Will a Mini-PC run?

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
Ryder Hancock
Team: Privateer

Will a Mini-PC run?

Post by Ryder Hancock »

Currently looking for options for a cheap way to play sim. I don't plan on racing anytime soon but I would like to play some custom tracks, custom gear, (etc) with some ok performance. I am currently looking at the Azulle Byte Plus with four gigs of ram ( https://azulletech.com/product/byte-plu ... esktop-pc/ ). Any suggestions or feedback is appreciated.

Thanks!
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Re: Will a Mini-PC run?

Post by jlv »

It'd run, but very slowly. The CPU is only 1.44 GHz. It doesn't say what the GPU is but I'd expect that to be slow as well.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

It would run it as you could look through the menu's. It says on the product description that its meant to be a stream PC. It doesn't mention the GPU because it doesn't have one. Its max is 4GB RAM and shared for the CPU/GPU even stock models would stress it. Also it being fanless means that after about 5 seconds of running 100% it will start to overheat and throttle itself back to not die which will limit performance further.

http://www.gigabyte.us/products/list.aspx?s=47&ck=104

One of these would run it better as they are closer to a small laptop but anything that size will not be purpose built for anything more than a movie streamer for the living room.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

Looks like the GPU is integrated Intel HD. Pretty sure Windows requires some kind of GPU these days.

https://ark.intel.com/products/87383/In ... o-1_84-GHz
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

Pumaxcs wrote:It doesn't mention the GPU because it doesn't have one. Its max is 4GB RAM and shared for the CPU/GPU even stock models would stress it.
Yeah, I worded that weird. It has video outputs so it has some form of "GPU" in it like you said with onboard and I knew that but it doesn't do much more than provide the outputs. I tried to say that there but did outright say it had no GPU so, my bad.

As you can see though with a TDP of 2W its basically a phone/tablet processor.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

It does more than just video output. It's just real weak. 12 execution units at 200-500 Mhz. I didn't notice it was just 2 watts. That's actually pretty awesome for what it does.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com