YOUR SETUP

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
bootsie

Re: YOUR SETUP

Post by bootsie »

snipes517 wrote:Hi guys,

So I’m new to the game, played maybe 15-20hours so far and feel like I’ve picked it up pretty decent. Started with laps upon laps at JGMX Grassy Knoll but now I like to play the 2018 AMA nationals and every track I’ve played I can run sub 3:00 lap times consistently with my best track being unadilla I run consistent 2:40’s with a best of 2:34 (I know not fast by any means but for the short amount of time played I’m happy so far lol). My setup is attached (hopefully, this is my first post). My question is what can be done to keep the rear tire from sliding/drifting out through corners? I feel like this is hindering my speed because I have to putt through corners because I feel the back end wanting to slide out. First example that comes to mind which happens every lap is at Washougal on the left hander back onto the start straight first corner and then the right hand sweeper going into horsepower hill. Along with many other turns lol

Any advice on how to stop this? And how do I stop falling from slight over jumps/cases?

Overall I really like this setup beside these two things, any help would be appreciated

(If this doesn’t fit in this thread just let me know and I’ll move it)
try this i really like it so far
snipes517
Team: Privateer

Post by snipes517 »

Ok thanks bootsie!! Il give er a shot
Finalmushroom

Post by Finalmushroom »

bootsie wrote:
snipes517 wrote:Hi guys,

So I’m new to the game, played maybe 15-20hours so far and feel like I’ve picked it up pretty decent. Started with laps upon laps at JGMX Grassy Knoll but now I like to play the 2018 AMA nationals and every track I’ve played I can run sub 3:00 lap times consistently with my best track being unadilla I run consistent 2:40’s with a best of 2:34 (I know not fast by any means but for the short amount of time played I’m happy so far lol). My setup is attached (hopefully, this is my first post). My question is what can be done to keep the rear tire from sliding/drifting out through corners? I feel like this is hindering my speed because I have to putt through corners because I feel the back end wanting to slide out. First example that comes to mind which happens every lap is at Washougal on the left hander back onto the start straight first corner and then the right hand sweeper going into horsepower hill. Along with many other turns lol

Any advice on how to stop this? And how do I stop falling from slight over jumps/cases?

Overall I really like this setup beside these two things, any help would be appreciated

(If this doesn’t fit in this thread just let me know and I’ll move it)
try this i really like it so far
Interesting how everyone runs such stiff spring rates on the front and rear compared to IRL.
Hi Im Skyqe
Team: wat

Post by Hi Im Skyqe »

Wonder where that ones from
Finalmushroom

Post by Finalmushroom »

maggett wrote:
Will93 wrote:Here's my setup!

The suspension is a bit on the softer side, so it's great through rough stuff and braking bumps, but it tends to bounce and swap in the whoops, so ride SX at your own risk. The advanced is a bit loose, but not crazy. I'd say it's more comparable to Armstrong rather than Fjeldberg in terms of how free it is.

I should mention that the suspension is based off a setup from a while earlier in the thread, I only slightly tweaked a few settings if that. For the advanced I used Tysen's as a base and tried to make it more to how I would like it. I noticed I slid out a lot so I bumped up the restricted lock a bit. Not sure how much else I tweaked. I'd love feedback or suggestions as I'm still mostly lost when it comes to setups. Those bars are intimidating, man :D

hey try this for stability if you want its based of tysens as well and pretty close to yours and should be easier than using 30 lock angle. i made it before supercross this year and got 2 250 east pro wins so far with it

The bottom set up is amazing. Mine was very similar but this is stable and turns very well which I had issues with! +1
snipes517

Post by snipes517 »

Finalmushroom wrote:
maggett wrote:
Will93 wrote:Here's my setup!

The suspension is a bit on the softer side, so it's great through rough stuff and braking bumps, but it tends to bounce and swap in the whoops, so ride SX at your own risk. The advanced is a bit loose, but not crazy. I'd say it's more comparable to Armstrong rather than Fjeldberg in terms of how free it is.

