YOUR SETUP

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
Hi Im Skyqe
Team: wat

Re: YOUR SETUP

Post by Hi Im Skyqe »

Prydz wrote:
TeamHavocRacing wrote:
Prydz wrote:How am I suppose to go fast at outdoors when my suspension/rider collapse after small overjumps?
Even with everything at 100 I eat shit
At 100, you transmit more impact to the rider, causing a falloff sooner. Use this as a guide....

Less compression damping softens up the ride as does spring rate. Low speed damping acts like an anti-roll bar, high speed is for hits. Same goes for rebound, have just enough to keep the tire in contact, but enough damping to prevent pogo-ing. Adjust either end's high speed RB damping to balance out endo or wheelie tendencies. Not too much RB damping or you won't clear that monster triple.
Blablabla.
You dont understand. Because of the latest snapshots, you cant even run like... 60-70 compression or spring rate on the shock. You'll just eat shit from tiny overjumps

I just saw this post. To recap, what Havoc is saying would be correct in the real world however in MXS our low speed adjustment is not a true low speed adjustment.

In MXS our low speed adjusts the curve of the damping from digressive (0-49) linear (50) and progressive (51-100).
blind bryan

Post by blind bryan »

So i'm trying to get ready for southwick this week. Does everyone just run normal setups? I figured I would move the rider mass more to the back and soften up the front to try and get more traction and less front end slide in the sand. Does this sound right?
Rayvenator
Team: TM Factory Racing

Post by Rayvenator »

I noticed some fast guys saying that the setups for 250 and 450 are totally different.

Now I pretty much only ride 250 but If I wanna work on a 450 setup, what are the biggest changes I should keep an eye on?
kurtmx

Post by kurtmx »

Rayvenator wrote:I noticed some fast guys saying that the setups for 250 and 450 are totally different.

Now I pretty much only ride 250 but If I wanna work on a 450 setup, what are the biggest changes I should keep an eye on?
I believe mainly high sp adjusters and Spring rates should be stiffer.
2017 Australian Mx Nationals MX1 - 3rd
Ktmrdr11
Team: I think Vurb

Post by Ktmrdr11 »

Rayvenator wrote:I noticed some fast guys saying that the setups for 250 and 450 are totally different.

Thats not entirely true, you used to be able to take a 450 setup and maybe lower it 5-10 and ride it, but now it seems to be either a hit or a miss, sometimes its do-able sometimes its not. I dont ride 450s very much but they seem to just be able to be a little looser 250s seem to have to be a little more stiff im guessing because of the speed and power difference.
Hi Im Skyqe

Post by Hi Im Skyqe »

Hi Im Skyqe wrote:
Prydz wrote:
TeamHavocRacing wrote: At 100, you transmit more impact to the rider, causing a falloff sooner. Use this as a guide....

Less compression damping softens up the ride as does spring rate. Low speed damping acts like an anti-roll bar, high speed is for hits. Same goes for rebound, have just enough to keep the tire in contact, but enough damping to prevent pogo-ing. Adjust either end's high speed RB damping to balance out endo or wheelie tendencies. Not too much RB damping or you won't clear that monster triple.
Blablabla.
You dont understand. Because of the latest snapshots, you cant even run like... 60-70 compression or spring rate on the shock. You'll just eat shit from tiny overjumps

I just saw this post. To recap, what Havoc is saying would be correct in the real world however in MXS our low speed adjustment is not a true low speed adjustment.

In MXS our low speed adjusts the curve of the damping from progressive (0-49) linear (50) and digressive (51-100).
Prydz
Team: Privateer

Post by Prydz »

Lets work together to create the best setup ever!
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

Hi Im Skyqe wrote: In MXS our low speed adjusts the curve of the damping from progressive (0-49) linear (50) and digressive (51-100).
thisthisthisthisthisthisthis

Most people don't know this still.

TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
Prydz

Post by Prydz »

So I should use 51-100 low speed on shock?
I tried using 60 & 70, with 70 @ high speed aswell. Seemed to track pretty good. The rear followed the front in the rough
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Hi Im Skyqe wrote:
Prydz wrote:
Blablabla.

In MXS our low speed adjusts the curve of the damping from progressive (0-49) linear (50) and digressive (51-100).
Er, that's what it's supposed to do. More damping relative to speed at low speed is digressive, less is progressive. What do you think a "true low speed adjustment" would do?
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Hi Im Skyqe

Post by Hi Im Skyqe »

jlv wrote:
Hi Im Skyqe wrote:
Prydz wrote:
Blablabla.

Er, that's what it's supposed to do. More damping relative to speed at low speed is digressive, less is progressive. What do you think a "true low speed adjustment" would do?
Correct me if I am wrong but this is how I envision how the valving in MXS works. We have a single valve (the high speed damper) and you have added a low speed damper which basically gives the ability to change the rising/linear/falling rate of the high speed damper.

I am guessing at this however I feel that having a separate low speed damper which works in completely separate situations from the high speed damper would be hard to get a handle on (and be of little value) with how fast our shaft speeds are without having a shim stack to slow down the shaft velocity before the valve itself is able to open.

I honestly think the best way to explain what the drawback of the current suspension is the current suspension feels like we are running an open piston. The open piston makes it harder to tune the damping with the high shaft velocity. Realistically we are fighting for bottoming resistance and using the wrong tool for the job (high speed damper). This creates a harsh suspension on the small chatter.

If we had a shim stack to slow the shaft speeds (in certain points of the stroke) we would be able to have separate tuning for high speed and low speed dampers (relative to speed). Low speed would handle the slower speed damping under a certain speed threshold. The high speed would handle the higher speed damping over a certain speed threshold.
yzmxer608

Post by yzmxer608 »

My point was I believe most people think the low and high speed dampings are linear and they have an overlap somewhere.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
blind bryan

Post by blind bryan »

would anyone want to share a good sand setup? mine is garbage and I would love to not get last place tonight. Any help would be really appreciated!!!
Ezra

Post by Ezra »

yzmxer608 wrote:
Hi Im Skyqe wrote: In MXS our low speed adjusts the curve of the damping from progressive (0-49) linear (50) and digressive (51-100).
thisthisthisthisthisthisthis

Most people don't know this still.

Is this graph to scale/actually the functions used by the game?? seems a bit odd to have completely different types of non linear-ness( not a word, i know) for digressive and progressive.
All opinions expressed by this account are unofficial, and should be taken with a grain of salt
yzmxer608

Post by yzmxer608 »

Definitely not to scale, just for illustration purposes.