Phyiscs..... Ever Heard of Them?

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
Big Smooth one3
Team: TMFR [Aulmni]

Re: Phyiscs..... Ever Heard of Them?

Post by Big Smooth one3 »

My takes on this thread:

A (serious one) - trying to help the ignorantly stubborn is a tough task. If this game was the worst sim ever, no one would play. The resulting popularity of the game defeats your argument, you just won't accept the learning curve - because we've all been where you are. Unfortunately, you aren't smarter than the game or everyone who has ever played it, so quit trying to reinvent how you "think" it "should run" and just play the game.

B (not as serious) - the length of all of your posts remind me of the first time I took adderall...and that's coming from a notorious rambler...trust me, from experience, doesn't help your cause
Aggressively Mediocre Image
RSmithDRIFT
Team: Privateer

Post by RSmithDRIFT »

onefoureight wrote:http://www.mediafire.com/download/xfcm9 ... /SYKSX.zip

Here's one of shadows 1'1 Sx tracks.

Post here when you quit sim after playing this.
I actually love this...

I just finished playing this an a couple other 1:1 scale tracks and have determined that this is the only problem. All the crazy shit that happens that pisses me off on the normal supercross tracks is caused by the overscaling and poor jump shapes. 100%. I can turn laps on these 1:1 scale tracks with almost no problem. Granted I'm not fast yet. But I can do it and that's thepoint. Because now I'm on the same level I am in real life.

Thank you.
RSmithDRIFT

Post by RSmithDRIFT »

Rayvenator wrote:[quote="RSmithDRIFT"

My point is, as a rider you NATURALLY level the bike. You NATURALLY pull it up out of turns. You NATURALLY balance the bike in the air and absorb big impacts in a way that'll keep the bike from crashing as best as you can. This is because YOU HAVE A GYRO IN YOUR HEAD!. This is how you can do the impossible feat of walking. Imagine if I made a walking simulator but didnt give you an inner ear gyro in your in game, lets call him an avatar's ear. You know how impossible it would be to do. but I bet you do it every day without thinking about it dont you?
Then why are you still referring to this car simulator that´s so awesome? When you drive around on this simulator you have NO feeling on what forces pulls the car i what direction. Its the exact same thing.
Thing is, If you keep playing the game and practicing, you will NATURALLY pull the bike up with you analog stick! Car game or motocross game, its all about what you LEARN to do and all of these things that makes your ride the bike properly is things that you eventually do NATURALLY when playing. You dont have a Inner ear gyro but its a computer game, you will never have this.

What you want the game to do is to simulate this inner ear gyro FOR YOU so you dont have to compensate for it yourself. This is exactly the thing the every other motocross game does, MX vs ATV, MXGP etc and thats what differentiates those games from this. It doesnt hold you hand. You have to LEARN how to do all these things instead of the game helping you.

You really must be one of the most narrow-minded persons i´ve ever encountered. You are so certain that everyone else is wrong and you are right in every little detail.
When EVERYONE tells you that your advanced stability setup is what is causing your problems WHY is it so hard to listen to them?

IT IS your advanced stability that is the problem. You are trying to make the game do too many stuff for you and it just messes it up. You just have to PRACTICE.

This game is incredibly hard to learn. It has so many variables that you have to get into your muscle memory for you controller and so many techiques for different situations you have to learn your mind before you can be as good as the pro´s.

But because you just refuse to be helped in any way or take suggestions from people who has way more experience than you in this particular game I vote for this thread and every other topic about it created by you to be shut down.
There is no point trying to help you or convince you when you clearly have no intention of learning or taking advice.

In short - These threads and these discussions is getting nowhere.[/quote]

Because I have a steering wheel that can relate the forces form the car into my hands and I can translate that data along with my eyes to know exactly what the car is doing. I even move my body when I'm driving my simulator because the feeling from the wheel is so accurate I can actually translate it to full body feeling of a car that's on my screen. Because I have a perfect scale FOV and a perfect scale wheel/pedal setup and a blueprinted physics and roads of my real life situation to do it with.

This game lacks all of that. So you need assistance. I DO NOT play rfactor with a controller. It's technically just as harder than playing MX Sim with one is for that very reason. Without realfeel you have nothing but your eyes and that is only half the information you need.

