MxSimulator is changing for the worse

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
nickuzick

Re: MxSimulator is changing for the worse

Post by nickuzick »

mt212MX wrote: ....
If you're so ignorant to the hard work people put in I think you're in the wrong place. It's not your fault you have no clue what goes into modeling or designing but you still look like a complete jackass.
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

I have zero intentions of working for free moving forward. Working for the greater good of the community sounds great until one person breaks the mold. That mold is broken now, so now it needs to be viewed:
"If his talents, time, and work are all worth money; shouldn't mine be as well?"
"I want that model but have to pay for it, so if he wants my track shouldn't he have to pay?"

And for the record, I only use Photoshop for my tracks and I have a paid license. I can show you the receipt if you'd like.

If I'm a new creator, I doubt many will pay to get your stuff. The less people that have your work, the less solid feedback (which is already limited) that you will get to grow as a creator. This applies to everyone, but the newer creators obviously benefit more since they have more to learn. That's up to them to find that balance.

Finally, it isn't changing... it has already changed.
James_122
Team: Channel 4 News

Post by James_122 »

I will now be charging jlv for every helpful post I make.
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

m121c wrote:...are you aware of our community? Been trollin since Nov. '09 Even a $100 price tag didn't stop kids from sharing it around...This is where I say it was always the fault of the creator to trust a TS "friend". They get what they want, I get a little kick back, everyone's happy right? I call that "Union Thinking"..."If he get's $100 for his model, why can't I?"
Mason, I can't really blame you or Chex for recouping something especially since you two must be the only folks paying for a license. It was a nice run starting all the way back to the late '90's and Madcowie tracks for GPL. Seeing Chex post really rang the death knell for me. I done. So sad that selfish little pricks took us here. I hang on to the past too much I guess. You saw my unabated passion come out in this topic. OK, cue the sad music....
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
Versus-PC_Official
Team: VersusPC.com

Post by Versus-PC_Official »

TeamHavocRacing wrote:since you two must be the only folks paying for a license.
I as well use all licensed software, and all of my stock photos, and fonts are purchased through adobe as well... If you don't want to pay for something don't, but it is asinine to go around saying "fuck you" to people for selling something for a price you are unwilling to pay. Maybe you just don't know what its like to have a talent someone is worth paying for. You voting for Bernie as well??
Versus-PC_Official

*a talent someone is willing to pay for*
Versus-PC_Official

Triple post i know, but this is worth saying in my opinion. Ive purchased mason's model, and am currently working with another modeler on a new model for my team, and i feel GREAT about supporting them. After all of the time and effort they put into their "products" they most certainly deserve some form of payment. The reason I say this is these people creating content are people just like you and I, with likes, wants, needs, and unfortunately ONLY 24 hours in the day to get it all done. If they are taking time away from their real job, or spending time on top of their job to do something most people don't have the patience, or skill to do, why is it unfair for them to be compensated?

The last thing ill say is that i was recently informed that the money i spent on the upcoming private model is going to allow the modeler to get is motorcycle dialed in in real life and race this upcoming summer; I'm not sure how anyone in this community can really be so angry that people with high value talents would prefer to put them to good use instead of giving them away for free, to a crowd that is typically less than gracious.

/endrant
TeamHavocRacing

Thanks for bringing politics into this. Fuck you.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
podium1

Post by podium1 »

I don't mind paying people for their creations that they have put endless time and effort into (which I have a number of times, including jays bikes).
But when they turn around and release it for free later on, that really gets my blood boiling. This may just be a rumor but I've heard that mason plans on releasing his honda a day before outdoors..
I think this is just a rumor but if not, I really don't know what he is thinking.
NaTuRaL GoOn | MXSRaces Admin
"Games fuckin Broken" -Dmull
m121c

Post by m121c »

It's just a rumor. I made my mind up way back, it will never be released for free.

Unless one of the little pricks that have it illegally have any funny ideas... It will never happen, just want to make that clear.
Rayvenator
Team: TM Factory Racing

Post by Rayvenator »

Considering the amount of time these people put in to the models, I would be amazed if they did it for free. Hell if someone made a supersweet model for my team, I´d pay them for their work whether they wanted it or not. Having but it that much time and with that amount of talent it is certainly worth some money.

High quality tracks is the same thing. The talent and work required for the good tracks are also worth paying for. Especially considering all the shit they get from the community.

From my point of view, there are two cases:
One is where a team owner or privateer asks a modeler, skinner or trackbuilder to make something for them. Custom made and the person basically "hires" the skinner/modeler. This is IMO ok to charge a fee for.
The other beeing someone just making a random thing for the sake of doing it. Maybe a skin or a track they wanted to do or a model they worked on in their freetime. This should never cost money IMO.

The big stupid part of all this is the really terrible folks out the trying to charge 1-5 dollars for skins and stuff. 95% of these are just not good enough to charge anything and should just create and release as many things as it takes for them to be good.

Now I can agree that paying a 100$ for a model that 99% of the people you race with will never see it kinda dumb. With the time they put into it its probably a really low hourly pay but thats just the thing, you cant charge that much for something like that and you´ve put way too much time into it.

Does the community really need a new model every year even tho the real bike barely changed? Nobody in the game will notice the difference.
If when a new bike model comes out, the modelers come together and during their free time the create this new model and pay a SMALL fee for it?

Ultimately, its the demand that makes it a little bit silly and Its beyond me that someone would pay 100$ for say a KTM model that looks almost exactly like the old one.

But in the end, its not hard just to ignore it altogether. If you dont want wanna pay 100$ for it, then dont. Just use the older models, nobody will notice the difference.

If there was a system in place that whatever skins and models you were using showed up in game for all the other players somehow it might be a little more worth, but that isnt in the game and it doesn't look like it ever will be so :P
GKSracing104
Team: GeforceMX

Post by GKSracing104 »

I've profited from making just graphics alone from people. They paid for a service and they got what they asked for. Simple as that. All my software was purchased legally, I don't half ass my work, and yeah $20-$25 for a team setup sounds a little steep but you get what you pay for. I'm by no means saying I'm the best creator, as there are many guys in the community with far greater skill than I will ever have. I've released my fair share of things that I invested personal time in. I could have kept all of that stuff to myself. Not everything is release worthy. Shit skins should stay in your skins folder on your desktop IMO. That's how I learned, trial and error. I released what I thought looked good but I also didn't release a kindergarten level crayon drawing. These guys that model all this stuff are, by no means, required to release any of their stuff. They don't work for anyone but themselves. Being closed minded and bitching about paying for content doesn't get you anything more than laughed at. Like I said earlier, THE CREATORS DON'T OWE YOU SHIT.
Andy_Hack wrote:I'm honestly not really impressed.
Tommy Black #77
Team: Privateer

Post by Tommy Black #77 »

at the same time its there content tho I'm not sticking up for it total bullshit but to be fair they could have spent money or time idk its a fucked area :evil: :evil:
SMR 510RR
Team: Privateer

Post by SMR 510RR »

I have thousands of dollars in software licenses that I have purchased. Anyone wants receipts I am happy to show them.

There are free alternatives for just about everything too. I do hate pirates though, its impossible to compete with people who don't have to maintain software licenses it is a big expense.
TeamHavocRacing

Please PM me for mailing address. JK