Fixed file mismatch

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
SensMx
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:31 pm
Team: Privateer

Fixed file mismatch

Postby SensMx » Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:52 pm

I have a problem with mxs, If I want to go in multiplayer, It says: ''fixed file mismatch'', I downloaded all of the tracks again but didnt work, anyone here to fix this problem? :x

jlv
Site Admin
Posts: 12144
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:39 am
Team: No Frills Racing
Contact:

Re: Fixed file mismatch

Postby jlv » Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:42 am

That usually means your collision files don't match what the game exe expects. If you've installed a snapshot update, make sure you also installed the saf file that was posted with it.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.

SensMx
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:31 pm
Team: Privateer

Re: Fixed file mismatch

Postby SensMx » Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:07 pm

jlv wrote:That usually means your collision files don't match what the game exe expects. If you've installed a snapshot update, make sure you also installed the saf file that was posted with it.



Yeah I installed the snapshot+the saf file,
Still doesnt work

User avatar
sethiemeboi
Posts: 517
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:17 pm
Team: VlastMX
Location: Right Behind You....
Contact:

Re: Fixed file mismatch

Postby sethiemeboi » Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:52 pm

maybe you should just reinstall the whole game or at least the snapshot
Image

jlv
Site Admin
Posts: 12144
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:39 am
Team: No Frills Racing
Contact:

Re: Fixed file mismatch

Postby jlv » Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:19 am

What do you get when you type the following commands in the chat console?

/listfiles generic_frame
/listfiles generic_fork_upper
/listfiles generic_rider

You should get this:

generic_frame.shp -> C:\Program Files (x86)\MX Simulator\zzzs.saf
generic_frame.shp.gz -> C:\Program Files (x86)\MX Simulator\zzzz.saf

generic_fork_upper.shp.gz -> C:\Program Files (x86)\MX Simulator\zzzrtestzy.saf
generic_fork_upper.shp.gz -> C:\Program Files (x86)\MX Simulator\zzzz.saf

generic_rider.shp.gz -> C:\Program Files (x86)\MX Simulator\zzzw.saf
generic_rider.shp.gz -> C:\Program Files (x86)\MX Simulator\zzzx.saf
generic_rider.shp.gz -> C:\Program Files (x86)\MX Simulator\zzzz.saf
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.

User avatar
lukescheff
Posts: 67
Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:57 pm
Team: Diamond Designs

Re: Fixed file mismatch

Postby lukescheff » Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:29 am

jlv wrote:What do you get when you type the following commands in the chat console?

/listfiles generic_frame
/listfiles generic_fork_upper
/listfiles generic_rider

You should get this:

generic_frame.shp -> C:\Program Files (x86)\MX Simulator\zzzs.saf
generic_frame.shp.gz -> C:\Program Files (x86)\MX Simulator\zzzz.saf

generic_fork_upper.shp.gz -> C:\Program Files (x86)\MX Simulator\zzzrtestzy.saf
generic_fork_upper.shp.gz -> C:\Program Files (x86)\MX Simulator\zzzz.saf

generic_rider.shp.gz -> C:\Program Files (x86)\MX Simulator\zzzw.saf
generic_rider.shp.gz -> C:\Program Files (x86)\MX Simulator\zzzx.saf
generic_rider.shp.gz -> C:\Program Files (x86)\MX Simulator\zzzz.saf

i get everything that i should but i also get
generic_frame.shp -> C:\Program Files (x86)\MX Simulator\zzzstestzz.saf
name: Luke Scheffler
number:171
Team:Diamond Designs

User avatar
lukescheff
Posts: 67
Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:57 pm
Team: Diamond Designs

Re: Fixed file mismatch

Postby lukescheff » Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:34 am

lukescheff wrote:
jlv wrote:What do you get when you type the following commands in the chat console?

/listfiles generic_frame
/listfiles generic_fork_upper
/listfiles generic_rider

You should get this:

generic_frame.shp -> C:\Program Files (x86)\MX Simulator\zzzs.saf
generic_frame.shp.gz -> C:\Program Files (x86)\MX Simulator\zzzz.saf

generic_fork_upper.shp.gz -> C:\Program Files (x86)\MX Simulator\zzzrtestzy.saf
generic_fork_upper.shp.gz -> C:\Program Files (x86)\MX Simulator\zzzz.saf

generic_rider.shp.gz -> C:\Program Files (x86)\MX Simulator\zzzw.saf
generic_rider.shp.gz -> C:\Program Files (x86)\MX Simulator\zzzx.saf
generic_rider.shp.gz -> C:\Program Files (x86)\MX Simulator\zzzz.saf

i get everything that i should but i also get
generic_frame.shp -> C:\Program Files (x86)\MX Simulator\zzzstestzz.saf

And the 2016 bikes are no longer in my game :evil: :evil: :evil:
name: Luke Scheffler
number:171
Team:Diamond Designs

jlv
Site Admin
Posts: 12144
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:39 am
Team: No Frills Racing
Contact:

Re: Fixed file mismatch

Postby jlv » Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:16 am

My guess is you have the snapshot installed but not as "C:\Program Files (x86)\mx.exe" and you're opening the game via the web links on the server page. When you launch the game using those links it uses "C:\Program Files (x86)\mx.exe", which is probably 1.10 in your case. Check the version number at the lower right when the menu is up.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.

ShyGuyGaming45
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:05 am
Team: Privateer

Re: Fixed file mismatch

Postby ShyGuyGaming45 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:21 pm

mine says zzzz.saf and i have it installed
still says "fixed file mismatch"

jlv
Site Admin
Posts: 12144
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:39 am
Team: No Frills Racing
Contact:

Re: Fixed file mismatch

Postby jlv » Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:40 am

ShyGuyGaming45 wrote:mine says zzzz.saf and i have it installed
still says "fixed file mismatch"

Try reinstalling using the full installer.

"generic_frame.shp" should be from "zzzs.saf".
"generic_fork_upper.shp.gz" should be from "zzzr.saf".
"generic_rider.shp.gz" should be from "zzzw.saf".
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.

ShyGuyGaming45
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:05 am
Team: Privateer

Re: Fixed file mismatch

Postby ShyGuyGaming45 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:45 pm

jlv wrote:
ShyGuyGaming45 wrote:mine says zzzz.saf and i have it installed
still says "fixed file mismatch"

Try reinstalling using the full installer.

"generic_frame.shp" should be from "zzzs.saf".
"generic_fork_upper.shp.gz" should be from "zzzr.saf".
"generic_rider.shp.gz" should be from "zzzw.saf".

thx


Return to “General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests