Want to upgrade graphics card. Opinions?

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
newmanb138
Team: United

Want to upgrade graphics card. Opinions?

Post by newmanb138 »

I currently have a ASUS GeForce GTX650Ti 2gb card. Game runs at 125fps, but i have to run medium graphic tracks and turn down the settings in the game to normal. Just looking to be able to run the graphics maxed out.
I was looking at the ASUS GeForce Strix GTX1070 OC(or non OC?) 8gb. Probably somewhat overkill(?) but would like to be set for a few years at least.
Question is, is that card WAY overkill(mainly play MXS)? Or is there another card that would be an upgrade but not quite as high as the 1070? Thanks for any advice/opinions.
Jeremy150
Team: MV Films

Re: Want to upgrade graphics card. Opinions?

Post by Jeremy150 »

Definitely not overkill. It's a nice card to have(any 1070). You can pretty much run every track maxed out with everybody's skins at 125fps. Only problem I had was on outdoors, with everyone's stuff I was running about 100fps.
newmanb138
Team: United

Post by newmanb138 »

So to go along with my original question. I have a 60hz moniter currently. My current card "says" 125fps in game, but is that really achievable with a 60hz moniter?
Also, if I upgrade to the above card(Asus GeForce GTX 1070 OC 8gb) and a 144hz moniter would I see a huge improvement in smoothness of playing? Currently my graphics in game are on normal, and track downloads are the "medium" graphics. And if I maxed out the graphics settings with the new setup with high res tracks, are the graphics noticbly better?
Tbonemx428

Post by Tbonemx428 »

60 HZ means that only 60 FPS are being shown through your current monitor. If you get a 144 Hz monitor, you will definitely see the difference as it will be much smoother.
Jeremy150
Team: MV Films

Post by Jeremy150 »

Yeah like what Tbone said, with a 60hz monitor your screen will only refresh 60times in a second. So if you get a 144hz monitor, you would be able to see 144 frames per second. It is a huge difference going up to a 144hz monitor, a jump similar from going from 30fps to 60fps. Depending on the track, yes you should see a pretty big difference in graphics. You can try it out now, just max everything out and go play on the track and you can see how it will look, except with the new card will probably play at 125 fps.