How to preform a wheele?

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Re: How to preform a wheele?

Post by jlv »

tobz173 wrote:I find it odd that wheelies are more easier to perform when your standing up. Shouldnt it be the opposite?
No. Standing moves your center of gravity up and back which lightens the front and makes it easier to stay on the balance point.
In corners if your sitting, the bike is more stable than standing. Standing should actually be more stable, but harder to turn, while sitting should be less stable, and easier to turn.
I don't know why that would be. Maybe the lower center of gravity stabilizes it.

Another possibility would be that when entering a corner standing the cornering forces you down into the seat as you are rolling into the corner. Since you have a higher moment of inertia standing, the roll rate would have to increase to conserve angular momentum as you are forced down into the seat, which might make it feel less stable.

I never really noticed it myself though.
tobz173

Post by tobz173 »

jlv wrote:
tobz173 wrote:I find it odd that wheelies are more easier to perform when your standing up. Shouldnt it be the opposite?
No. Standing moves your center of gravity up and back which lightens the front and makes it easier to stay on the balance point.
In corners if your sitting, the bike is more stable than standing. Standing should actually be more stable, but harder to turn, while sitting should be less stable, and easier to turn.
I don't know why that would be. Maybe the lower center of gravity stabilizes it.

Another possibility would be that when entering a corner standing the cornering forces you down into the seat as you are rolling into the corner. Since you have a higher moment of inertia standing, the roll rate would have to increase to conserve angular momentum as you are forced down into the seat, which might make it feel less stable.

I never really noticed it myself though.
I understand if your game physics are set up like this, all i know is ridng in real life, "Standing should actually be more stable, but harder to turn, while sitting should be less stable, and easier to turn." thats how it is. I'd say the stability thing in real life would have more to do with the ability of the rider to control the bike more when in the standing position, not the centre of gravity.
Dont ever question my determination and my will to win - Chad Reed
rewrew421
Team: Privateer

Post by rewrew421 »

Quick note.....look at Everts, that man was balls to the wall all moto long and he prefered a more standing position both feet on the pegs. While carmichael would take a slower entry and get the power to the ground through waiting the back wheel out of the corners. If you ever watched these to ride on the same track you could see the difference, everts would rail the out sides carmichael would take more of the ruts on the insides.

Also, you never actually sit down in a rut unless your coming strait out of it, most of the time i find my self barley off of the number plate with all my weight on the outside peg and my inside leg somewere near the radiator shroud(im not a very big person as far as weight so every little bit helps haha) and as i get on the gas to exit i just sorta stand up and let the bike come back underneath of me.
D.Eckels #421 "The O-G"