2016-05-07 snapshot

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
aeffertz
Team: Studio ATE

Re: 2016-05-07 snapshot

Post by aeffertz »

Does the scram decoder fix help improve loading times if you have a lot of scrammed skins?
vmaki
Team: Privateer

Post by vmaki »

MxVelocity747 wrote:
vmaki wrote:
jlv wrote:Changes:
  • New controller axis detection code to detect axes that have non-zero resting positions.
Would you be able to read simultaneously two different positions from the same axis? Meaning xbox360 controllers triggers. One is from 0 to 1 and the other from 0 to -1 on one axis.
http://forum.mxsimulator.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=39872
Thanks for the link. I'll look into it!
jlv wrote:I believe the XBCD driver separates the trigger axes.
The reason I bring this up is that I have always thought that something like this has to happen in the driver. I was recently playing Raceroom racing experience and it seems like they have done it within the game and I was just curious to see your opinion on it!
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

aeffertz wrote:Does the scram decoder fix help improve loading times if you have a lot of scrammed skins?
No. The bug would be hard to notice since most files would ignore the extra zero padding.
vmaki wrote:
The reason I bring this up is that I have always thought that something like this has to happen in the driver. I was recently playing Raceroom racing experience and it seems like they have done it within the game and I was just curious to see your opinion on it!
It's a DirectInput vs XInput thing. XInput lets you see them individually but for some reason Microsoft decided to make them share an axis in the DirectInput driver.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Ohagan75
Team: Prime Design GFX

Post by Ohagan75 »

are the null bytes in the scram decoder increasing the load times?
Donate if you like My Creations
AWood
Team: Who Knows...

Post by AWood »

jlv wrote:
aeffertz wrote:Does the scram decoder fix help improve loading times if you have a lot of scrammed skins?
No. The bug would be hard to notice since most files would ignore the extra zero padding.
vmaki wrote:
It's a DirectInput vs XInput thing. XInput lets you see them individually but for some reason Microsoft decided to make them share an axis in the DirectInput driver.
i think just because most games just detect that axis by default and some games are set up to just read say the Z+ and - axis
barrington314 wrote:awood is right
Leclair wrote:My name is barking
Leclair wrote:i fuck you
2014 rF GNC 22nd Overall - 2014 rF 450 SX 12th - 2014 rF 450 MX 11th Overall
2013 rF GNC 17th Overall - 2013 rF 450 SX 17th - 2013 rF 450 MX 8th - 2013 EMF French Cup Open World 6th
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

Ohagan75 wrote:are the null bytes in the scram decoder increasing the load times?
It shouldn't change it significantly. It was an off by one error in the main decoding loop, so instead of jumping to the code that handles the last few bytes when the stream had less than 16 bytes left, it wrote out whatever was left plus enough zeros to make it an even multiple of 16 bytes.
AWood wrote:i think just because most games just detect that axis by default and some games are set up to just read say the Z+ and - axis
Could be a rudder pedal thing since they're usually linked. I suspect it's just Microsoft politics though. For some reason they want to push XInput so they cripple the DirectInput driver. The official Microsoft explanation is ridiculous:
  • The combination of the left and right triggers in DirectInput is by design. Games have always assumed that DirectInput device axes are centered when there is no user interaction with the device. However, the Xbox 360 controller was designed to register minimum value, not center, when the triggers are not being held. Older games would therefore assume user interaction.
    The solution was to combine the triggers, setting one trigger to a positive direction and the other to a negative direction, so no user interaction is indicative to DirectInput of the "control" being at center.
    In order to test the trigger values separately, you must use XInput.
It's obvious they could just make it look like a stick that the user only pushes to the right. Who knows what the real reason is.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
lucasslin32
Team: Privater

Post by lucasslin32 »

How fix 2016 stock models ??
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

lucasslin32 wrote:How fix 2016 stock models ??
Stock model replacement v2016
DannyBoy

Post by DannyBoy »

Ever since this snapshot my DS4 controller recognizes the triggers as buttons as opposed to an axis. I'm unable to map my triggers back to normal axis function in sim.
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

Didn't realize anything showed triggers as both buttons and axes. It'll be a little complicated but I'll see what I can do for it.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
motokid499
Team: Phil's

Post by motokid499 »

Havent tried this snapshot but i do know ds4 controllers are weird. I use one and i have to spam my triggers in the customize control menu and sometimes it takes up to a minute to finally get it to recognize as an axis as appose to a button
Tanner Rogers
DannyBoy

Post by DannyBoy »

Yeah not sure why! It registers as button 6 and 7 as well as the triggers both being on their own separate axis. What I think might be happening is the game is picking up the first recognized function which would be as a button as opposed to the axis, if that makes sense. I've never had an issue until this snapshot. Thanks for looking into it!
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

Try this:

http://mxsimulator.com/snapshots/mx-2016-05-19-1303.exe

It sounds like the controller shows the triggers as both a button and an axis. Since the game detects the axis by watching it move, the button press will almost always register first. It got worse in the new code because it was watching for the axis to recenter before accepting it in order to handle weird axes that don't center at zero and max out at +-1 which meant the button press always beat the axis detection. The exe in this posts waits 1/4 second before it accepts the button. Using the timeout also made the axis detection a little nicer since it detects the limit without needing to recenter now.

Let me know how it works.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
motokid499
Team: Phil's

Post by motokid499 »

Worked flawlessly, right as I reassigned my triggers it instantly recognized as an axis. Gas and brake feel a little bit weird in game now though, probably just because the axis' are different now. I used to run -0.9000000 and 1.000000 or something of the sort, now it looks like this:

Probably something I should just get used to? or am I good to go back to my previous axis settings, or does that defeat the purpose of this snapshot? I dont exactly understand what it does lol
Tanner Rogers
DannyBoy

Post by DannyBoy »

Yep! That did it. Thanks JLV!