Tips for beginners [Discussion]

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
nnno123
Team: Privateer

Tips for beginners [Discussion]

Post by nnno123 »

I want to make a thread about tips that might help beginners or even people who have been playing for yonks.

I'll start by giving some tips that I can think of right now

1. Try to downshift after going through bumps. Downshifting before can cause you to swap out.

2. If you're struggling to throw whips, try sitting down or hitting the jump in a higher gear than you need to be in.

3. If you are using a controller, try leaning halfway back when going through bumps instead of leaning all the way back so that you can stay more balanced.

4. (Similar to tip #2) Sitting down over/during a jump can change the way that the bike handles significantly. It's something that you will need to test/play around with yourself to see when to or to not use it.

5. If you've just started playing, try using a 250 4 stroke, they're much easier to ride in almost every way.

6. If you think the new 450's are too powerful, try using the CRF450R or RMZ450.

This is all I can think of right now but hopefully some more people can contribute some of their knowledge and I can add some more tips if i think of some
ssChuckyss
Team: Privateer

Re: Tips for beginners [Discussion]

Post by ssChuckyss »

Nice tips.. :D
onefoureight
Team: Not Splitfire

Post by onefoureight »

nnno123 wrote:5. If you've just started playing, try using a 250 4 stroke, they're much easier to ride in almost every way.
2015 Australian Supercross 450 champion | rF Villain | Wolf Pack Racing Leader | CBL Gaming
sethiemeboi
Crushed Dissenter
Team: VlastMX

Post by sethiemeboi »

you forgot one tip that i think everybody who is new to the game should abide.. stay out of the 03 server
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

sethiemeboi wrote:you forgot one tip that i think everybody who is new to the game should abide.. stay out of the 03 server
Why? Better there than on a race qualifying server :)
sethiemeboi
Crushed Dissenter
Team: VlastMX

Post by sethiemeboi »

Wahlamt wrote:
sethiemeboi wrote:you forgot one tip that i think everybody who is new to the game should abide.. stay out of the 03 server
Why? Better there than on a race qualifying server :)
this is true, but if you ever go into the 03 server, theres always new players, and james stewarts :lol:
DBRider251
Team: Elevated Motorsports

Post by DBRider251 »

nnno123 wrote:5. If you've just started playing, try using a 250 4 stroke, they're much easier to ride in almost every way.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:it's all the liberals fault
USABMXER1
Team: DaBaum Designs

Post by USABMXER1 »

1. When nose diving shift all the way up and rev the hell out of the bike.
2. When about to case sit down and lean forward, then shift all the way down (not sure if it just me that does that or not but it usually helps me a little bit or am I just thinking it does?)
3. If you respect the blue flag by pulling out of the way and letting them by then more players will usually respect you more when you are being lapped cause you were being a nice lapper.
4. Try and hold a line in a straight away so that you aren't all over the track.
5. Learn throttle control (not holding it wide everywhere so that you aren't looping out or sliding out.)
6. Have fun and don't rage because then it makes you ride worse (at least in my experience) (also I rage hard still so I am still trying to learn this one as well.)

That's all that I can think of off the top of my head right now but hope that this adds to the list so that you guys are able to get better faster.
BraapBraap

Post by BraapBraap »

I haven't learned much since 2011 but I'll give it a go.
1. When racing, consistent is faster. In other words its faster in the long run to double double then to huck the tripple single and fall every lap.
2. Its way easier to pin the throttle and lean over harder at the apex of a supercross berm to kind of steer with your back tire through the corner rather than going slow and steering with your front wheel.
3. If someone takes you out, don't make it your goal to take them out again. If they're bad enough to be purposefully be taking you out then they will fall again and you can cruise past them. (Goes in with tip one)
4. You can't do anything special to be good at the game. The more you play, the smoother and faster you get. Its like magic :lol:
5. Set ups aren't going to make you faster. Fine tune one you like and stick with it. Tysens setup wont make you ride like Tysen because its made for him.
Will Johns | Privateer