I should mention that the suspension is based off a setup from a while earlier in the thread, I only slightly tweaked a few settings if that. For the advanced I used Tysen's as a base and tried to make it more to how I would like it. I noticed I slid out a lot so I bumped up the restricted lock a bit. Not sure how much else I tweaked. I'd love feedback or suggestions as I'm still mostly lost when it comes to setups. Those bars are intimidating, man :D

hey try this for stability if you want its based of tysens as well and pretty close to yours and should be easier than using 30 lock angle. i made it before supercross this year and got 2 250 east pro wins so far with it

The bottom set up is amazing. Mine was very similar but this is stable and turns very well which I had issues with! +1
So the bottom setup referred to above is perfect for a 450 with me. when I use this setup on a 250f it seems too tight still. whip attempts feel stupid and restricted. Im going to mess with it for a 250f, unless someone has some pointers on how to make this set up more 250 friendly lol.

Thanks in advance
savage_ryan4
Team: IBcorp Racing

Post by savage_ryan4 »

snipes517 wrote:
images

So the bottom setup referred to above is perfect for a 450 with me. when I use this setup on a 250f it seems too tight still. whip attempts feel stupid and restricted. Im going to mess with it for a 250f, unless someone has some pointers on how to make this set up more 250 friendly lol.

Thanks in advance
i'm here to know when this happens
you should click that fkn banner
Finalmushroom

Post by Finalmushroom »

snipes517 wrote:
Finalmushroom wrote:
maggett wrote:

Thanks in advance
Maybe lower the leveling or roll dampening?
snipes517

Post by snipes517 »

Ya I lowered roll dampening a few numbers and steering dampening a few as well, It seems to be better? Ill post the set up in a bit. Not sure if it makes much of a difference but i also lowered the shock high speed/low speed rebound and spring rate. seemed to help maybe?? lol I dont know much about suspension, when I raced I always just sent my stuff to Factory Connection lol
Finalmushroom

Post by Finalmushroom »

snipes517 wrote:Ya I lowered roll dampening a few numbers and steering dampening a few as well, It seems to be better? Ill post the set up in a bit. Not sure if it makes much of a difference but i also lowered the shock high speed/low speed rebound and spring rate. seemed to help maybe?? lol I dont know much about suspension, when I raced I always just sent my stuff to Factory Connection lol
I'm not sure but I think the rider is the same weight (150) for the 250/450? Maybe? lol. You can't go off of what we use IRL since this game's physics aren't the same. Similar but different. I mentioned earlier in this thread but people in game use crazy high spring rates and it works but IRL for a pro rider in MX they won't use a 6.something rear spring rate. It'll be like 5.4 - 5.6. IRL also has more variables such as shock rod diameter and sag #'s and such. This is why a bike is so hard to set up in this game. For me anyways!
celtex
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Privateer Life

Post by celtex »

Just to let everyone know higher compression helps with bottoming out, and people run higher spring rates so their back fender doesn't hit the back wheel, also higher preload makes the bike sit higher, i like to put the preload at 30-55, so it doesnt sit to high where i don't get any traction.
Finalmushroom

Post by Finalmushroom »

Check this out. lol. Literally babied it into the turn and did this. My rear end really likes to kick it's terrible. Maybe more speed dampening? Could be bottoming and it doesn't have anywhere to transfer the energy?
Finalmushroom

Post by Finalmushroom »

Finalmushroom wrote:

Check this out. lol. Literally babied it into the turn and did this. My rear end really likes to kick it's terrible. Maybe more speed dampening? Could be bottoming and it doesn't have anywhere to transfer the energy?
Low speed*
JoaoOliveira71

Post by JoaoOliveira71 »

Hello guys!
I run 450cc and I can't get a configuration for the outdoors. Can someone help me with the suspension and the advanced? Thacks
motox4

Post by motox4 »

One question. when im over jumping a jump just a litle bit the bike just crash. i must always be careful with all jumps. I can see other people jumping mutch longer than me and not crashing out. any help with this? :)