Phyiscs..... Ever Heard of Them?

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
MxVelocity747

Re: Phyiscs..... Ever Heard of Them?

Post by MxVelocity747 »

best troll 10/10
"i hope you hang yourself from your shrimp dick" - Jared Siedhoff Image
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

I know you're trying to be as sim as possible, but with the complexity of movement in motocross (you've got yaw, pitch and roll; as opposed to primarily yaw in car racing), you're really dependent on visual feedback to control the bike properly. I think this is an aspect of realism that you should forget about with this simulator, until of course, a force feedback bike controller is available.
RSmithDRIFT
Team: Privateer

Post by RSmithDRIFT »

DJ99X wrote:I know you're trying to be as sim as possible, but with the complexity of movement in motocross (you've got yaw, pitch and roll; as opposed to primarily yaw in car racing), you're really dependent on visual feedback to control the bike properly. I think this is an aspect of realism that you should forget about with this simulator, until of course, a force feedback bike controller is available.
I really want one... I dont understand why it doesnt exist honestly. We've had FFB wheels since 2001 for consoles even...

But I refuse to go above 90. Anything above that is just plain not right. It even looks stupid above 90... like straight lines are clearly curved lol
Ohagan75
Team: Prime Design GFX

Post by Ohagan75 »

RSmithDRIFT wrote:
DJ99X wrote:I know you're trying to be as sim as possible, but with the complexity of movement in motocross (you've got yaw, pitch and roll; as opposed to primarily yaw in car racing), you're really dependent on visual feedback to control the bike properly. I think this is an aspect of realism that you should forget about with this simulator, until of course, a force feedback bike controller is available.
I really want one... I dont understand why it doesnt exist honestly. We've had FFB wheels since 2001 for consoles even...
That's because they are just that, wheels with force feedback. On dirt bikes the bars alone don't do everything that a wheel does in a car. The rider's body postioning and the fact that the bike can tip over all affect how the steering handles. To get it even close you'd have to rig up some fucker like this, which is going to be a novelty at most.

Also just FYI your whole argument on jump shaping is completely irrelevant as your experience with building jumps is for bmx bikes. They have no suspension and the jumps only intention is to get you airtime to do tricks. Race tracks built for mx bikes are completely different in that aspect alone and it's a well known practice to have flat faces on mx jumps to make them ride nicer.
Donate if you like My Creations
aeffertz
Team: Studio ATE

Post by aeffertz »

RSmithDRIFT wrote:
onefoureight wrote:YOU USE 60 FOV IN MX SIM!?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAH
I turn it to 90 when I start getting frustrated. I also turn on arcade mode when that happens. I find blasting a few laps at 90* in arcade mode usually calms me down so I can start trying it in sim mode again. But yes, I use 60* on 3rd person for the first few laps till I get to knwo the track, then switch to 1st person and start riding till I get so frustrated I just cant anymore lol.

How is anything over 90 degrees of FOV cheating? You realize humans have nearly 180 degrees of horizontal FOV, right? There's this thing called periferal vision ya' know.
SMR 510RR

Post by SMR 510RR »

aeffertz wrote:
RSmithDRIFT wrote:
onefoureight wrote:YOU USE 60 FOV IN MX SIM!?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAH
I turn it to 90 when I start getting frustrated. I also turn on arcade mode when that happens. I find blasting a few laps at 90* in arcade mode usually calms me down so I can start trying it in sim mode again. But yes, I use 60* on 3rd person for the first few laps till I get to knwo the track, then switch to 1st person and start riding till I get so frustrated I just cant anymore lol.

How is anything over 90 degrees of FOV cheating? You realize humans have nearly 180 degrees of horizontal FOV, right? There's this thing called periferal vision ya' know.
In car sims the goal is to adjust the on screen FOV to match your IRL FOV. If you imagine your 24" monitor in the middle of your desk is really only at most 60* but in MXS we are setting it to 120* or something so all the angles and distances are out of whack.

If you are interested: http://www.edracing.com/edr/FOV.php
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

Beyond 90 deg. you get perspective distortion. It takes getting used to, but it makes it easier to react to stuff. 113 degs. in first person.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by Phathry25 »

TeamHavocRacing wrote:Beyond 90 deg. you get perspective distortion. It takes getting used to, but it makes it easier to react to stuff. 113 degs. in first person.
What do you use in car sim's though. Everything in MX sim MUST be the same as in car sim's!!!! :evil:
TeamHavocRacing

In car sims I use whatever FOV that allows me to see the rearviews. Otherwise I zoom in until I can see the track well enough ahead. I think Smith will be fine after some counseling from an MXS chaperone. He makes it sound like such a horrible sim. At least JLV suckered him out of 42 bucks! :twisted:
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
ryanmx25

Post by ryanmx25 »

I don't know why you are trying to force all your settings to be the most simulated, you will never have fun. I adjust my settings on what makes me go the fastest and its hella fun. Who cares if it's a 'simulator' it's still a fucking game Ffs
Eric/BigSexy165
Crushed Dissenter

Post by Eric/BigSexy165 »

RSmithDRIFT wrote:So let me put a few things out their. But if you attempted to make a simulator with them. Their
I stopped reading and caring when u decided to not use the correct "There" and grammar in ur rant. Sorry mate but everyone here has done ran out of fucks for u.
jlv wrote:It's OK. I think he's Australian.
TeamHavocRacing

Eric/BigSexy165 wrote:...correct...grammar | ur | has done ran | u
Oh the Iron E.
RSmithDRIFT

Post by RSmithDRIFT »

TeamHavocRacing wrote:
Eric/BigSexy165 wrote:...correct...grammar | ur | has done ran | u
Oh the Iron E.
Dead
RSmithDRIFT

Post by RSmithDRIFT »

Ohagan75 wrote:
RSmithDRIFT wrote:
That's because they are just that, wheels with force feedback. On dirt bikes the bars alone don't do everything that a wheel does in a car. The rider's body postioning and the fact that the bike can tip over all affect how the steering handles. To get it even close you'd have to rig up some fucker like this, which is going to be a novelty at most.

Also just FYI your whole argument on jump shaping is completely irrelevant as your experience with building jumps is for bmx bikes. They have no suspension and the jumps only intention is to get you airtime to do tricks. Race tracks built for mx bikes are completely different in that aspect alone and it's a well known practice to have flat faces on mx jumps to make them ride nicer.

They make these but they arent ffb. It'd be the same thing as a damn joystick. You just tilt the bars to lean and turn them to steer. Shifting would be with buttons in thumb reach and front brakes would be the brake lever rear brake a thumb button and clutch the clutch lever and twist throttle. Not hard to make at all. IDK why it doesnt exist yet. They make FFB joysticks... Same thing. Just using one of these shapes....

yamaha#521

Post by yamaha#521 »

After reading this thread and witnessing it's horrors, i might have to kill myself.