YOUR SETUP

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
Prydz
Team: Privateer

Re: YOUR SETUP

Post by Prydz »

TeamHavocRacing wrote:
Prydz wrote:How am I suppose to go fast at outdoors when my suspension/rider collapse after small overjumps?
Even with everything at 100 I eat shit
At 100, you transmit more impact to the rider, causing a falloff sooner. Use this as a guide....

Less compression damping softens up the ride as does spring rate. Low speed damping acts like an anti-roll bar, high speed is for hits. Same goes for rebound, have just enough to keep the tire in contact, but enough damping to prevent pogo-ing. Adjust either end's high speed RB damping to balance out endo or wheelie tendencies. Not too much RB damping or you won't clear that monster triple.
Blablabla.
You dont understand. Because of the latest snapshots, you cant even run like... 60-70 compression or spring rate on the shock. You'll just eat shit from tiny overjumps
Rayvenator
Team: TM Factory Racing

Post by Rayvenator »

Prydz wrote:
TeamHavocRacing wrote:
Prydz wrote:How am I suppose to go fast at outdoors when my suspension/rider collapse after small overjumps?
Even with everything at 100 I eat shit
At 100, you transmit more impact to the rider, causing a falloff sooner. Use this as a guide....

Less compression damping softens up the ride as does spring rate. Low speed damping acts like an anti-roll bar, high speed is for hits. Same goes for rebound, have just enough to keep the tire in contact, but enough damping to prevent pogo-ing. Adjust either end's high speed RB damping to balance out endo or wheelie tendencies. Not too much RB damping or you won't clear that monster triple.
Blablabla.
You dont understand. Because of the latest snapshots, you cant even run like... 60-70 compression or spring rate on the shock. You'll just eat shit from tiny overjumps
He's trying to help you and he is right.
The problem is either somewhere else in your setup or you overjump too far.

Stop beeing a dick to people who is legitimately trying to help you.
Prydz

Post by Prydz »

I just posted my setup. What is wrong with it?
motokid499
Team: Phil's

Post by motokid499 »

motokid499 wrote:What i've used pretty much since the high/low speed snapshot came out. 250f.

Still using this. 4th o/a at glen helen with it
Tanner Rogers
Big Smooth one3
Team: TMFR [Aulmni]

Post by Big Smooth one3 »

motokid499 wrote:Still using this. 4th o/a at glen helen with it
I'm wondering what adjustments - if any - you'd make for a 450?
Aggressively Mediocre Image
motokid499
Team: Phil's

Post by motokid499 »

On 1.10 or older you could get away with adjusting things on your suspension to make it work for 250/450, but this new suspension you have to run a completely different STYLE of setup even. I have 450 suspension I could post but I don't ride 450 soo..

I know Valtteri Tainen uses suspension I gave him. We both kinda run weird suspension compared to a lot of people though. I've tried so many peoples suspension like honeywells, robbs etc and I can only seem to do good in races if im running suspension made by my suspension guy, who makes all my setups. I'm not sure if he wants to be named but yeah, I've been using the same guy for suspension since the new snapshot. Ill ask him if I can post some setups.
Tanner Rogers
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

You have a suspension guy in mxs? It's not that hard to figure out, I doubt most people even set things based on what makes sense anyway and just play with numbers until it feels good :lol:. Hell, most people probably don't understand what the low speed settings do in mxs.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

Please enlighten us. My Sherman tank is all over the place in those braking bumps.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
DonnieTheDealer
Crushed Dissenter

Post by DonnieTheDealer »

Haven't been apart of the forums until now, just thought I'd join to share my suspension. Been playing for a while and this seems to work for me.
2016 MXSON Champion 2014 MXSON Champion Won highpoint on a 125 Good at Raging It's Whatever
John23

Post by John23 »

If you have Stop Wheelies set to "Yes", does it slow down the acceleration/top speed? I can't seem to ride consistently with it tuned to "No". I seem to loop out everywhere, so my question is: Does having Stop Wheelies set to "Yes" or "Front Only" impact the speed of the bike (Acceleration/Top Speed)?
jlv wrote:This post is useless.
Railin' N Trailin'
Team: Nigerian Corndog

Post by Railin' N Trailin' »

turn down the braking torque. I ride 350 for 250, and 470 for 450s. I tend to change it depending on the traction of the track
http://www.youtube.com/user/EBG4MING
Timo Van Dyk wrote:You dont need to thanks me thanks the internet!
jlv wrote:I shit you not!
John23

Post by John23 »

Railin' N Trailin' wrote:turn down the braking torque. I ride 350 for 250, and 470 for 450s. I tend to change it depending on the traction of the track
No. I'm talking about it will front wheelie. I will loop out
jlv wrote:This post is useless.
DonnieTheDealer
Crushed Dissenter

Post by DonnieTheDealer »

Pretty sure it slows you down so you can't loop out
2016 MXSON Champion 2014 MXSON Champion Won highpoint on a 125 Good at Raging It's Whatever
Railin' N Trailin'
Team: Nigerian Corndog

Post by Railin' N Trailin' »

It puts less pressure on the braking aspect, but still does the job. It's smoother. Try it
http://www.youtube.com/user/EBG4MING
Timo Van Dyk wrote:You dont need to thanks me thanks the internet!
jlv wrote:I shit you not!
webbmotox
Crushed Dissenter

Post by webbmotox »

DurpDers#427 wrote:
RXR_Banjo wrote:Hi Thorpe, i have tried once again your advanced for 20 laps and i am in love with it!! i can run the same laps as before but more consistent! i have made one small change to your advanced if you wanna try it.. here it is :
max steering force: 820 to 850

Sweet man! This stability saves my ass all the time...its tight enough to help stay up, and I have seen it throw down some whips, from other riders that run a similar stability. I also tried 850, feels good..I also changed the "Restricted Lock Angle" to 6.50..that I got from yours!
Ddavis wrote:I know where you got your advanced Thorpe :lol: Damn near identical to mine
Lets hope he doesn't mind :P I'm sure his setup has help many in this game!
Ive just been staring at the kitchen the whole time