As I said before, if I had a set of FFB handle bars on the same level of simulation as my G25 is then sure, why would I need a inner ear gyro in game when I can use my own?

But this is all null, as I have found the solution. And it's because of this thread that I found it. I didnt knwo the tracks werent to scale. I found and have been riding 3 different 1:1 scale tracks tonight and have aboslutely no problem riding them. They feel great to ride. I can even turn laps on them and make it through the whoops consistently because they arent rediculously scaled and shaped.

I truely wish the mx sim community was on the same level as the car racing/drifting sim communities were. Then you'd be making your tracks properly and this game would actually be worth a fuck. And maybe if the game hadn't given you the option to use completely unrealistic bullshit FOV settings beyond 90* (your eyes are 90* so nothing above this value has any connection to reality) then maybe the tracks would've been being made to realistic standards all along. Instead of being made to look and feel right at 120* plus retard settings for FOV.

Fuck you all. Untill you make your tracks accurately at 1:1 scale and stop going above 90* FOV I will have 0 respect for you. You dont want sim. You dont want reality. You want to turn a sim into unrealistic bull shit because "it's fun" FUCK YOU for ruining this sim. After playing the 1:1 scale tracks I am sorry now for hating on the physics engine. It wasnt the phyiscs. Though it would be nice to have that rider gyro option still since I'm using a controller. But the base physics are behaving properly. I just didnt realise the tracks were made so huge intentionally to suit you fuck tards who want it to a high speed fest useable only for those freak massochists who have spent years perfecting their technique to be able to ride said tracks.

I'm so disgusted by this community right now for this track scale/shape debacle that I literally feel sick. Atleast theirs a few member on here who actually care about realism in a sim.

My advanced stability is perfect on the 1:1 scale tracks btw.
onefoureight
Team: Not Splitfire

Post by onefoureight »

RSmithDRIFT wrote:
onefoureight wrote:http://www.mediafire.com/download/xfcm9 ... /SYKSX.zip

Here's one of shadows 1'1 Sx tracks.

Post here when you quit sim after playing this.
I actually love this...

I just finished playing this an a couple other 1:1 scale tracks and have determined that this is the only problem. All the crazy shit that happens that pisses me off on the normal supercross tracks is caused by the overscaling and poor jump shapes. 100%. I can turn laps on these 1:1 scale tracks with almost no problem. Granted I'm not fast yet. But I can do it and that's thepoint. Because now I'm on the same level I am in real life.

Thank you.
I'm almost certain you didn't even play the track.
2015 Australian Supercross 450 champion | rF Villain | Wolf Pack Racing Leader | CBL Gaming
RSmithDRIFT

Post by RSmithDRIFT »

Big Smooth one3 wrote:My takes on this thread:

A (serious one) - trying to help the ignorantly stubborn is a tough task. If this game was the worst sim ever, no one would play. The resulting popularity of the game defeats your argument, you just won't accept the learning curve - because we've all been where you are. Unfortunately, you aren't smarter than the game or everyone who has ever played it, so quit trying to reinvent how you "think" it "should run" and just play the game.

B (not as serious) - the length of all of your posts remind me of the first time I took adderall...and that's coming from a notorious rambler...trust me, from experience, doesn't help your cause
I'm quite ADHD and that give's me that "hyper focus" trait when I actually care about something. So yea if I took adderal I'd be much calmer LMAO.

As I said in the post above, I've found it's not the physics fault. But the tracks that are over scaled to only work well with pro's using a cheater unrealistic 120* FOV.

Hope all you fuckers who support the overscaling and round top shaping of the tracks burn in hell for ruining this great sim engine. This is the last post you'll see from me. But I will keep playing. But only on the 1:1 scale tracks I can find. /thread
Rayvenator
Team: TM Factory Racing

Post by Rayvenator »

Impressive troll bro.

Can't believe I actually thought someone could be like that.

Well played sir.
onefoureight

Post by onefoureight »

hold up hold up hold up.

What FOV have you been using?
2015 Australian Supercross 450 champion | rF Villain | Wolf Pack Racing Leader | CBL Gaming
Rayvenator

Post by Rayvenator »

onefoureight wrote:hold up hold up hold up.

