looked all over for papers on synthesizing motor noise but it seems like it's a well guarded trade secret.

single?

rfactor is pretty open source, you can edit pretty much 100% of anything you want. Their system is fairly easy to understand when your looking at the files, but the most difficult thing would be to get recordings, you could probably get good sound from various helmet cams on youtube or the like.
Dont ever question my determination and my will to win - Chad Reed
moorin

Post by moorin »

dont get me wrong jlv the games awewsome but a proper rev limiter and maybe some crackles and pops form the exhuast would be great
ShackAttack12

Post by ShackAttack12 »

all else aside, i think rider lean (foward back) should be addressed before anything else gets looked at. Its really the only thing holding this game back from being the most realistic motocross game ever. After this is addressed, sound refinements, model refinements, texture mapping refinements, all can be done fairly easily. I say we get the big stuff out of the way right from the get go so it can be tested and tweaked, so that the game structure is established early on.
ShackAttack12
| 2010 Supercross Champ | 2011 Supercross Champ | 2019 Supercross Champ |
wakestyle21

Post by wakestyle21 »

ShackAttack12 wrote:all else aside, i think rider lean (foward back) should be addressed before anything else gets looked at. Its really the only thing holding this game back from being the most realistic motocross game ever. After this is addressed, sound refinements, model refinements, texture mapping refinements, all can be done fairly easily. I say we get the big stuff out of the way right from the get go so it can be tested and tweaked, so that the game structure is established early on.
Agreed...I can't wait for rider lean...cornering will be better, whoops will be better, jumping will be better...basically everything will be better.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

tobz173 wrote:
jlv wrote: The R Factor sounds are nice, although it's hard to say how well they would work for a single. I looked all over for papers on synthesizing motor noise but it seems like it's a well guarded trade secret.

single?

rfactor is pretty open source, you can edit pretty much 100% of anything you want. Their system is fairly easy to understand when your looking at the files, but the most difficult thing would be to get recordings, you could probably get good sound from various helmet cams on youtube or the like.
Single cylinder.

Are you sure it's open source? I can't find any source code on rfactor.net.
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

well... after rider lean i was hoping maybe just maybe there would b a foot of the peg....
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.