What FOV have you been using?
This made me chuckle :P

But I believe he said that a human beeing had 90 so my guess he´s running with that
onefoureight

Post by onefoureight »

RSmithDRIFT wrote:And yall keep asking about my stability setup, so I know it'll just arouse more questions but I dont care. After much trial and error I've discovered this to be the best (yes I've tried several different pro setups directly and this works 10x better for me) like I said, with this setup it handles turns beautifully and I actually have no problems on nationals tracks. But I cant get down a supercross straight to save my life.
leveling=100.000000
roll_damping=50.000000
roll_limit_angle=0.000000
roll_limit_factor=0.000000
steering_damping=50.000000
steering_strength=95.000000
max_steering_force=750.000000
direct_steering=1.000000
slow_damping_speed=40.000000
slow_damping_factor=1.500000
land_damping_falloff=0.062500
land_damping_factor=2.000000
full_lock_speed=1.000000
restricted_lock_speed=40.000000
restricted_lock=5.000000
OK OK OK, SO.
He's been using this advanced,

And this FOV.

No wonder the poor bastard hates the game hahahahaha!!!

Rayvenator

Post by Rayvenator »

onefoureight wrote:
RSmithDRIFT wrote:And yall keep asking about my stability setup, so I know it'll just arouse more questions but I dont care. After much trial and error I've discovered this to be the best (yes I've tried several different pro setups directly and this works 10x better for me) like I said, with this setup it handles turns beautifully and I actually have no problems on nationals tracks. But I cant get down a supercross straight to save my life.
leveling=100.000000
roll_damping=50.000000
roll_limit_angle=0.000000
roll_limit_factor=0.000000
steering_damping=50.000000
steering_strength=95.000000
max_steering_force=750.000000
direct_steering=1.000000
slow_damping_speed=40.000000
slow_damping_factor=1.500000
land_damping_falloff=0.062500
land_damping_factor=2.000000
full_lock_speed=1.000000
restricted_lock_speed=40.000000
restricted_lock=5.000000
OK OK OK, SO.
He's been using this advanced,

And this FOV.

No wonder the poor bastard hates the game hahahahaha!!!
Agreed :P

But thats what the human eye can see so that must be right, right?

Nevermind that fact that when we ride irl we can either turn our head or just roll our eyeballs a little bit to see left and right when thats impossible to replicate on a computer screen. :P
RSmithDRIFT

Post by RSmithDRIFT »

Here jerk wads.... My correct FOV is 42* I cant ride without seeing my vehicle (steering wheel, bars, same difference) so I use 60* typically in mx games otherwise I cant see my bike. But in car sims I use 42* and my in game steering wheel disapears behind my G25 in my hands. That's a true sim view. If I had ffb handlebars to play this game I'd use the 42* for the mx games as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yYeiAHsdr0
RSmithDRIFT

Post by RSmithDRIFT »

My FOV demonstration video for my Realfactor 240sx. This video is old and has my old DFP which has a slightly smaller wheel diameter. The g25 lines up perfectly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyS1307mX78
onefoureight

Post by onefoureight »

YOU USE 60 FOV IN MX SIM!?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAH
RSmithDRIFT

Post by RSmithDRIFT »

onefoureight wrote:YOU USE 60 FOV IN MX SIM!?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAH
I turn it to 90 when I start getting frustrated. I also turn on arcade mode when that happens. I find blasting a few laps at 90* in arcade mode usually calms me down so I can start trying it in sim mode again. But yes, I use 60* on 3rd person for the first few laps till I get to knwo the track, then switch to 1st person and start riding till I get so frustrated I just cant anymore lol.
Rayvenator

Post by Rayvenator »

RSmithDRIFT wrote:
I turn it to 90 when I start getting frustrated. I also turn on arcade mode when that happens. I find blasting a few laps at 90* in arcade mode usually calms me down so I can start trying it in sim mode again. But yes, I use 60* on 3rd person for the first few laps till I get to knwo the track, then switch to 1st person and start riding till I get so frustrated I just cant anymore lol.
Good luck with that